Eagles show Cowboys how to pay top 5 avg salaries, yet still field a playoff competitive team

Jimbo123

Reaction score
It's very untrue just because the man makes a lot of moves the Cowboys still beat them twice in the last three years to say we're not competitive and that Jerry hasn't paid a lot of his players over the last eight years top five money it's still remain competitive would be ignoring the fact that we beat this very Eagles team two times in the last three years with the division and then we won 36 games two division titles have been to the playoffs 5 out of the last eight years says we are competitive and the Eagles there is no real gap except for on paper.. You're using just this offseason at the moment where the Cowboys are making a transition and having started with the contract set her up and they're in neutral until after the draft using this very moment to make this debate is very wrong it's untrue it's not factual at all the only thing that's true about this is Howie Roseman is a more aggressive GM and he brings in more players and he pays free agents more but to say they're more competitive than us would be completely untrue they're not monumental collapse at the end of last season and we won the division just last year that says it's very untrue that was Cowboys and Jerry Jones have paid a ton of their players top five money over the last eight years but we chose right now in this very moment and an offseason before we played a single game before the rosters built to say they're more competitive before we played the 2024 schedule it's all untrue it's only true in your mind because you don't like the front office so any negativity you're going to get on board with... Common sense right now says this is untrue because nobody's played a single game in 2024 to to say that we're not competitive before we play the games it's ridiculous in sports this is paper champion talk dream team talk... The only Super Bowl they've won since 1960 it was pure luck that their backup quarterback save the day... Nick folk bailed him out, that's it..

Yes Mr. America over here wanted to use the 49ers as an example would have been better but I prefer to stay who's winning the most the last 10 years that would be the patriots and the Kansas City Chiefs go show me that they were blowing the doors off the salary cap and big time free agents and spending top five money at every position in order for them to win Super Bowls and to stay competitive I would tell you you're very wrong I don't even have to go do the numbers they're quite the opposite they do things like most teams in the NFL and like Jerry Jones and most of the NFL does business the same way this outliers doing the all in thing the hit and miss results from that are very rare it is not something that's been done on a regular basis and all it's gotten was the Eagles and the 49ers have lost the last two Super Bowls to a team that's been the least aggressive that spent the least the last three offseasons....
Eagles have 16 playoff wins since 2000 vs Cowboys 4..End of discussion

blueblood70

Reaction score
I picked the Eagles because...

1) the tweet creator was correct
2) the Eagles have by far been more successful in the playoffs since 2018
3) I wanted to catch every Cowboys fans attention, so I compared organizations to the Eagles so it can truly sting.

Time for Jerry and Stephen to wake up, learn a thing or two, make better choices and start helping this team go further in the playoffs. They are 100% responsible for this team's lack of playoff success.
disagree, i meant what i said,

you chose this or they or he or she chose that tweet because at this very moment, sure they spent more but does NOT HOLD TRUE the rest is garbage, compare the top 5 $ at all positions the last 5years and the fact we have beat them twice for the division the last 3 years, so we are competitive and beat THEM Regularly.

the whole thing is garbage IMHO

it's 100% untrue, how are we not competitive with them in 2024 when we haven't played a single game? that parts all untrue , the fact that we beat them for the division two of the last three years says that we can be competitive with them head to head and in the division..

so that part's garbage it's untrue and the fact is if you compare year to year all the way back to this 2018 you cherry picked you'll find that we have been paying top five money to many positions that means the whole thing is garbage,

except for right at this very moment, they're spending more at some positions in the top five and we're not but where's the rest of it??? Literally 90% of all that was said in your post or theirs whoever's claiming they wrote it is all wrong it's untrue, it's cherry picked and it's done for a reason because it it's a fact only at this very moment and has no validity in the past or the future just right now in the offseason....

show us how to be competitive they have not been more competitive in my opinion just because they tripped into one Super Bowl because the 49ers lost 3 quarterbacks in one game and they played where the softest teams the game before against the giants literally both those games Cowboys probably win, look at what they did to get to that Super Bowl that since 2018 to me that's not being more competitive that's just getting lucky..

