Twitter: Eagles and Texans trade talks heating up for Watson

Sydla

Reaction score
Watson and Philly would be a perfect marriage.
He would not object to being traded to the dirty birds.

Actually there had been some rumors up here that yes, in fact, it might be tough to get him to waive his NTC for Philly. He apparently would prefer to remain down south, such as Miami or possibly even New Orleans.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
various:
Watson's no trade clause means any team has to be pre-approved by him.

Doing a trade right now is very difficult and unlikely as:
1. You have an on going investigation which is extremely likely to bare some fruit. 4-6 games would be the best possible result I can imagine. He's getting that much just for bad press.
2. A trade now mid TC is tough to make sense of for this season. That's why AR just folded his demands and reported 2 weeks ago.
3. There is a lot of money to cover in this size contract which is hard to do this long after the new year rolls over.
4. No one knows the value of the draft picks attached for 2022 yet. HOU has done stupid trades but switched GMs to avoid more. Their best bet may well be to suck this year and get a top pick of their own plus leverage a top 5 pick out of someone for Watson. And they would definitely want it to be top 10. If Hurts is the QB they receive he hasn't played enough to show a real value. You'd be better off seeing him for another season.

Watson is a rare, franchise talent. BUT, Eagles have a very cheap kid QB with a lot of upside right now and cap space issues.
Watson's money fits much better in 12 months than it does now.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Actually there had been some rumors up here that yes, in fact, it might be tough to get him to waive his NTC for Philly. He apparently would prefer to remain down south, such as Miami or possibly even New Orleans.

So Watson is dealing with sexual assault charges and wants to nitpick where he gets traded to?

Damn that is some audacity.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
So Watson is dealing with sexual assault charges and wants to nitpick where he gets traded to?

Damn that is some audacity.
It's what his contract allows. He is fully guaranteed every cent this season and next.
He has given the Texans a list of preferred destinations. Denver and Miami were on that list.
Realistically, Watson will get suspended and maybe as much as a year but that doesn't mean he wants to tie himself to a franchise he feels is poorly coaches or poorly run.
He had that experience in Houston.
The Eagles just hired a pizza boy as coach and ruined the career of a franchise QB prospect by going YOLO for a Super Bowl.

HungryLion

Reaction score
It's what his contract allows. He is fully guaranteed every cent this season and next.
He has given the Texans a list of preferred destinations. Denver and Miami were on that list.
Realistically, Watson will get suspended and maybe as much as a year but that doesn't mean he wants to tie himself to a franchise he feels is poorly coaches or poorly run.
He had that experience in Houston.
The Eagles just hired a pizza boy as coach and ruined the career of a franchise QB prospect by going YOLO for a Super Bowl.

I understand it’s what his contract allows.

It still doesn’t make the accused rapist any less audacious for not reading the room and wanting to force a trade and then nitpick where he gets traded to, while his case is about to be seen by a grand jury.

Especially when the Texans could tell him to get boned and either play for them or sit out if they wanted to.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Unless he's not guilty. Which is not proven as yet, only he really knows...

He’s also the one forcing a trade…….. the Texans aren’t trading him because they wanted to. He is the one requesting a trade…… and now he is nitpicking the exact spot.

Like I said. Audacious.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
ProFootballTalk
@ProFootballTalk
·
3h
Source says contrary to a report that trade talks between Eagles and Texans for Deshaun Watson are "heating up," they are not.

Creeper

Reaction score
There is a lot we do not know about the charges against Watson. We have allegations from 22 women, which sound very similar. We also have statements from 20 women claiming they never felt uncomfortable around him when they were giving him massages. I am very curious to see how the NFL handles this. Zeke got a 6 game suspension despite a very weak case against him and the allegations of only 1 woman. Even the lead investigator hired by the NFL did not think Zeke was guilty, but Goodell overruled her. Every allegation against Watson is a he said - she said. All the incidents took place in private and there are no witnesses that we know of. The worst evidence against Watson are the Instagram messages, and the stories of all 22 women are the same. He hired them on Instagram to give him a massage. In some cases flying them to Houston at h is expense. When they got there he got a little aggressive and in some cases exposed himself or tried to convince the women to have sex with him. and in others he supposedly assaulted them. In once case he allegedly forced the therapist to perform oral sex on him. All 22 women have filed civil suits. I have no idea how much money is involved.

