CFZ DT Trysten Hill could surprise

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Tristan Hill could surprise by making the team.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Trysten Hill will be one of the three 3-tech DT guys I’m looking forward to seeing how it plays out.
Some here either will,.. or already have written him off the roster.

- Barring injury, I still think Trysten has a chance to make this 53 roster as a key rotation guy.
Yes, he is not Quinn’s hand picked draft selection, but neither is Gallimore.

- I don’t think his mini camp impressions is by luck, as it was reported he gave rookie Tyler Smith
some problems vs pass, shouldn't come as a surprised.
Hill is athletic and agile, and can move well off the blocks and in pursuit for one 310 pounds.

- For one over 300 pounds, I even to tend to think in terms of his lateral movement, agility and change of direction may be better than Gallimore.
I think between durability and discipline issues (maturity) , that’s been his biggest issues and setbacks.

- Like Gallimore, he’s been slowed and setback by injuries,
He was benched for most of his rookie year under Marinelli
His 2nd year was immediately shortened by the ACL tear injury
His 3rd year he was very slow to recover off coming off that ACL injury; by mid-season.
It didn't helped by a game suspension per post game Raiders.
Still young at 24, was a green reach late 2nd round pick.
Its make it or break it time for Hill.
If the light bulb finally clicks on then we will all be dancing in the streets.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Never cared for the kid. Has the tools but not the head or heart
Kid is still young at still only 24, but he needs to grow up quickly if he wants to have a career, not just here but on any roster in the league.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Never cared for the kid. Has the tools but not the head or heart
Agreed.

It's not a good sign when your entering your 4th year at a position that has been historically weak for the team (your battling against league minimum guys like convington and urban) and even with that all you've really been known for during your tenure is falling sleep during a meeting, being a health scratch, and punching someone after a game.

Pretty embarrassing if we're being honest, especially for a 2nd rounder

Haimerej

Reaction score
It was an illegal hit. One of the pointers Rod Marinelli gave him.

I'm saying he needs to get one for PEDs before I think he would have a shot at being a contributor worth noting. As others have said, he's a block magnet with no ability to anchor.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'm saying he needs to get one for PEDs before I think he would have a shot at being a contributor worth noting. As others have said, he's a block magnet with no ability to anchor.

If he needs PED’s he’s a lost cause.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Trysten Hill should have been released after his rookie season. For some reason, Jerry gives some guys too long/much of a chance to prove themselves. Doesn't make sense.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
That would be more of a shock than a surprise.
Basically, saying that all of our interior projects are in make it or break it mode.
Even Bohanna has had a weight gain offseason, if that means anything.
Better be muscle mass and not belly roll.
We will get some actual eyes on soon.

pitt33

Reaction score
I’ve pretty much come to the conclusion that Hill was another Marinelli mistake. His days are probably numbered.
0-16

That’s all I think of when it comes to Marinelli.

And in typical Dallas fashion they put him in charge of the defense.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
0-16

That’s all I think of when it comes to Marinelli.

And in typical Dallas fashion they put him in charge of the defense.

He was a terrible head coach but he was a excellent DC when he had great players in Tampa. By the time he arrived in Dallas the game had passed him by.

pitt33

Reaction score
Let me clarify...

I would like nothing better than to be wrong about Hill and he turns into a 10 sack 3 tech. That would be absolutely wonderful.

I watched him in the SF game not that long ago, unfortunately, and him getting pushed all over the field is still fresh in my mind though.

3 years, hasn't shown it....likely won't ever show it.
I saw Hill literally get pushed back 20 yards in a game. I never saw that happen before.

pitt33

Reaction score
He was a terrible head coach but he was a excellent DC when he had great players in Tampa. By the time he arrived in Dallas the game had passed him by.
Problem was he didn’t have those war daddy’s in Big D.

And he was blitz averse during his time here. That worked in Tampa with Sapp and company collapsing the pocket so he didn’t have to blitz.