E-Lie Throws Another League Leading INT - Now 11 More Than Romo

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
I'll start a 16th page now..... Eli is Hall of Fame bound. WPBCowboyFan will say he wont deserve it...

op124

Reaction score
That's my Quarterback. http://i299.***BLOCKED***/albums/mm290/LFC_PRIDE/Terrell-Owens-crying.gif

slomoxn

Reaction score
Hey WPB

As a Giants fan, I am on your side regarding Romo being the better passer. But you gotta admit that if you replaced Eli with Romo, Giants wouldn't have those 2 rings.

This is what is commonly felt by most or all of us that believe Romo is indeed the better talent, but we believe Eli has something that Romo doesn't. It doesn't mean Romo isn't a very good QB I/we (maybe) but certainly I do not believe Romo makes those plays and I don't believe the Giants have rings under Romo is those situations. I do think Romo gives the Cowboys the best chance to win because honestly who else is there, but since he has to have a perfect everything in order for it to happen I have accepted the fact that it won't.

slomoxn

Reaction score
I honestly don't see why people here on a COWBOY message board are going to such lengths to stick up for a divisional rival's QB. Especially when half of you don't even stick up for your own team's QB, heck some of you guys bash him more then our rival QBs. It's sad really, though I can't say I'm really surprised either.

I don't see why people are trying to compare TEAM accomplishments between the two, why not compare .. You know ... INDIVIDUAL accomplishments? This is a Eli vs. Romo thread after all, and not a Giants vs Dallas thread. Though it doesn't shock me, if you guys were to compare both QB's individual body of work, then it would heavily favor Romo. But we can't do that here because this is a Cowboy board and most people here genuinely dislike Romo, even more so then our rivals.

I think the problem is when we look individually at what they have done, a good deal of us do not believe after watching Romo's body of work, we do not have confidence in Romo to take a team that is not perfect to a superbowl run. As a few on here have pointed out the Giants did not have a running game and their defense was near last in the league in one of their SB runs. Along with the team Manning had to elevate his game and was able to do so, not once but twice. Same with Rogers during his SB run, he was sacked most in the league that year, no running game and the "D" was putrid, he still put them in the playoffs and won his ring. I don't believe we are basing our misgivings on Romo's stats or ability as much as we don't have faith that he can accomplish the task without all the stars lining up and fate being on his side. I don't think he is a choker, the whole team is (or at least the older guys are) but he won't be the one to bring this team another Lombardi.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You've watched to many Bill Clinton reruns of "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" or him talking about what "is" means. But you're not in his league. And you fail just as miserably.

fail.jpg

You've watched too many Jodi Arias interrogations.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Hey WPB

As a Giants fan, I am on your side regarding Romo being the better passer. But you gotta admit that if you replaced Eli with Romo, Giants wouldn't have those 2 rings.

Romo's the better passer/athlete and he's turned the ball over less than Eli during their careers. Romo's been the better "regular season" QB and the more productive player but Eli's been the much better big game/postseason QB which is why his elimination game record is so much better than Romo's. No way would Romo have been able to beat Favre and Rodgers at Lambeau In Jan in postseason games or hang in after 6 sacks and 22 hits and not turn the ball over to beat an excellent SF team in the NFC championship in front of a hostile crowed at Candlestick. No way could Romo with his history of turning the ball over multiple times in do or die games lead his team on 2 desperation drives to win SB's in the final minutes against a caliber team like NE and a HOF QB like Tom Brady. I've never seen a QB who can look so bad and make so many boneheaded plays during the regular season elevate their game to such a high level in the most critical games like Eli has been able to do.

Romo is the complete opposite of Eli he can look terrific during the regular season playing at an elite level only to have his game come completely apart when it's down to do or die. Both Eli and Romo make you scratch your head. Eli had one of the worst games I've ever seen a QB have vs Minn in week 12 of the 07 season. He turned the ball over 4 times including 3 pick-sixes. His passer rating for that game was 33.8. If anyone would have told me he was going to lead the Giants to a SB win that season and be named the games MVP I would have thought they were NUTS. I gained a lot of respect for Eli that season to be able to bounce back from a game like that to go on and play virtually mistake free football during the playoffs and SB that season. It didn't seem possible after suffering 27 turnovers that season to go on and commit only one turnover during the postseason when the games mattered most.

Wayne02

Reaction score
Regular Season, give me Romo every time.........Playoffs, give me Eli every time.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
I thank KJJ for seeing the big picture here.

Of course you would thank some one from this board giving all his love to Manning, but it isn't because he is this so called big picture, far from it all he does is type long winded post that say regurgitates same tired garbage, you quoted him only because you agree with his love for Manning. I certainly don't see you arguing with any one from here who think Eli isn't all that.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
I honestly don't see why people here on a COWBOY message board are going to such lengths to stick up for a divisional rival's QB. Especially when half of you don't even stick up for your own team's QB, heck some of you guys bash him more then our rival QBs. It's sad really, though I can't say I'm really surprised either.