The fact is they're using this information which only holds true right as of today because they are not more competitive in the playoffs with their current top five position pay that they just now pay some of the guys like at running back and the wide receiver because they haven't played in 2024 they haven't played a game in the 2024 playoffs using this information so it's absolutely 90% of this information is false if you can't see that I'm sorry you guys are blind with just ripping on our front office...​

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
disagree, i meant what i said,

you chose this or they or he or she chose that tweet because at this very moment, sure they spent more but does NOT HOLD TRUE the rest is garbage, compare the top 5 $ at all positions the last 5years and the fact we have beat them twice for the division the last 3 years, so we are competitive and beat THEM Regularly.

the whole thing is garbage IMHO

it's 100% untrue, how are we not competitive with them in 2024 when we haven't played a single game? that parts all untrue , the fact that we beat them for the division two of the last three years says that we can be competitive with them head to head and in the division..

so that part's garbage it's untrue and the fact is if you compare year to year all the way back to this 2018 you cherry picked you'll find that we have been paying top five money to many positions that means the whole thing is garbage,

except for right at this very moment, they're spending more at some positions in the top five and we're not but where's the rest of it??? Literally 90% of all that was said in your post or theirs whoever's claiming they wrote it is all wrong it's untrue, it's cherry picked and it's done for a reason because it it's a fact only at this very moment and has no validity in the past or the future just right now in the offseason....

show us how to be competitive they have not been more competitive in my opinion just because they tripped into one Super Bowl because the 49ers lost 3 quarterbacks in one game and they played where the softest teams the game before against the giants literally both those games Cowboys probably win, look at what they did to get to that Super Bowl that since 2018 to me that's not being more competitive that's just getting lucky..

The fact is they're using this information which only holds true right as of today because they are not more competitive in the playoffs with their current top five position pay that they just now pay some of the guys like at running back and the wide receiver because they haven't played in 2024 they haven't played a game in the 2024 playoffs using this information so it's absolutely 90% of this information is false if you can't see that I'm sorry you guys are blind with just ripping on our front office...​
I hear you, but division and head-to-head victories mean diddly squat if you can't advance past the divisional round of the playoffs and at least reach a conference playoffs game. The Cowboys haven't done that since 1995. 29 years and counting.

The Eagles have reached at least the NFC Championship Game 7 times since 2002, reached 3 SBs and won 1. They by far have been way more successful than the Cowboys.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/the-eagles-nfc-championship-appearances

Time to put the Cowboys fans feelings away and demand so much better from this ownership.

Sydla

Reaction score
I hear you, but division and head-to-head victories mean diddly squat if you can't advance past the divisional round of the playoffs and at least reach a conference playoffs game. The Cowboys haven't done that since 1995. 29 years and counting.

The Eagles have reached at least the NFC Championship Game 7 times since 2002, reached 3 SBs and won 1. They by far have been way more successful than the Cowboys.

Time to put the Cowboys fans feelings away and demand so much better from this ownership.

If you switched results and it had been us who collapsed last year but had a SB win and another SB appearance in the last 8 years, blueblood would be making the exact opposite argument.

He's about as diehard a homer as we have around here.

HanD

Reaction score
Eagles have 16 playoff wins since 2000 vs Cowboys 4..End of discussion

Weird I got notified for this post since it doesn't quote me.

But same thing applies to what you asked me last night, why last 24 years? Why not 30 or 35 which would hurt your argument. Have the eagles been better as of late, of course. But we are picking and choosing to fit an agenda.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
1 ring in 60 years….we will be dead before they win another……
Maybe but I'm sure they'll have another chance in our lifetime which is all you can ask. We've had no championship game appearances in almost 30 years. Some Cowboy fans haven't seen a title. Talking about those titles in the 90's are like the Browns talking about those titles in the 50's. They're irrelevant anymore. We used to laugh at fans from other teams who use to brag about titles decades ago and now we've become them. We used to be envied and now we're laughed at.

Last edited:

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Weird I got notified for this post since it doesn't quote me.

