Eagles show Cowboys how to pay top 5 avg salaries, yet still field a playoff competitive team

Adreme

Reaction score
It wasn't even my argument. The op used last 4 to 5 years which doesn't support the thread topic because they are very similar teams in that timeframe. But you didn't read that part I'm guessing.

If he had used the last 8 years there would be nothing to discuss.

And eagles are close but not top 5 last 29 or 30 years.
So there are 4 teams I would just obviously rate higher: Patriots, Chiefs, Ravens, and Broncos. For a 5th team (or any NFC team) it is really a struggle. I would give the edge to the Eagles just because I believe they have the most Championship game appearances in the NFC in that timeframe (believe it might be 8) which is a good metric of sustained deep playoff success. For example I would not put the Giants 2 Super Bowls over them because there is a lot of nothing in between.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Math is provable. Keep face palming like you have a point. but they won the Superbowl in the 2017-18 season. That is 7 seasons ago.

2018-19
2019-20
2020-21
2021-22
2022-23
2023-24

Since then they have one more win in the playoffs than Dallas.
Which you just proved yourself wrong. The Cowboys definitely could learn something from the Eagles.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It wasn't even my argument. The op used last 4 to 5 years which doesn't support the thread topic because they are very similar teams in that timeframe. But you didn't read that part I'm guessing.

If he had used the last 8 years there would be nothing to discuss.

And eagles are close but not top 5 last 29 or 30 years.
True, but you got my point. Overall, in recent years (last 8), the Cowboys definitely could learn a thing or two from the darn Eagles.

HanD

Reaction score
So there are 4 teams I would just obviously rate higher: Patriots, Chiefs, Ravens, and Broncos. For a 5th team (or any NFC team) it is really a struggle. I would give the edge to the Eagles just because I believe they have the most Championship game appearances in the NFC in that timeframe (believe it might be 8) which is a good metric of sustained deep playoff success. For example I would not put the Giants 2 Super Bowls over them because there is a lot of nothing in between.
If we're talking wins over that period, you'd include packers and colts. Both have sbs in the last 30 years also.

HanD

Reaction score
True, but you got my point. Overall, in recent years (last 8), the Cowboys definitely could learn a thing or two from the darn Eagles.
Overall I don't have a problem with your premise. Just that over last 4 or 5 years it holds less water. Go back 7 to 29 years sure, no arguments.

kskboys

Reaction score
someone get this man some coffee!!!!!! Can only imagine what they'll do what these picks, maybe a CB to follow ceedee around, or a DL to get pressure (we know they value the d-line)
They were able to get Jalen Carter and Jordan Davis due to the Wentz trade. Not sure if they still have any extra picks left.

phildadon86

Reaction score
People said the Bucs sucked the year before when the Cowboys beat them. They also said the Cowboys sucked in 2023 when the Cowboys beat the Eagles for the division.
The fact you think the Cowboys beat the Eagles to win the division is mind blowing.

That team fell apart. The cowboys had nothing to do with it.

LittleD

Reaction score
Eagles are buy and sell team while Dallas is now and forever a draft and develop team. Neither team seems to beat the 49ers pick a path and stick with it.
Jerry and Stephen are all about maximizing profits while Jeff Lawrie not so much. Where would you like to visit...The Star in Frisco or downtown Philthy.

rambo2

Reaction score
The fact you think the Cowboys beat the Eagles to win the division is mind blowing.

That team fell apart. The cowboys had nothing to do with it.
If the Cowboys don't beat the Eagles, they don't win the division. The Cowboys beat the Eagles by 20 points on December 10th.