Eagles Don't Win Games. They Survive Games

Vanilla2

Reaction score
As I said last week. Philly doesn’t make mistakes. The same crucial ones we made at the end when we played them, they avoid. They can be beat, but it will take the others team best game. They just plod along and avoid making mistakes and eventually come back.
Or when they do the ball bounces their way. Been lucky with that all season. Makes them even harder to beat

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe the Eagles are just bored. They know they are better than any other team in the league and only turn it on when they have to. Is it coincidence that they need a score and they march down the field and get it? To beat the Eagles a team needs to stop that offense when they Eagles need a score to tie or win or score on them with no time remaining for them to make a comeback. So far only the Jets have been able to manage that. Dallas could have done it but when they got close the fell apart.

When they get going, no one seems to be able to stop them. The Tush Push play is like a symbol of who they are. When they get it in gear they can shove anyone else out of the way with ease.

This could be their year to win it all.
Lol! They'd rather be lucky than good. They have plenty of wholes

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They do enough to win games. The Jets game was the one Hurts injured his knee in otherwise, they are likely undefeated. The goal of the regular season is to make the playoffs with the best seed possible………… not wipe the floor with the leagues doormats and run up stats that give a false sense of invincibility.

GrouchySmurf

Reaction score
It also helps when most of your formidable opponents have to come to your house and play. (Dolphins, Boys, 9ers, Bills)

They get some help, but a win is a win.

tomokawan

Reaction score
As I said last week. Philly doesn’t make mistakes. The same crucial ones we made at the end when we played them, they avoid. They can be beat, but it will take the others team best game. They just plod along and avoid making mistakes and eventually come back.
I would say it is alot of luck. You need that to win sometimes. I have never seen in my many years of watching football a team as lucky as the Eagles. Penalties are not called against them, other teams players seem to drop critical easy passes that would have put a stake through those Vampires. Also, you have to give it up for Hurts, he did what Dak has not done, score on the last drive to win games. If hurts was the QB on that last drive in Philly, they would have won. Hurts is clutch this year. We were on the six yard line and did not score. That would never happen to Philly. Teams that play Philly cannot settle for field goals or go conservative like the Andy Reid punt from the Philly 39, or Buffalo settling for a field goal in overtime. You have to be agressive against them. They can be beat, but right now, they are winning. And that is all that matters in scheme of things.

ESisback

Reaction score
A catch and fumble ruled incomplete. Most of us KNOW the call had that been Buffalo’s WR…

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
When I look at teams standings I see 3 columns. Winning, Losing, Tie. Whatever the eagles are doing continues to pile up numbers in the winning column. Call it whatever you want, but reality says they are winning games. They are beatable on paper but apparently that is harder to do on the field. Cowboys will beat them in a few weeks but 1st need to take care of seattle.

Toro9

Reaction score
It's a champion spirit. Rocky goes the distance with Apollo.
"Man, I won but I didn't beat him!"

Cydios

Reaction score
Win Survive.. whatever works. I'm hoping the eagles are like the 2007 Dallas Cowboys and we're the Giants of that year.

quickccc

Reaction score
If we can survive games by winning it .. what would work cool with me too.

;)

mooseman

Reaction score
For the last 2 years , there schedule seems to be very forgiving.
I thought the better your record the previousseason, the harder your schedule is supposed to be ?

Hardline

Reaction score
I love seeing all of you trying to qualify the Eagles success. They are a damn good team.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Luck will run out don't be surprised if they make an exit early in the Playoffs. They can't sustain luck for the entire year, and sooner or later they will pay for being really an average team. Secondary is crap and not a Super bowl contender whatsoever.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They make plenty of mistakes, they just don’t get penalized for them