But same thing applies to what you asked me last night, why last 24 years? Why not 30 or 35 which would hurt your argument. Have the eagles been better as of late, of course. But we are picking and choosing to fit an agenda.
Pre vs post salary cap. Salary Cap marked the beginning of a new ERA.

blueblood70

Reaction score

We're not going to agree on this, because that's where you're going wrong ,

if there's such a bigger better badder organization, they should have a problem beating us every year for the division.. if they're the paper champions in the offseason they should be beating us badly matter of fact they should be beating us like we beat the giants, which by the way you do realize the giants in Washington spend more money in free agency than the Eagles or the Cowboys and yet they're finishing last??

But if there were that large a gap between the way Howie Roseman whatever his name is does business in our front office they should be beating us like we beat the giants,​
literally that's the way you talk about this green slime of an overrated organization ,who make just as many mistakes in a draft and in free agency, and these trades at the trade deadline it didn't work but they get credit for trying, no we should get credit for not making that same mistake about going out making a trade and paying a guy and it not working out...​
LOOK , I understand what you're saying but that doesn't mean you're right, just because they made it to 1 Super Bowl since 2018 they got beat by the team who spent less money,

THEY got beat by the less aggressive team including the for the division, if they were so much better than us I'm going to say it for a third time, they'd be dominating us sort of like, what was it in the early 2000s?? the Eagles were the last time an nfce team in won back-to-back and I believe they won what three titles in a row ?? when we were down , that's how they should be dominating this right now... IMHO

if what you were saying was true it's not just about what they do in the playoffs ,I'm telling you they got lucky how many times do I gotta say that??

again they got to play the giants in round one what's the Cowboys almost never lose to the giants and they got to play a team using their emergency quarterback they would not have beat the 49ers, if Brock Purdy would have been healthy can we agree on that that run in 2022 or whatever years was almost entirely luck.. That was by far the least resistance in the playoffs I've seen in a very long time as far as the two teams they had to face in the circumstances they had to face...

So if you want to use an example use the 49ers or use New England and Kansas city's dynasties and you'll find out that the Rams and 49ers are the only ones that are using the all in philosophy along with the Eagles but they're getting beat by New England and Kansas City... the 49ers haven't won a Super Bowl since 1994 and I get that they're going more often to championship games and Super Bowls,

so they would be a better example, not using example for me because, I'm not going to agree with you that the Eagles are better because they're not consistently beating us and they're not consistently winning divisions, it goes back and forth to a point that you can't say for certain that their organization is better than ours. Making moves and being aggressive but not ending with a Super Bowl championship says that there's not really a big difference between our two organizations except for how we handle the off seasons...

blueblood70

Reaction score
The Eagles sure fail a lot.
Correct America is trying to sell us that the Eagles look like they did in the division dominating us like they did in the early 2000s it looks like they won five out of six titles but no Super Bowls but somehow they got credit for winning all those back-to-back divisions when it didn't end in winning Super Bowls but that's not how it is right now they're struggling to beat us for the division but the way they talk about the Eagles they're dominating us like we dominate the Commanders and especially the giants but that's not happening Howie Roseman and the green slime are literally not beating us on a regular basis they're not winning the division on a regular basis that means the gap is not there yes they have more recently won a Super Bowl... And they have more recently been to another Super Bowl but in my opinion they got lucky to get to that one but outside of that they are literally not beating us to a point where they're dominating where there's any proof whatsoever that how they do business in the ocean is better than what we do it just looks better on paper and it makes fans feel better but if they're not winning the division and beating the Dallas Cowboys on a regular basis then there is no real gap...

The gap is there with the 49ers and the Cowboys they're the team we can't seemed to be no matter what... That would be a team that should have been part of this discussion I am not gonna follow the blueprint for a team that's won one Super Bowl and the other one that they got to they got lucky to meet the giants and a team with their third string quarterback only to lose to Kansas City who are not the most aggressive team in the league they're the least aggressive champion I've ever seen... They're following the blueprint of New England and it's working but it's hard to get that combination at head coach and quarterback so then you have the rest of us...​
He should have used the 49ers because there would have been not much of A debate even though they haven't won a Super Bowl since 1994 they are dominating the Dallas Cowboys on the field whether it's at our place or there's that's the team that is clearly better than us right now.. The Eagles do not scare me and it's not something that I look up to when I look over there just because you're making more moves when the moves aren't working out whether it's the coaching moves or the player moves to where it's not clearly better than Cowboys it's just making fans happy because there's activity but that doesn't make them better it makes them better on paper...​

