Eagles and Suh?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Well if it’s about coverage then they shouldn’t have signed Leonard then.
Or, and this may be a stretch, there are teams that know more about running an NFL franchise than you do. Probably not. But some may think they do. They’re really dumb. They should just do what you tell them to do.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Dumb.

We've won 12 games the past two seasons before elimination by one of the best teams in the game.

No we may not reach the top, and we're all frustrated.

But stop with the woe is me too. We are head & shoulders better than 90% of the NFL.
It’s not woe is me at all. We’re a fun, entertaining, top 5 team. Damn impressive, and I’m enjoying every game, I’m just realistic that we’re not ready for that last step. Yet.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Nah this is dumb.

Signing a bunch of has-beens in November and December doesn't mean they're more persistent lmao
This isn’t about those two, as I said. They just never give up on anything that improves them. Shaq is better than the scrubs they have now.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
They already have 3 excellent DTs, right? Why would they want another one?

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
Well if it’s about coverage then they shouldn’t have signed Leonard then.
What other options are there? He’s better than what they have… Certainly not worth the media hype though… When I heard that he signed with them , I was like OK… So what?

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
They already have 3 excellent DTs, right? Why would they want another one?
Yeah, I don’t think they do… Their fourth DT is pretty good as well… Milton Williams. He played great in the Chiefs game.

Suh siding with them seems to be more media speculation than reality

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
So.......why is Suh still available in December two years in a row if he's such a big difference maker at this point in his career?

The Eagles got to the Super Bowl last year. On the list of reasons why, Suh probably ranks somewhere between their third string nickel back and their cheerleaders.
He’s not stupid. He’s a mercenary. He avoids training camp and joins a contending team late in the season.
You have no idea what kind of impact he will have!

tomokawan

Reaction score
Yeah but the 49ers didn't have a hole in their run game. They had a solid running game. That's not what I'm saying. You can improve a strength. What I'm saying is if your team sucks against the run and your linebackers suck? There's no trade to fix that mid season. Just isn't. 49ers traded for McCaffery and they ran the ball well prior to it. Nobody considered their run game a weakness.
I see your point. I agree.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
This isn’t about those two, as I said. They just never give up on anything that improves them. Shaq is better than the scrubs they have now.
Yes it is about those two.

It's Leonard, Byard, Suh, Quinn, Julio etc. They're just signing names and people think it's some brilliant GM work. They get nothing from these guys.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Or, and this may be a stretch, there are teams that know more about running an NFL franchise than you do. Probably not. But some may think they do. They’re really dumb. They should just do what you tell them to do.
Do what I say do? I didn’t say he couldn’t play the Colts did. You know an actual NFL franchise…it’s funny though….NFL franchises said Paxton Lynch was better than Dak….Tom Brady wasn’t good enough to get drafted until the 6th round…or that Brock Purdy sucks so bad he’s picked last. Yeah I suppose you are right NFL franchises are never wrong lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Byard has looked average. Leonard has back problems and Julio is done. Yup all these great signings. Cmon man they are desperate and come Sunday we are going to lay a whipping on them. Dallas by 17!!
That’s the thing….people crown them for these signings but never revisit them when they fail lol.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Yes it is about those two.

It's Leonard, Byard, Suh, Quinn, Julio etc. They're just signing names and people think it's some brilliant GM work. They get nothing from these guys.
Maybe so, and for me it ISN’T about these guys. It’s about their never ending attempt to get better. They worked a trade to get a top pick this year, and used it to bolster their already strong interior DL and prepare the the post-Cox era. They also have a second round pick next year from that same trade. They had a weakness at WR and got AJ Brown, a top receiver and not just a name.

We say those same words, but don’t follow through in any real way other than signing our own and bring mid to lower tier players, albeit at nice deals typically.

That said, do you think Shaq isn’t better than their current LBs?

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Maybe so, and for me it ISN’T about these guys. It’s about their never ending attempt to get better. They worked a trade to get a top pick this year, and used it to bolster their already strong interior DL and prepare the the post-Cox era. They also have a second round pick next year from that same trade. They had a weakness at WR and got AJ Brown, a top receiver and not just a name.

We say those same words, but don’t follow through in any real way other than signing our own and bring mid to lower tier players, albeit at nice deals typically.

That said, do you think Shaq isn’t better than their current LBs?
Yes, it is about those guys. Every team is always trying to get better. Juts adding a bunch of bad players doesn't mean anything.

Trading for AJ Brown because they screwed up the Reagor pick doesn't mean anything.

Maybe he is. Doesn't matter. He's a maybe an average player at a non-premium position. Makes no difference to wins and losses at the end of the day.