I don't see why people are trying to compare TEAM accomplishments between the two, why not compare .. You know ... INDIVIDUAL accomplishments? This is a Eli vs. Romo thread after all, and not a Giants vs Dallas thread. Though it doesn't shock me, if you guys were to compare both QB's individual body of work, then it would heavily favor Romo. But we can't do that here because this is a Cowboy board and most people here genuinely dislike Romo, even more so then our rivals.

I like romo. I think he's done pretty good. But I'm an objective fan. If you were to ask me to compare a cowboys player to a player on another team, I'm gonna give you an honest objective answer. I'm not just gonna throw out all my beliefs just so I can say I've got my teams back.

I believe tony has been better in the regular season. But Eli plays big in the playoffs. He's got 2 Super Bowl MVPs. There's an individual accomplishment for you. It's a toss up really, but in ten years when we look back on it,Eli will be the more highly regarded qb bc of his rings am his last name is manning.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Of course you would thank some one from this board giving all his love to Manning, but it isn't because he is this so called big picture, far from it all he does is type long winded post that say regurgitates same tired garbage, you quoted him only because you agree with his love for Manning. I certainly don't see you arguing with any one from here who think Eli isn't all that.

No one is giving Eli any love it's called being objective both QB's careers speak for themselves. I've given Romo plenty of credit for the positives he brings to the table but It's foolish for anyone trying to put him ahead of Eli with Eli having the better head to head record and the much better post season record that includes 2 championships. If you have an issue with the length of my posts then don't read them or put me on ignore so you can't see them. If you have a problem with me or my opinions try addressing me instead of complaining to others about my views.

slomoxn

Reaction score
Romo's the better passer/athlete and he's turned the ball over less than Eli during their careers. Romo's been the better "regular season" QB and the more productive player but Eli's been the much better big game/postseason QB which is why his elimination game record is so much better than Romo's. No way would Romo have been able to beat Favre and Rodgers at Lambeau In Jan in postseason games or hang in after 6 sacks and 22 hits and not turn the ball over to beat an excellent SF team in the NFC championship in front of a hostile crowed at Candlestick. No way could Romo with his history of turning the ball over multiple times in do or die games lead his team on 2 desperation drives to win SB's in the final minutes against a caliber team like NE and a HOF QB like Tom Brady. I've never seen a QB who can look so bad and make so many boneheaded plays during the regular season elevate their game to such a high level in the most critical games like Eli has been able to do.

Romo is the complete opposite of Eli he can look terrific during the regular season playing at an elite level only to have his game come completely apart when it's down to do or die. Both Eli and Romo make you scratch your head. Eli had one of the worst games I've ever seen a QB have vs Minn in week 12 of the 07 season. He turned the ball over 4 times including 3 pick-sixes. His passer rating for that game was 33.8. If anyone would have told me he was going to lead the Giants to a SB win that season and be named the games MVP I would have thought they were NUTS. I gained a lot of respect for Eli that season to be able to bounce back from a game like that to go on and play virtually mistake free football during the playoffs and SB that season. It didn't seem possible after suffering 27 turnovers that season to go on and commit only one turnover during the postseason when the games mattered most.

I think this is aptly put, maybe its the underdog or David and Goliath thing that we always seem to root for. I gained a lot of respect for Manning through those two superbowls for the way he played, also the way he played during the playoffs those years. That may be what it all boils down to in the end, whether Romo is better or not isn't an issue with most of us, we just respect seeing someone rise to the occasion and Eli has done it twice, lucky plays or not, and I don't hear anyone talking about Franco Harris saving Bradshaw on "The Catch", great moments are made by great plays, and players legacies are made during those moments, and I'm no fan of the Giants but Eli made his moments, and so did the players with him. THAT!! I can respect.

Shunpike

Reaction score

Nope you are wrong.

I know what Eli is. I don't love or hate people based on the team they play for. I like Romo a lot although he plays for Cowboys. I don't like JPP even though he plays for Giants.

KJJ is being fair on a Cowboys board. He paints a very fair Eli-Romo picture. He doesn't bash Eli or Romo based on just statistics.

Shunpike

Reaction score
Regular Season, give me Romo every time.........Playoffs, give me Eli every time.
I know you will hate me but in our 2011 Superbowl run, Eli had an NFL record 4th quarter comeback wins.

It is not about regular season or post season. It is about delivering big games. Eli and Romo had their fair chances.

