Eagles release CB Darius Slay

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
i’m not so sure. roughly the same age, looking for more money, and the beneficiary of a stacked defense. plus if i’m not mistaken at one point he said he’d never play for the cowboys so if it’s *** me it’s *** you lol
I think Slay is the better player at this point in their careers.

Slay was considered a top-3 player at his position early in 2022

bottleKids

Reaction score
I think they were surprised they could keep Bradberry. Slay is declining and is not worth the big extension he apparently wanted. They got a little younger by proxy and really are not going to be able to make big moves this season and have a lot of dead cap. We just need to hope Gardner Johnson wants like 17 million a year putting the Eagles out of contention.

But also losing Hargrave is huge and will cause them to regress big time. Davis is a run stopper, not a QB rusher. Cox is old and not what he used to be if he would resign. Hopefully Carter does not fall to them... they love their OL / DT as we know over the years.....

The value DT where some teams (us) under value the position.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Im still surprised they couldn't find a market for him. I think that front 4 protected him and Bradberry, but he is still a good player
My guess is we got Gilmore levels of compensation, and it had to be more than that to justify not June 1sting him

jrumann59

Reaction score
If anything I'd move one of the older corners to fs, at least they tackle.
Very few CB are "successful" in a transition to safety. Different mind set. The really, really good ones that are students of the game could do it, whereas maybe gambling athletic CB might not make the transition as well.

Sydla

Reaction score
I think they were surprised they could keep Bradberry. Slay is declining and is not worth the big extension he apparently wanted. They got a little younger by proxy and really are not going to be able to make big moves this season and have a lot of dead cap. We just need to hope Gardner Johnson wants like 17 million a year putting the Eagles out of contention.

But also losing Hargrave is huge and will cause them to regress big time. Davis is a run stopper, not a QB rusher. Cox is old and not what he used to be if he would resign. Hopefully Carter does not fall to them... they love their OL / DT as we know over the years.....

The value DT where some teams (us) under value the position.
If they lose CJGJ, that's a really big blow. But it's been quiet on that front and Roseman may be shuffling the deck to try to bring him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.