DT Irving misses media portion of practice dealing with child custody case

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Actually no I am not and I don’t mean to sound arrogant has that is totally the opposite of my personality, but I do have experience with custody hearings and it is almost impossible to when those if you are not in attendance. Especially being a father trying to gain custody of a daughter. Just my experience brother.

True. My wife is an officer for DRO (Domestic Relations Office) and handle child custody and child support. If he is not in court the chances of custody is slim to none

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
I was a Court Registrar in a former life.....including a stint in charge of serious childcare cases.

So you do absolutely know that a schedule, reschedule or date of continuance is determined by the judges case load schedule. He sets the date and sometimes determines by his own recourse to not move forward with a continuance request and immediately tries the case.

csirl

Reaction score
So you do absolutely know that a schedule, reschedule or date of continuance is determined by the judges case load schedule. He sets the date and sometimes determines by his own recourse to not move forward with a continuance request and immediately tries the case.

Its being going on for weeks - so unlikely to be a full custody hearing. These are usually over in a matter of days.

To me it sounds like one of those scenarios where the court is monitoring an ongoing situation on a weekly basis.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Actually it is my business. Its all of our businesses. Our money pays his salary. Thats one. 2. He signed up for this when he decided to be a professional football player. He had no issue making his personal business known himself when he posted a picture of the woman he is currently fighting with letting him have a 3 way on instagram. So yeah. Sorry. I will not mind my business. Sorry if i take missing work a little personal when people going thru way worse crap have to go back to work because its how they survive.
I dont agree, Sorry WE do not pay his salary, Jerry does, TV Revenue pays Jerry, some of Jerrys money is from ticket sales etc but in the big picture its none of our DANG Business. if you want to rip his play, rip him being out of shape etc, even comment on his suspensions, FINE, BUT him needing to take personal FN days to tend to his family and you trying to tell him he shouldnt be doing this at this time, is Ignorant and you sure have a skewed view of yourself..

ESisback

Reaction score
Sorry, but I think you are stretching for a conspiracy. It's not at all that I think any team (Cowboys included) is above leaning a bit on the commissioner to take action against another team, but there has to be some foundation for it. As you said, a custody battle would neither motivate or justify action by the commissioner, so realistically what could the commissioner do even if Mara wanted him to do something? Hell, he couldn't even hint there could be action against a player because of a custody battle, and without that as a threat what could he do to cause a distraction?
What could he do to cause a distraction? Perhaps influence a few media outlets in some subtle, indirect way. Public perception CAN muddy the waters. Who really knows? My main points remain— a lot of people resent the Cowboys, public perception is very changeable, and nothing surprises me anymore.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I dont agree, Sorry WE do not pay his salary, Jerry does, TV Revenue pays Jerry, some of Jerrys money is from ticket sales etc but in the big picture its none of our DANG Business. if you want to rip his play, rip him being out of shape etc, even comment on his suspensions, FINE, BUT him needing to take personal FN days to tend to his family and you trying to tell him he shouldnt be doing this at this time, is Ignorant and you sure have a skewed view of yourself..
Do I? Really? Let me ask you something. I am sorry but when I only get 3 weeks off for the death of someone and he gets 11 months off I may have a skewed opinion. My bad. Welcome to the ignore list. Its funny you telling me not to judge while you judge me without even wondering why I am mad. Awesome logic

blueblood70

Reaction score
Do I? Really? Let me ask you something. I am sorry but when I only get 3 weeks off for the death of someone and he gets 11 months off I may have a skewed opinion. My bad. Welcome to the ignore list. Its funny you telling me not to judge while you judge me without even wondering why I am mad. Awesome logic
:lmao::omg: ok Bro Ignore away hve a nice life :facepalm::huh::popcorn::thumbup:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What could he do to cause a distraction? Perhaps influence a few media outlets in some subtle, indirect way. Public perception CAN muddy the waters. Who really knows? My main points remain— a lot of people resent the Cowboys, public perception is very changeable, and nothing surprises me anymore.

Again, I think you are looking way too hard for a conspiracy. There would be absolutely no reason Goodell would waste a second of his time doing this, and it could even border on slander.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Its being going on for weeks - so unlikely to be a full custody hearing. These are usually over in a matter of days.

To me it sounds like one of those scenarios where the court is monitoring an ongoing situation on a weekly basis.

The monitoring part could be correct. Remember she accused him of abuse then recanted it. Her attorney could play the it really happened and she recanted because of the possible financial hit David would take. I have seen recanted statements readmitted before with a justifing cause. By the way have seen them go in for months. All cases are different.

Anyway as I stated I just know how difficult custody battles can be and I totally understand putting everything on hold to deal with these. But that’s just me.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Maybe you need to find a job with an offseason ....

The reality is, this isn't about you and your situation anyway, so that argument doesn't apply. His situation is his - the custody battle, the batsht crazy baby momma, the job with several months off, the employer that is willing to work with him ...

We also have to realistically understand the timing of events in the custody battle is dictated by the court, not Irving's practice schedule, and that anyone in a custody battle (not just football players) that work normal business hours M-F would also be required to take time off work at points in the process, because the judge, the court, the attorneys, and anyone charged with evaluating the parents and giving testimony all work those hours too. That's the nature of the process. All those people aren't going to work nights and weekends to accommodate one of the claimants.

ESisback

Reaction score
Again, I think you are looking way too hard for a conspiracy. There would be absolutely no reason Goodell would waste a second of his time doing this, and it could even border on slander.

Do you agree that Dallas has a lot of detractors? That public perception is very changeable? How about the existence of malfeasance in the world of sports? Is Mara pals with Goodell? Does anything surprise us anymore?

Those are my main points. The rest is just supposition for guys killing time.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Irving wanted to avoid any questions having to do with his personal affairs.

Suspecting the kind of mental frustration that he's going through, I can't say as blame him.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you agree that Dallas has a lot of detractors? That public perception is very changeable? How about the existence of malfeasance in the world of sports? Is Mara pals with Goodell? Does anything surprise us anymore?

Those are my main points. The rest is just supposition for guys killing time.

Of course Dallas has detractors - it's the nature of the game, and especially a high profile team. And of course public perception is changeable, and I already told you that I don't think NFL teams are above whispering in the commissioner's ear. But that's not a reason to think every irrational, ridiculous thing we can dream up is taking place, or to think this is how the NFL commissioner spends his time.

Hell, D-Lawrence had a suspension too, and he is doing way more good for the Cowboys than Irving, so why isn't Goodell leaking false little tidbits about him to the media?

If we are going to go where you are, then why not believe Goodell is whispering to the media that Jaylon Smith's foot is acting up, or Dak Prescott's DWI in college is just the time he got caught and he has an ongoing issue with alcoholism, or Zeke Elliott has been seen in strip clubs smoking pot, or something related to Awuzie's arrest in college, or any of a thousand other things? Hell, we can get really creative if we are willing to go down the path you are. Why not have fun with it? Dak is screwing goats, or Beasley is giving sexual favors to get his rap career going?

ESisback

Reaction score
All I did was suggest some possibilities. I certainly don’t have the time or the inclination to verbalize every ridiculous possibility. But I AM up for having some fun! So who’s Beasley bumping uglies with? Beyoncé? Where I come from they call it doin’ “The Hibbity Jibbity”!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don't blame him. My kids come before anything.

Why is he not responsible for the loser that he got pregnant? Most have been with psycho chicks simply because the sex was soo good. But you make a decision on how far you let it go. Do you marry them? Do you get them pregnant? Decisions. Its all about decisions.