Eagles key free agents

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Not that Philly would do it but seeing as how they have the #10 and #32 picks this year, there is no saying they couldn't trade Hurts to a team that would overpay via draft picks thereby allowing Philly to draft a new starter so they could continue to build the team with an affordable QB on its roster.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Keep in mind that the Eagles also red shirted Dean at LB. Though he alone can't make up for what they may possibly lose in FA.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
Jordan Davis will make up for the loss of one of those Dts but it is a little bit of relief seeing this list. Howie won't let them suck for long

visionary

Reaction score
Stupid Cowboys fans hoping Howie doesn’t know he has a lot of FAs coming up

:facepalm:

birdwells1

Reaction score
Been saying this all season with people panicking that they will continue to dominate.

8 of 11 defensive starters are free agents. They have to sign Hurts soon as well. Kelce is likely gone (especially if they win) Seumalo is gone, so that hurts their OL.

They will win tonight then go back to average next season. Rebuild and be back in the Super Bowl in 2027
I'll take some of that please.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Why are we sitting around hoping that the Eagle come bak to us, instead of us getting better players to compete with them? Don't let the Joneses see that list, that will give them more ammo to just draft and sign their own.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
They are going to lose coaches also. The Eagles will be plundered this offseason. Anyone worried about them needs to chill.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Oddly that may be his floor.......A couple of outlets are placing Lamar Jackson's value at $52M and that's w/o a Super Bowl.
Its really just getting too crazy for QB's. Dak, Hurts, Jackson at 50 million? Out of control.

Teams would be better off trading away their top 10 QB, getting draft picks. Problem is Jerry on every level.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Its really just getting too crazy for QB's. Dak, Hurts, Jackson at 50 million? Out of control.

Teams would be better off trading away their top 10 QB, getting draft picks. Problem is Jerry on every level.
I think the problem is as it has always been .........NFL is making more money with new network contracts and they still have to share 49% with players. Look no further than the franchise tag to see teams are prioritizing QBs values over all other positions. The bottom line, STARTING NFL QBs getting 2nd contracts are getting paid big-time. Hell, within the next 2-3 years Mahomes's contract could be near the bottom ten.

lkelly

Reaction score
Soon? I'm 100% confident Hurts and his agent will force their hand THIS off-season and they should. I don't see him playing one down next season w/o new money.
Exactly. If I’m Hurts I don’t play another down until I get Watson money. Getting injured is definitely on the horizon for him and Philly doesn’t have another option. Perfect offseason to hold out.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
Been saying this all season with people panicking that they will continue to dominate.

8 of 11 defensive starters are free agents. They have to sign Hurts soon as well. Kelce is likely gone (especially if they win) Seumalo is gone, so that hurts their OL.

They will win tonight then go back to average next season. Rebuild and be back in the Super Bowl in 2027
It’s worth it

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Exactly. If I’m Hurts I don’t play another down until I get Watson money. Getting injured is definitely on the horizon for him and Philly doesn’t have another option. Perfect offseason to hold out.
+1....His value will never be higher. It's going to be a tricky contract for the Eagles since he's only done it for one year but the fact is he HAS done it. Is he the real deal or its talent around him? Hell, I would probably offer him a top-dollar short-term deal........something like $125M, 3 years, $90M guaranteed with an out after the 2nd year. This way, he's taken care of but they are protected if for some reason regresses.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Plus Hurts will be getting like $50 million per year. That will strap them as well. And for a non elite mediocre QB who needs a surrounding team and good coaching.
:muttley: No way Howie falls into this team trap as our drunken Jerry sailor did.
The Eagles win around a QB whos on a rookie deal.
Wouldn't surprise me if they drafted a QB in the upcoming draft.