Durant possibly out for year

Ender

Reaction score
He is that guy to this team. You're fooling yourself if you think it was the same as losing an Andy Dalton.

At worst Romo is in the Matt Ryan/Jay Cutler/Joe Flacco category and all those guys would come back in if they could play as well.

Yea OK. I it doesn't matter what he is for us, he isnt as good as those other guys mentioned. But that doesn't matter. My point was he shouldn't have been in the game.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yea OK. I it doesn't matter what he is for us, he isnt as good as those other guys mentioned. But that doesn't matter. My point was he shouldn't have been in the game.

What are you talking about? You're just wrong man.

Ok he isn't Manning or Brady but we watched Washington trot out a 1 legged RG3 in his Rookie year.

This is what NFL teams would do. You go with your franchise QB if they can play and like Romo or not he is an Elite QB. A Choker? Sure fine. But he is still elite.

Ender

Reaction score
What are you talking about? You're just wrong man.

Ok he isn't Manning or Brady but we watched Washington trot out a 1 legged RG3 in his Rookie year.

This is what NFL teams would do. You go with your franchise QB if they can play and like Romo or not he is an Elite QB. A Choker? Sure fine. But he is still elite.

Yea, and look at what RG3 is now. You'd rather have your franchise qb risk his health in week 8 of the NFL season when you're trying to get into the playoffs? The same qb with a history of back injuries? Just because other teams makes dumb decision like that doesn't mean you follow suit. It was a bad decision because Romo could have gotten killed, and it was a bad decision because Weeden wasn't sucking.

You can't justify a bad decision by providing examples of other teams making the same bad decision, ultimately resulting in them possible destroying the career of a guy they gave multiple first round picks for.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yea, and look at what RG3 is now. You'd rather have your franchise qb risk his health in week 8 of the NFL season when you're trying to get into the playoffs? The same qb with a history of back injuries? Just because other teams makes dumb decision like that doesn't mean you follow suit. It was a bad decision because Romo could have gotten killed, and it was a bad decision because Weeden wasn't sucking.

You can't justify a bad decision by providing examples of other teams making the same bad decision, ultimately resulting in them possible destroying the career of a guy they gave multiple first round picks for.

Im justifying by saying that is what teams do.

Plus the offense being pinned deep was more of the problem than Romo.

Ender

Reaction score
Im justifying by saying that is what teams do.

Plus the offense being pinned deep was more of the problem than Romo.

Ok, but you cant justify a bad decision by saying a team that has been mostly horrible for two decades made the same decision. Thats just providing further evidence that it was a bad decision.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Ok, but you cant justify a bad decision by saying a team that has been mostly horrible for two decades made the same decision. Thats just providing further evidence that it was a bad decision.

Whatever man. It's easy to say it was a bad decision after the fact.

Were you saying it was a bad decision when Romo broke his ribs and won us the game against San Fran in a game he was struggling in as well?

You can cheer for any NFL franchise and you'll see the same decision made that Dallas made.

Ender

Reaction score
Whatever man. It's easy to say it was a bad decision after the fact.

Were you saying it was a bad decision when Romo broke his ribs and won us the game against San Fran in a game he was struggling in as well?

You can cheer for any NFL franchise and you'll see the same decision made that Dallas made.

I said it was a bad decision when it happened. And why are people bringing up the 9ers game 4 years ago. If we had a dominant running game 4 years ago and the back up was playing well in a tie game then it would be a bad decision.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I said it was a bad decision when it happened. And why are people bringing up the 9ers game 4 years ago. If we had a dominant running game 4 years ago and the back up was playing well in a tie game then it would be a bad decision.

I don't remember how well Kitna was playing but im pretty sure he threw a TD pass to Miles.

I'm done arguing though. No reason for me to argue something that you'll see again at some point. It's just what NFL teams do.

Ender

Reaction score
I don't remember how well Kitna was playing but im pretty sure he threw a TD pass to Miles.

I'm done arguing though. No reason for me to argue something that you'll see again at some point. It's just what NFL teams do.

ok

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
I'll have to stay away from here with this type of thinking. How do you guys live from day to day with that type of mindset?

I can't do it. This is the time we need to rally together, step up our game. We cannot let this great start we've got going go to waste. You (not you) are really not a true competitor if you take a defeatest attitude. I don't get it. It's beyond my comprehension.

I need to hear solutions not doom and gloom. I guess Hitchens will step in to take over for Durant? RoMc already tweeted "he demands better out of himself ... admit his failures ... correct them, and move on". That's a start, because the D did not play up to par last night ... and the RBs :facepalm:

On to the next one.

Zordon

Reaction score
after sleeping on it, this injury is worse than the loss. durant is the most underrated player on the team. while everyone on here talks about resigning bruce carter b/c he has big muscles and he's fast, i've wanted durant back over carter b/c he's a much better football player. losing durant and putting in a gump like wilber is going to hurt the run defense significantly. wilber doesn't even belong on this roster. durant was just as much of a physical presence in the run game as mcclain. i think he's more consistent than mcclain. God this news sucks......

Ender

Reaction score
after sleeping on it, this injury is worse than the loss. durant is the most underrated player on the team. while everyone on here talks about resigning bruce carter b/c he has big muscles and he's fast, i've wanted durant back over carter b/c he's a much better football player. losing durant and putting in a gump like wilber is going to hurt the run defense significantly. wilber doesn't even belong on this roster. durant was just as much of a physical presence in the run game as mcclain. i think he's more consistent than mcclain. God this news sucks......

Yea, it's going to be difficult replacing him. They seriously have to address the defense in this years draft and free agency.