blueblood70

Reaction score
The funny thing is they were no more competitive than us this year. They both failed miserably.
You mean last season this year has not started yet that would be 2024 schedule that starts in September but yeah I get your drift

that's what I was trying to tell them we beat them for the division two out of the last three years how could they be more competitive then us if we're beating them they keep saying in the playoffs but if you look at that last playoff run they played nobody .I realize they played San Francisco but one was the giants, two San Francisco with a third string quarterback they got lucky and then lost to Kansas City...

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
First of all I believe this is the most ridiculous post of the Aussies and because he chose to cherry pick right now before a game is played to say the Dallas Cowboys need to be shown how to be competitive with the Eagles but yet the Dallas Cowboys have beat the Eagles 2 out of the last three years and I promise you the last four years we were one of the top five paying at each salary but he chose right now while the Cowboys are in transition this offseason and the Eagles are now come due to make this cherry picked comparison witches full of holes and ridiculously bad timing the Dallas Cowboys roster is not finished yet but they are in transition to moving a lot of young guys and places some old guys where the Eagles were three years ago and I promise you we still have some top paid players but he don't pick any other years just right now at the moment and he's assuming that the Eagles are gonna be competitive because we don't even know that they haven't played a single game but yet the Dallas Cowboys have been very competitive because how do you win the division two out of the last three years without being competitive??

In my opinion you picked the wrong team you wanna compare us to the 49ers that's great but if you want a real comparison nobody wants to touch this because they know the Kansas City Chiefs are not aggressive in the offseason and not overspend at positions they are not a free agency all in tight franchise they have actually used the draft smart trades bringing in undrafted free agents and getting rid of some of their top players and still winning Super Bowls but nobody wants to make that comparison because it wouldn't fit the narrative that most teams do business like the Dallas Cowboys but they want to pick some of these aggressive all in teams which are very few and far between there are maybe three teams in this league that do that on a regular basis but the one winning the Super bowl you know in the current dynasty and the one before that in New England they did not take that all in blueprint... It was quite the opposite... So why aren't we comparing our team either with the other 28 or 30 teams that are not all in and how they do business or compares to those two teams those are the last two dynasties those are the ones that are winning the most right now and that are beating San Francisco and Philly who are usually the most aggressive and yet they can't beat Kansas City who's doing the least in the offseason and it's equating to wins..

I get it we don't have Tom Brady and we don't have Patrick mahomes and we don't have those two head coaches but if you want to cherry pick and only pick the team right at this moment in this offseason to do this I'd say that it's hater talk it's more hate the front office talk but I can't keep saying this we've won 36 games two division titles been to the playoffs three straight years been to the playoffs 5 in the last eight years how is that not remaining competitive and beating the Eagles on a regular basis??

Yes we've fallen short in the playoffs but the Eagles do not have a rich history of making the Super bowl or winning them they absolutely don't they have one Super Bowl and I get it whoever the new ownership and the new GM they're just going they wanna just only go by like 2015 until now because I don't want to give Jerry credit for any of the three Super Bowls in the last 33 years because if I do my math over the last 33 years the Dallas Cowboys have three Super Bowl wins and the Eagles have won in the history of the two franchises the Dallas Cowboys have 5 Super Bowls the Eagles still only have one...

The Dallas Cowboys have been one of the teams that pay their players a lot of money when their contracts are up and just this offseason there in neutral and it still may happen before the season starts but This is why this post is the most ridiculous one this offseason because of the timing of it of course he's going to come up with an argument you can't deny as far as the way they've spent money this offseason we have it but not using years past and saying that we're not going to be competitive before a game is played is suspect and I'm not buying it...
Even Eagles fans think their lone Super Bowl victory is ancient history. NFL fans are interested in right now. Right now neither team is winning the next Super Bowl as both franchises seem to be trying to figure out what they want to do. Signing a slew of guys to one year deals whose teams didn’t want them is sticking your fingers in holes in the dam. It will stop the leaking temporarily, but it doesn’t mean you’re building a team to compete with the Chiefs. And not knowing what you want to do with your own best players, particularly your quarterback, is not building a Super Bowl team, either.