Eli delivered most of the time, and Romo didn't. That's why even though Romo is the better passer, Eli will go down as the better QB when it is 20-30 years from today.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I think this is aptly put, maybe its the underdog or David and Goliath thing that we always seem to root for. I gained a lot of respect for Manning through those two superbowls for the way he played, also the way he played during the playoffs those years. That may be what it all boils down to in the end, whether Romo is better or not isn't an issue with most of us, we just respect seeing someone rise to the occasion and Eli has done it twice, lucky plays or not, and I don't hear anyone talking about Franco Harris saving Bradshaw on "The Catch", great moments are made by great plays, and players legacies are made during those moments, and I'm no fan of the Giants but Eli made his moments, and so did the players with him. THAT!! I can respect.

Cowboy FANS talk about how lucky the Tyree catch was and granted it was pure luck but Eli had to Houdini escape his way out of what appeared to be a certain sack to pull that play off. That play was only made possible by Eli maintaining his poise and gathering himself under tremendous pressure to make an accurate throw. He didn't just drop back and let one fly hoping for a miracle he had to get out of one hell of a jam to even have a chance to stay on his feet and make that throw. Some of the luckiest plays in NFL history have involved HOF QB's in do or die games. Staubach's Hail Mary to Drew Pearson was a lucky play that resulted in the Cowboys advancing in the playoffs and ultimately the SB. Bradshaw's desperation throw that resulted in the all-time luckiest play the Immaculate Reception occurred during the postseason.

Dwight Clark's Catch from Montana was a lucky play that led SF to their first world championship. All those lucky plays were made possible by great QB's maintaining their poise in extreme pressure situations with time running out. Stepping up in do or die games is what separates players especially QB's. Joe Montana wouldn't be looked at in the same light he is today had he not performed at the level he did during the postseason. It's what he accomplished in do or die games and the manner in which he did it that has him ranked by many as the greatest QB to ever play the game.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I know you will hate me but in our 2011 Superbowl run, Eli had an NFL record 4th quarter comeback wins.

It is not about regular season or post season. It is about delivering big games. Eli and Romo had their fair chances.

Eli delivered most of the time, and Romo didn't. That's why even though Romo is the better passer, Eli will go down as the better QB when it is 20-30 years from today.

You nailed it it's about delivering in the big games some of which have been late regular season games and that's what seperates Eli from Romo. All Cowboy FANS (homers) and the Romosexuals do is judge the 2 QB's purely off their regular season numbers and career passer rating because their playoff records clearly favor Eli.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
No disputing that...period. But if you like KJJ's picture he painted it is not a full picture without the entire scope of Eli's runs. If you can take a long look in the mirror as a Giants fan you must admit this. Eli was the benefit of one of the greatest defensive runs in NFL history. Combining both Super Bowl runs your defense gave up an average of only 15 points per game. There are some incredible stats about QB's who win and lose playoff games based on points allowed. (See a guy here named Percy - he will blow you away).

You must also add to Eli's resume the dropped pick six by Terrance Newman in the first Super Bowl run against the Cowboys late in the game that would've ended the Giants season. You can then add the drop by Rodney Harrison that would've ended the Super Bowl. And you can then add the three passes in the NFC Championship game against the 49ers that were so poorly thrown TWO defenders knocked each other off the ball on each throw.

Colin Cowherd, whenever he discusses Eli always states he is the combination of good AND fortunate, more so than any multiple Super Bowl winning QB in NFL history and he is right. The defense and the throws are not disputed nor are the results. The Giants won the games.

BTW - I've never gotten the whole 'like ' thing. Seems kind of vain to me. But - I was fair with you so if you like the truth, you will "like" this post - I guess.

This post is pure gold...pure gold!

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score

That was good, bro. Lot's of truth in this post.

perrykemp

Reaction score

You need to stop Shunpike, you are starting to make a lot of people feel bad with these kinds of reasoned responses.

;)

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No disputing that...period. But if you like KJJ's picture he painted it is not a full picture without the entire scope of Eli's runs. If you can take a long look in the mirror as a Giants fan you must admit this. Eli was the benefit of one of the greatest defensive runs in NFL history. Combining both Super Bowl runs your defense gave up an average of only 15 points per game.

Those defensive runs were partially due to Eli stepping his game up during the postseason and not turning the ball over. One of the reasons the Giants defense only gave up an average of 15 points during those SB runs is they weren't having to defend Eli's repeated turnovers during the playoffs. In Eli's 8 playoff wins that led to both his championships he only committed 2 turnovers compared to 47 turnovers during the regular season. A QB not putting their defense on the field repeatedly due to multiple turnovers or leaving them to defend a short field helps a defense.

A QB playing steady and moving the offense helps keep a defense fresh. In Eli's 3 playoff losses he committed 6 turnovers which resulted in the defense giving up 23 points per loss and the Giants offense scoring a grand total of only 31 points. When you're giving the opponent extra scoring opportunities it puts a strain on your defense.