Eagles FO embarrassing ours

Sydla

Reaction score
they are active but I dont think they are any better.

They have to make all these moves because they drafted poorly. Dallas is a home grown team and Philly is filling in gaps where they missed in the draft. WR, RB, S, CB.

They are a good team and the games will be a challenge.

I dont think Dallas will lay down for them.

Ummmm............. have you seen the holes on our defense?

The difference is the Eagles saw the holes they had and decided to try to put actually quality, young players in there through trades - Jernigan at DT and Darby at CB. They also took on some vets on very team friendly deals........... Jeffrey, Patrick Robinson..........

Our approach was that while we have holes, we can fix them by signing the Nolan Carrolls and Stephen Paea's of the world and then hope draft picks grow up really quick and fill holes as well. That's a silly approach IMO to a team coming off a 13-3 season and was one play from probably being in the NFC Title game.

People acting like the Eagles just pulled a Giants and blew $200MM on FAs haven't really been paying attention to them recently. They have quite a bit of young talent.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yes i hope they do something to help the middle of this defense. but the lack of aggressiveness started in the offseason. they didn't even have to break the bank to make slight improvements to the team. a guy like zach brown who i mentioned in the offseason would have really helped this team. the bills were basically having a fire sale in the preseason and we didn't budge.

And every choice they made was wrong. Not only who they signed, but who they didn't sign.

I don't want to see any trades made today in some desperate, 11th hour attempt to salvage their mistakes by making another one.

The last time they did that, we got WR Roy Williams.

No thanks.

Take your lumps and learn some lessons.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
yes i hope they do something to help the middle of this defense. but the lack of aggressiveness started in the offseason. they didn't even have to break the bank to make slight improvements to the team. a guy like zach brown who i mentioned in the offseason would have really helped this team. the bills were basically having a fire sale in the preseason and we didn't budge.

there have been a number of linebackers who have signed where I was like well he could have helped. I feel like this defense needs a physical upgrade. We need a thumper.

it kind of drives me crazy that they will be so over aggressive with guys like hardy and mcclain but then have not interest in guys who have no issues.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Ummmm............. have you seen the holes on our defense?

The difference is the Eagles saw the holes they had and decided to try to put actually quality, young players in there through trades - Jernigan at DT and Darby at CB. They also took on some vets on very team friendly deals........... Jeffrey, Patrick Robinson..........

Our approach was that while we have holes, we can fix them by signing the Nolan Carrolls and Stephen Paea's of the world and then hope draft picks grow up really quick and fill holes as well. That's a silly approach IMO to a team coming off a 13-3 season and was one play from probably being in the NFC Title game.

People acting like the Eagles just pulled a Giants and blew $200MM on FAs haven't really been paying attention to them recently. They have quite a bit of young talent.

I dont think that is the approach, the approach is draft guys, develop them and and then sign them. They sign fringe players to not take money away from those home grown guys.

I think as they gain cap space going forward they will probably be aggressive with defensive lineman.

the eagles have a great group right now but a lot of guys are not signed long term and they need to find a left tackle going forward.

there is so much football left and nothing is over.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL, no, he's not.

Six good defenses the next six weeks. These aren't the crappy Packers defenses.

Every opportunity to step forward here.
Dak has not been the problem, though. He has led us to 30+ points in consecutive games. If the defense doesn't step up, we will fail and you know it. Pretending like it's Dak just makes you lose all credibility.

Sydla

Reaction score
Fans want to have hope on here that this team can catch up to Philly and win the division. Nope we aren't allowed to do that to those on this board giving the Eagles all of the praise. Yet still are suppose to give the Eagles all of the credit in the world and the Cowboys none at all.

Homers because some don't agree that the division is Philly's already.

Homers because many of you seem incapable of admitting that the front office really, really failed this team this offseason. Homers because some struggle at admit that right now, Philly looks like the much better team (largely because they have a real defense and we don't).

If you want to think Dak is every bit as good as Wentz. Have at it. I am not far from that opinion. If you want to think our offense is better than theirs, no argument from me.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I dont think that is the approach, the approach is draft guys, develop them and and then sign them. They sign fringe players to not take money away from those home grown guys.