HanD

Reaction score
Pre vs post salary cap. Salary Cap marked the beginning of a new ERA.
except the cap started before 2000 which i mentioned before in one of my other posts. if you wanted to really be pre and salary cap eras, dallas and the eagles have the same number of superbowl victories in the salary cap era.

so 24 seems kind of random now.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
We're not going to agree on this, because that's where you're going wrong ,

if there's such a bigger better badder organization, they should have a problem beating us every year for the division.. if they're the paper champions in the offseason they should be beating us badly matter of fact they should be beating us like we beat the giants, which by the way you do realize the giants in Washington spend more money in free agency than the Eagles or the Cowboys and yet they're finishing last??

But if there were that large a gap between the way Howie Roseman whatever his name is does business in our front office they should be beating us like we beat the giants,​
literally that's the way you talk about this green slime of an overrated organization ,who make just as many mistakes in a draft and in free agency, and these trades at the trade deadline it didn't work but they get credit for trying, no we should get credit for not making that same mistake about going out making a trade and paying a guy and it not working out...​
LOOK , I understand what you're saying but that doesn't mean you're right, just because they made it to 1 Super Bowl since 2018 they got beat by the team who spent less money,

THEY got beat by the less aggressive team including the for the division, if they were so much better than us I'm going to say it for a third time, they'd be dominating us sort of like, what was it in the early 2000s?? the Eagles were the last time an nfce team in won back-to-back and I believe they won what three titles in a row ?? when we were down , that's how they should be dominating this right now... IMHO

if what you were saying was true it's not just about what they do in the playoffs ,I'm telling you they got lucky how many times do I gotta say that??

again they got to play the giants in round one what's the Cowboys almost never lose to the giants and they got to play a team using their emergency quarterback they would not have beat the 49ers, if Brock Purdy would have been healthy can we agree on that that run in 2022 or whatever years was almost entirely luck.. That was by far the least resistance in the playoffs I've seen in a very long time as far as the two teams they had to face in the circumstances they had to face...

So if you want to use an example use the 49ers or use New England and Kansas city's dynasties and you'll find out that the Rams and 49ers are the only ones that are using the all in philosophy along with the Eagles but they're getting beat by New England and Kansas City... the 49ers haven't won a Super Bowl since 1994 and I get that they're going more often to championship games and Super Bowls,

so they would be a better example, not using example for me because, I'm not going to agree with you that the Eagles are better because they're not consistently beating us and they're not consistently winning divisions, it goes back and forth to a point that you can't say for certain that their organization is better than ours. Making moves and being aggressive but not ending with a Super Bowl championship says that there's not really a big difference between our two organizations except for how we handle the off seasons...
You don't even have your facts straight. The Eagles have made it to 2 Super Bowls since 2018, not 1 like you wrongly stated. Why even argue with you when you don't have your facts straight? Plus, the Eagles most definitely have been way more successful in the playoffs than the Cowboys have been both recently and the past 20 years. You're not thinking straight.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
The Cowboys have zero cap problems. The front office though is extremely conservative with the cap.
Yet the eagles had much more cap space this year. The jones mismanagement of Dak’s contract basically cost them this offseason.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
Um. No. Please don't learn from the Eagles.

That team fell apart last season, though they had some people here ... you know who you are, if you're honest... believing they were something special through the first half of the season.

No, I don't want to be paying all those salaries on offense (!!!).

The Eagles are effectively now in a position that their defense is going to be difficult to improve for quite awhile.
lol. what are you talking about? You don’t want to have greatvplayers?

HanD

Reaction score
You don't even have your facts straight. The Eagles have made it to 2 Super Bowls since 2018, not 1 like you wrongly stated. Why even argue with you when you don't have your facts straight? Plus, the Eagles most definitely have been way more successful in the playoffs than the Cowboys have been both recently and the past 20 years. You're not thinking straight.
You're talking calendar year. Eagles went to SB in the 2017 season which ended in 2018. He's talking about 2018 season. Same thing was happening to me and Jimbo.