DT Irving misses media portion of practice dealing with child custody case

Batman1980

Reaction score
Defensive tackle David Irving was not at the portion of practice open to the media Wednesday as he deals with a child custody case. Jason Garrett said Irving was around this morning and expected to do something in practice. Receiver Tavon Austin is seeking a second opinion on...

Source - Todd Archer on :espn:

:popcorn::thumbdown::thumbdown:

ESisback

Reaction score
Some realize he’s good, but also the weakest link. Could someone be indirectly urging the media to keep working this angle?

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
I understand children are important, but this is a legal matter, not taking his kid to the hospital or anything. Can a lawyer not handle this?
No offense, but you've obviously never been through something like this. This isn't in regards to a traffic ticket. Appearances go a long way with the Judge, demonstrating you'll be there for your kids no matter what.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Some realize he’s good, but also the weakest link. Could someone be indirectly urging the media to keep working this angle?
Had to scroll back up and make sure I read the right name....."weakest link"?

How do you mean, ES?

csirl

Reaction score
Sending a lawyer to court and not showing up yourself probably doesn't show the judge a great deal of parental commitment.

If there are weekly court appearances, then surely his lawyer can ask the Judge to schedule them for the day off? Irving wont keep his job if he keeps missing time - which isnt good for the child.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If there are weekly court appearances, then surely his lawyer can ask the Judge to schedule them for the day off? Irving wont keep his job if he keeps missing time - which isnt good for the child.
Valid point. I have no idea how often they have court, but I've never seen three a week for custody cases.

ESisback

Reaction score
Had to scroll back up and make sure I read the right name....."weakest link"?

How do you mean, ES?
Meaning he APPEARS to be the most unstable. Someone with power and influence may subtly jab certain media pals, indirectly encouraging them to be vigilant. If they can drum up enough negative publicity to cause a suspension or even a distraction, it weakens the Cowboys’ DL rotation.

Not saying it IS happening, just acknowledging the possibility...

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Meaning he APPEARS to be the most unstable. Someone with power and influence may subtly jab certain media pals, indirectly encouraging them to be vigilant. If they can drum up enough negative publicity to cause a suspension or even a distraction, it weakens the Cowboys’ DL rotation.

Not saying it IS happening, just acknowledging the possibility...
Gotcha. You meant weak link in the public perception, not on the Defense.