I think as they gain cap space going forward they will probably be aggressive with defensive lineman.

the eagles have a great group right now but a lot of guys are not signed long term and they need to find a left tackle going forward.

I think they have their left tackle in Lane Johnson. It's only a matter of when they decide to move him over there.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Trades for Wentz, Darby, Ajayi. FA signings like Jeffrey and T Smith. Meanwhile, we sign Paea and Nolan Carroll and make no trades. And reach for guys like Taco...

How much did they pay Blount? Not much but he sucks -Bad acquisition.

Torey Smith 5mill a year for 5 games wwith 0-1 catch

Alshon - 14 million for pace of 800 yards receiving

Wentz - our fanbase would have gone crazy if we had traded up from 4 to 2 and given the Browns the 4th pick and the next years 1st. Yet we took Zeke and got Dak in the 4th....

ICP

Reaction score
The difference here is that the Eagles actually have a chance to make some noise this year so why not make some moves.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
We put our “aggressiveness” in having 5 studs on OL. Having the most dominant position group in the league takes away from being able to do stuff elsewhere

Sydla

Reaction score

And that's probably a great approach if you are a team floundering in the middle of a conference and on a clear rebuild.

We were 13-3 last year. We were some tweaks away from again being a dominant team this year (granted Elliott messes that up). No, don't go out and get stupid in FA, but the idea that the best approach for them was to just sign drek and not get better that way and hope they can nail another draft was foolish.

PS - The Eagles have their LT of the future. They drafted Johnson to move there when Peters was done. They will likely make the move this offseason.

mcmvp

Reaction score

Wentz - our fanbase would have gone crazy if we had traded up from 4 to 2 and given the Browns the 4th pick and the next years 1st. Yet we took Zeke and got Dak in the 4th....

Blount's deal is worth a maximum of $2.8 million, including up to $1.55 million in incentives (not a lot)

Smith has been a disappointment so far

Jeffery brings more to the table than just production numbers. He attracts more safety help than they had at the position in the past...which opens things up for others like Ertz.

Sydla

Reaction score

How could one complain about trading up to get a franchise QB? And further, I don't think many would complain if we traded up to get our franchise QB and then turned around and got our first rounder back when we traded one of our roster QBs.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
But every team doesn't have the same cap situation. Not saying the Cowboys should stand pat, just that fans don't always factor in big picture.
I believe most fans know all about the cap picture and how it has impinged the team's ability to sign free agents.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
And that's probably a great approach if you are a team floundering in the middle of a conference and on a clear rebuild.

We were 13-3 last year. We were some tweaks away from again being a dominant team this year (granted Elliott messes that up). No, don't go out and get stupid in FA, but the idea that the best approach for them was to just sign drek and not get better that way and hope they can nail another draft was foolish.

PS - The Eagles have their LT of the future. They drafted Johnson to move there when Peters was done. They will likely make the move this offseason.

yes johnson seemingly will be the lt.

Dallas was 13-3 in part because of the strategy of sticking to home grown players. So its what they do, its what GB does and Pittsburgh. This is the model they use.

The giants, saints, skins etc are going to sign a ton of free agents and have older players. That is how they operate. Dallas does not anymore.

and for the record I would like to see us aggressive today and in the offseason defensively. We need a more physical nature on defense.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Homers because many of you seem incapable of admitting that the front office really, really failed this team this offseason. Homers because some struggle at admit that right now, Philly looks like the much better team (largely because they have a real defense and we don't).

If you want to think Dak is every bit as good as Wentz. Have at it. I am not far from that opinion. If you want to think our offense is better than theirs, no argument from me.

Good post and that's where I'm at. I think our offence is better (we'll see how it is w/o Zeke, though). I'm hoping we can close the gap on defense now that they lost Hicks and we have Lee back (we are 18 PPG with Lee and they were 19 PPG with Hicks). Their O is going to take a big hit with the loss of Peters too.