E-Lie Throws Another League Leading INT - Now 11 More Than Romo

Wayne02

Reaction score
And yet again you feel the need to bring up players that are irrelevant to this discussion about Eli and tony.

2 Super Bowl MVPs beats 1 playoff win. That's the bottom line. And that's all that's going to matter in ten years when we look back on it.

He can't deal with the truth and the facts, so he has to use a straw man argument to try and justify his moronic position.

slomoxn

Reaction score
I'm a little older than some in here I assume, I come from a time of the 1st place team gets a trophy, if you lose a fight you lick your wounds and come back another day, (not with a gun... ), no one got their feeling hurt because someone called them a name, the military didn't have time out in BOOTCAMP! In other words when 8-8 in Dallas was shameful, at least nothing to be happy about. Danny White is Romo 30 years ago, we loved him and he got us further than Tony did, looking back though he is an afterthought and he had a whole lot of records he broke too. Romo is good, maybe great and in ten years he'll be less than Danny White... Get mad, sad, or glad it's not me that will make it happen. That's just the way it is... Unless he wins the Super Bowl then this all changes. Lol

mrmojo

Reaction score
I'm a little older than some in here I assume, I come from a time of the 1st place team gets a trophy, if you lose a fight you lick your wounds and come back another day, (not with a gun... ), no one got their feeling hurt because someone called them a name, the military didn't have time out in BOOTCAMP! In other words when 8-8 in Dallas was shameful, at least nothing to be happy about. Danny White is Romo 30 years ago, we loved him and he got us further than Tony did, looking back though he is an afterthought and he had a whole lot of records he broke too. Romo is good, maybe great and in ten years he'll be less than Danny White... Get mad, sad, or glad it's not me that will make it happen. That's just the way it is... Unless he wins the Super Bowl then this all changes. Lol
Danny had all the Cowboy records at one time too and he actually was clutch is some playoff games. But the reason they play the game (sorry Herm Edwards) is to win a championship, and that journey is not an easy one....so I dont discredit any QB or team that has accomplished that.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Your entire position rests on your bias for Tony Romo and obsessive hatred for Eli Manning. Your inability to look at both QB's objectively weakens any position you have and has resulted in a never ending obsession by you to tear Eli's game down every few weeks while raising Romo's to a level he has yet to reach. The only players relevant to this argument are QB's because they influence the outcome of games more than any player on the field especially in this era where QB's are throwing the ball more than ever before. Bringing Timmy Smith who last played in the NFL 23 years ago into an argument about 2 QB's playing today is beyond ridiculous. He was a below average RB who played only 3 years and had only 8 career starts and you're using him as an example to bash Eli? LOL You need to come back to this era where it's now a pass happy league dominated by QB's. You can't bring "every player" who has a ring into an argument about QB's especially players who played in different era's. Every player doesn't impact a game like a QB impacts todays game. QB's are judged on consistency over a period of years and on how they perform in the most critical games and during the postseason. You're saying my position rests on a ring when in fact it rests on TWO rings which means Eli validated his first ring with a second one. My position rests on his 2 championships, 2 SB MVP awards and his 8-3 playoff record.

My position is predicated on the fact that Eli and Romo face each other twice a year and Eli has gotten the better of him in the only 2 elimination games they faced each other in. Both wins led to Eli's 2 championships. Head to head battles count for a lot when comparing QB's especially when they play in the same division. Eli has won 7 more playoff games than Romo which is almost double the amount of playoff games Romo has appeared in. Eli has more SB wins than Romo has playoff wins. What Eli has accomplished during the postseason easily trumps everything Romo has accomplished during the regular season. Not only has Eli won 2 SB's but he won them against a great team that had won 3 prior SB's. He faced off against a great team and one of the greatest QB's to ever play the game in Tom Brady and outplayed him. Out dueling Brady in 2 SB's along with Aaron Rodgers the league MVP during the playoffs in 2011 puts some huge skins on Eli's wall. SB rings are what it's all about and they've put several QB's in the HOF. Even Romo has acknowledged it's not about stats it's about championships.

SB rings and last ditch drives to win big games has Joe Montana considered by many the greatest QB to ever play the game. Only 2 QB's Montana and Eli have driven their teams down the field on last ditch drives to win a SB and Eli has done it twice. It's become so sad amongst Cowboy FANS like yourself that they're defending Romo by putting more importance on regular season numbers than they are on winning playoff games and championships. Some Cowboy FANS are so caught up with stats they have Romo ranked ahead of Staubach and Aikman who've combined for 5 SB championships simply because Romo has better regular season numbers and a higher career passer rating. :rolleyes: Carry on and continue exposing your Eli agenda along with your Romosexuality and claiming that some of us who don't see things your way are really Giants fans that are just parading around as Cowboy fans.

