Eagles FO embarrassing ours

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
It was said early in FA we "had interest" but never got beyond that. We had interest in a lot of players according to the media that we never really wanted to sign. Most likely, if they did have interest, they probably low balled him to the point that in reality, they weren't all that interested in him.

Which probably highlights more of their flaw in FA. They set a price for a spot they want to fill and then just shove anyone in there that comes under that limit.

So if they wanted an edge rusher, they probably only wanted to spend $3MM. When Peppers was clearly going to cost more, they stopped having interest. It's why it's laughable to suggest the Cowboys have interest in guys.
Dallas has "interest" in everyone.

It is a tool agents use and rarely do you see the Cowboys actually actively involved when all is said and done.

mcmvp

Reaction score
Just my opinion, but Ajayi is much overrated. I saw him in person at Dolphins vs Jets last week while in Miami. The guy hits the ground the instant he is touched and not sure why. Monster game or two last year but nothing going on this year.

Sydla

Reaction score
Just my opinion, but Ajayi is mich overrated. I saw him in person at Dolphins vs Jets last week while in Miami. The guy hits the ground the instant he is touched and not sure why.

He might bomb. But for the Eagles, there is little risk here. They have three 4th round picks so why not use one to take a flier on a RB who might be able to help you this year, when you are running as the potential #1 NFC seed?

I think both teams made out well here. Miami had no intentions of Ajayi being there beyond his rookie deal and the Eagles gave up one of multiple 4th rounders to try to strike gold here on their stretch run.

Sydla

Reaction score
Dallas has "interest" in everyone.

It is a tool agents use and rarely do you see the Cowboys actually actively involved when all is said and done.

We agree.

I think the Cowboys absolutely would have brought Peppers in................. if he fit into their predetermined salary bucket for that position that offseason.

Of course he didn't (and anyone with a brain knew he's cost more) so therefore, in reality, we didn't have any real serious interest in him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys fans really are the same as Eagles fans. Rampant inferiority complex leading to the continued discussion of a team unrelated to ours

They'll make Ben pretty "related" in a few weeks, where they're rolling over the Cowboys.

And at season's end when they're winning the division and going to the playoffs while Dallas isn't.

It will be "related" then.

mcmvp

Reaction score
He might bomb. But for the Eagles, there is little risk here. They have three 4th round picks so why not use one to take a flier on a RB who might be able to help you this year, when you are running as the potential #1 NFC seed?

I think both teams made out well here. Miami had no intentions of Ajayi being there beyond his rookie deal and the Eagles gave up one of multiple 4th rounders to try to strike gold here on their stretch run.

Agreed

mcmvp

Reaction score
Kind of a silly stat.

How's those missed tackles working out for Blount this season? He's been fairly average save for one good game or so.

I'm the first to criticize PFF for subjective stats, so no real argument from me. But there is at least enough info to negate the opinion that he simply falls down by being touched. That is just silly.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You really arguing that the Eagles don't have a good defense? There is no comparison between what they have on defense this year and what we had on defense last year.
I'm talking about the double standard logic applied. The Cowboys are judged by so-called strength of schedule. The Eagles are not for whatever reason.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nope, but clearly you're happy about it. I mean, what would you ***** about if the shoe was on the other foot?

Who's the one *****ing here?

One person is giving credit where credit is due.

The other person is *****ing about people doing that.

I would do the exact same thing I did last year, give the Cowboys credit deserved for their great record.

Obviously, some people are incapable of doing that if it's not their team.

I know full well who's *****ing.

superonyx

Reaction score
You asked a question, I answered it. Nobody's fault but yours that you couldn't handle the answer. If it was rhetorical and you couldn't accept the truth, you should have been more specific.

Sure thing. You can't handle the realities of what's actually happening in the real world, and the other guy is the "strange fellow"...

:laugh:
There he is..
I tried to give you something you could use to get your need to argue out.
Feel better now?
Its always fun pushing your little buttons. Its the best when you start fighting with 10 different people at the same time and you lose tract of who said what. Then you really start getting weird on us.

btcutter

Reaction score
They've always beat us in the offseason just for their front office moves to fail. Ayaji is a good move if he contributes.

But yeah they traded a bunch of firsts for Wentz and we got Dak for a 4th rounder....who got embarrassed?

They were proactive and got their franchise QB. Honestly we won the lottery with Dak. Imagine if Dak didn't pan out....situation much worse. Eagles FO also manage to get rid of unwanted contracts such as Murray's who was a bad fit there and Bradford.

Our FO is managing the cap due to past errors but it has been so conservative that we are 100% depending on our draft picks to pan out.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There he is..
I tried to give you something you could use to get your need to argue out.
Feel better now?
Its always fun pushing your little buttons. Its the best when you start fighting with 10 different people at the same time and you lose tract of who said what. Then you really start getting weird on us.

So, you've got nothing relevant to add to the debate and have to resort to this nonsense again?

Got it.

You're out of your depth.

Sydla

Reaction score
They were proactive and got their franchise QB. Honestly we won the lottery with Dak. Imagine if Dak didn't pan out....situation much worse. Eagles FO also manage to get rid of unwanted contracts such as Murray's who was a bad fit there and Bradford.

Our FO is managing the cap due to past errors but it has been so conservative that we are 100% depending on our draft picks to pan out.

And the Eagles have somehow found a way to build the team they have despite being in cap hell as some people called it after Kelly threw money around like candy.

It is what it is. We have had the same GM in place for 20+ years and the results speak for themselves. The Eagles, at least right now, seem to have a more innovative, aggressive and creative front office than we do. They don't seem to have all the excuses for failures to improve that we do and hear from our front office.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Wentz also couldn't have panned and then what? You pulled a RG3 and wasted first round draft picks.

And they weren't any more proactive then we were. They had Sam Bradford...he wasn't in their long term plans.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And the Eagles have somehow found a way to build the team they have despite being in cap hell as some people called it after Kelly threw money around like candy.

It is what it is. We have had the same GM in place for 20+ years and the results speak for themselves. The Eagles, at least right now, seem to have a more innovative, aggressive and creative front office than we do. They don't seem to have all the excuses for failures to improve that we do and hear from our front office.

Once again, Eagirls have great offseason every year and it's resulted in what?