When Zeke was accused the NFL was coming off the Ray Rice situation and I think they felt compelled to do something harsh to Elliott. That seems to have worn off a little now as the NFL's focus has shifted from #MeToo to racial injustice. I am not going to predict anything here but I would not be shocked if Goodell gives Watson a slap on the wrist. Maybe he even tipped his cards to the Eagles a bit. But the Eagles are not going to give up even 1 first round pick for a guy who could be suspended for any length of time. Even the Eagles are not that stupid.

I will say based on what I know if the charges, something is not right here. Hiring message therapists on Instagram? Flying them to Houston at his own expense? All young women? Are they all attractive? I thought people who get massages for therapeutic reasons find a good one and call that person all the time, and it could be a man or a woman. This definitely look more like Watson was not so interested in the massage and more interesting in a happy ending.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
giphy-downsized.gif

Sydla

Reaction score
There is a lot we do not know about the charges against Watson. We have allegations from 22 women, which sound very similar. We also have statements from 20 women claiming they never felt uncomfortable around him when they were giving him massages. I am very curious to see how the NFL handles this. Zeke got a 6 game suspension despite a very weak case against him and the allegations of only 1 woman. Even the lead investigator hired by the NFL did not think Zeke was guilty, but Goodell overruled her. Every allegation against Watson is a he said - she said. All the incidents took place in private and there are no witnesses that we know of. The worst evidence against Watson are the Instagram messages, and the stories of all 22 women are the same. He hired them on Instagram to give him a massage. In some cases flying them to Houston at h is expense. When they got there he got a little aggressive and in some cases exposed himself or tried to convince the women to have sex with him. and in others he supposedly assaulted them. In once case he allegedly forced the therapist to perform oral sex on him. All 22 women have filed civil suits. I have no idea how much money is involved.

When Zeke was accused the NFL was coming off the Ray Rice situation and I think they felt compelled to do something harsh to Elliott. That seems to have worn off a little now as the NFL's focus has shifted from #MeToo to racial injustice. I am not going to predict anything here but I would not be shocked if Goodell gives Watson a slap on the wrist. Maybe he even tipped his cards to the Eagles a bit. But the Eagles are not going to give up even 1 first round pick for a guy who could be suspended for any length of time. Even the Eagles are not that stupid.

I will say based on what I know if the charges, something is not right here. Hiring message therapists on Instagram? Flying them to Houston at his own expense? All young women? Are they all attractive? I thought people who get massages for therapeutic reasons find a good one and call that person all the time, and it could be a man or a woman. This definitely look more like Watson was not so interested in the massage and more interesting in a happy ending.

One thing to note, there are actually 24 accusations total. There are two others that have just filed criminal complaints against him but have not joined the 22 in suing Watson personally.

Sydla

Reaction score
We just renegotiated a bunch of people yesterday to get 16m$ under the salary cap. Deshaun’s 2021 hit is 15.9m

Again, gonna be awesome watching Philly fans twist themselves into a tizzy as to why Watson is really a decent dude that they have to rally behind. He'll do a couple of hospital visits to meet some kids and some other PR and Eagles fans will lap it up and go on laughing at other teams who apparently cater to low lifes and dipshits.

Hahahaha.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Again, gonna be awesome watching Philly fans twist themselves into a tizzy as to why Watson is really a decent dude that they have to rally behind. He'll do a couple of hospital visits to meet some kids and some other PR and Eagles fans will lap it up and go on laughing at other teams who apparently cater to low lifes and dipshits.

Hahahaha.

He ruined his rep in Texas; and then became a saint in Pennsylvania. I like it!