You can spin it however you want. It doesnt change a thing. When you use the "ring" as your primary excuse to praise E-Lie in post after post, thread after thread, month after month, its obvious what you use in vain attempt after vain attempt to elevate E-Lie to some imaginary elite level. As you always do when you get kicked to the curb you have to tweak and change your support ammo for your statements so you came up with "elimination" games, and "spotlight" games, and "win or go home " games. You even came up with some yarn about Romo knowing that more viewers are watching in big TV games and that causes him to choke in some sense. :eek: Now, after months of arguing the "ring" factor to support your E-Lie love, and when other players with "rings" are mentioned to show the deficiency in your premise, you change it to only QB's with a "ring" can be considered. As if the other 52 guys on the team with a ring didnt do anything to contribute to the win. Now as you continue to dig your hole deeper and wider, you have compared E-Lie to Joe Montana as if the 2 QB's are somehow equal.

E-Lie is the 2nd Coming of Joe Montana?
tumblr_inline_mjtx8yIg7n1qz4rgp.gif

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
SB rings and last ditch drives to win big games has Joe Montana considered by many the greatest QB to ever play the game. Only 2 QB's Montana and Eli have driven their teams down the field on last ditch drives to win a SB and Eli has done it twice.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
SB rings and last ditch drives to win big games has Joe Montana considered by many the greatest QB to ever play the game. Only 2 QB's Montana and Eli have driven their teams down the field on last ditch drives to win a SB and Eli has done it twice. .

You just cant make this stuff up. It gets better and better.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You even came up with some yarn about Romo knowing that more viewers are watching in big TV games and that causes him to choke in some sense.

I never said that, that's just another one of your spins. LOL

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
The only 2 QB's in the extra elite group. Only 2!

boomer-joe-montana.jpg
http://t2.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwAdtF8lMuNZWn9bTfgMuama8OOQ-WNB9l-G_2OXwJtEUtPP5h

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
I never said that, that's just another one of your spins. LOL

Dude, when it comes to picking your posts apart no spin is needed. You set yourself up for it big time. You said it and you know you said it. Others know you said it. So now you willingly put your perceived credibility on the line with denying what you posted. Classic.

What will you deny next - that you put E-Lie on Joe Montana's level?

1369942110791-obama_laughing.jpg
desperation.jpg

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dude, when it comes to picking your posts apart no spin is needed. You set yourself up for it big time. You said it and you know you said it. Others know you said it. So now you willingly put your perceived credibility on the line with denying what you posted. Classic.

Post the link to my post and prove I said "exactly" what you claim I said. Put up or shut up! :D

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Post the link to my post and prove I said "exactly" what you claim I said. Put up or shut up! :D

I dont need to prove anything. You said it, its out there. You dont remember? It was pretty ridiculous. Maybe you were in an altered state of mind when you typed that?

Ask a mod, maybe one of them will go delete it for you, or let you make a change to that post.

http://t0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfuXIsMuW55eUjPY8WG4EZlUMeljyrQXXea4w2j_K1ZCy1kzzJ

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I dont need to prove anything. You said it, its out there. You dont remember? It was pretty ridiculous. Maybe you were in an altered state of mind when you typed that?

Ask a mod, maybe one of them will go delete it for you, or let you make a change to that post.

Dude when someone says they don't need to prove anything what they're saying is they don't have any proof. LOL Why don't you just admit you can't prove it just like you can't prove anything you've claimed I've said because you made it up. Every time I challenge you to provide a link to a comment you insist I made you make excuses because you twisted what I said. Once again you've been exposed. Game-set-match!

tyke1doe

Reaction score
SB rings and last ditch drives to win big games has Joe Montana considered by many the greatest QB to ever play the game. Only 2 QB's Montana and Eli have driven their teams down the field on last ditch drives to win a SB and Eli has done it twice.

Add Big Ben to that list, and John Elway and Tom Brady (twice).

CowboyFan4Eva

Reaction score
Danny had all the Cowboy records at one time too and he actually was clutch is some playoff games. But the reason they play the game (sorry Herm Edwards) is to win a championship, and that journey is not an easy one....so I dont discredit any QB or team that has accomplished that.

"No Danny, no!!!!!!!"

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Dude when someone says they don't need to prove anything what they're saying is they don't have any proof. LOL Why don't you just admit you can't prove it just like you can't prove anything you've claimed I've said because you made it up. Every time I challenge you to provide a link to a comment you insist I made you make excuses because you twisted what I said. Once again you've been exposed.

Prove you didnt say it. I dont need to prove anything you've posted. Its there. Just like I dont need to prove somebody said we can all keep out health insurance if we like it. Its out there. Once its out, you cant take it back.

You keep talking about me being exposed but its never happened. Not once. Not by you or anyone. There is nothing to be exposed.

You on the other hand:
-Have now gotten so desperate you have elevated E-Lie to Joe Montana status. This may be your best yet. How many "support pms" will you get for this one? Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha
-Have labeled all kinds of regular season games to support your infatuation with E-Lie's performances in the select games you wish to use to support your crumbling argument and to deny his bonehead play in other "less significant" games.
-Have constantly denied what you've posted. Whats going on - somebody else logging in with your username and posting for you?