Eagles show Cowboys how to pay top 5 avg salaries, yet still field a playoff competitive team

blueblood70

Reaction score
Jerry and Stephen Jones should learn from Jeff Lurie and the Eagles...

first of all you realize that some of us are sick of being compared to teams we hate find another team how about show me what the Kansas City Chiefs team looks like the last three offseasons with their salary looks like??

Second of all I believe you're off base competitive hell we beat them two out of the last three seasons for the division we rarely ever lose to them twice and we pretty much own the east your sign to say that the way Jerry does it doesn't make us competitive we just literally saw them collapse at the end of last year that's who were supposed to emulate a team that has one Super Bowl win since 1960.... Look show us the list of our place on this list because I could tell you right now

• simply go by cap it and Prescott probably in the top three of quarterbacks even if you use his actual salary this year it's a lot it has to be up there at quarterback.
  • You trying to tell me the 5th year option that's $17 million that's $1 million a game to CD lamb is not in one of the top paid wide receivers?
  • We just got rid of having one of the most overpaid running backs last year and four years prior ,somehow it drops off the list, so now you make your list this year before they play a snap, we're supposed to drool over how competitive you feel they might be this year you don't even know if they're going to win any games this year UNtill they start playing... But again let's just go by the last three years we've beat them for the division kind of crazy how people keep saying they remain competitive, if you go in years past and see how much money we're paying to all our positions when I don't know when Amari and Zeke and Prescott were all making top money. Did they not pay JS and a few safeties?, we just paid Trayvon Diggs what's the highest paid cornerback over there in greenslimetown?
  • The irony here is you wait till this year to make this before the rosters built but while right now the Eagles look like they're paying their guys and still competitive and yet they haven't played a game and the Cowboys are not done this year but if you've done this in years past... I guarantee you before jalen hurts got paid before they brought over brown and before they paid some of these guys the Cowboys were blowing them out of the water and money paid in total roster amounts let alone a few cherry picked postions.. I mean it's so ridiculous it's so obvious that you waited until a huge position, so far this offseason have left and yet to be filled and some of the guys who the Cowboys finally got rid of that we're making too much money to make this comp but again we beat them for the division last year so you want us to follow their footsteps by collapsing at the end of the year after spending more money than everybody else??
  • This is exactly what I'm talking about you all keep comparing us to a franchise that is not better than us that is not beating us on a regular basis yeah if we were wanna compare with the 49ers do sure why don't you use the 49ers but I prefer to use the Kansas City Chiefs because the last three offseason they've done less and less and they keep winning they're one of the least aggressive teams in the NFL and they use like running back by committees with low round picks they use wide receiver by committee by not picking in free agency where the highest paid trades are being made no they got rid of hill and yet we are trying to keep CD lamb, we paid amari Cooper.. Ohh and that 49ers team at this point are starting to feel it a little because if they're allowing BA to leave they're starting to feel the cat pinch too he's one of their top players but they're letting him seek trades.. I also believe AJ Browns is now up next to either be asked to take a big pay cut or they will cut him he will not be there in 2025.
But I can't say this enough you waited till the Cowboys had not done anything yet with five months left to go when they let a lot of big salaries go the last couple of seasons to make this comparison but saying we should follow them to show them how they stay competitive when they just went through a monumental collapse and we haven't played a game how do you know they're gonna be competitive in 2024 they're not playing a single game so on paper you're calling them champions I mean this is like a board game did I miss something did you watch them play on Madden did you do a simulation of them versus us??
So I say again this smells of timing literally right now you're trying to make a point because the Cowboys haven't done a lot right now but the last five years the Dallas Cowboys are a top six team they've won an awful lot of games and they beat these same Eagles team twice for the division and they're not done building the roster yet but you're saying the Cowboys are not competitive when we beat this very team twice for the division but you use right now way too soon before a game is played and while the Cowboys have been making some big changes at certain positions and you wait till they have one of their seasons IE the Eagles to where they had a lot of guys up due for contracts the last two seasons to make your comparison... Nice try not today not letting you do it this is ridiculously too soon too early and it smells of cherry picking you chose right now to make this comparison but not the last four years I guarantee we were one of the teams playing at many of the top positions and still being competitive... Green slime beagles lost to these very Cowboys and Jerry Jones front office twice over the last three years I don't know what you mean by competitive but that's not really accurate because I believe when you're talking about the Eagles we're very competitive with them... It's outside of the division like in the AFC and the 49ers where we're not that competitive at least we weren't last year and I choose to stick to current conditions which right now you're trying to make a call before rosters even filled out..

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score
I am confused by the OP.

Is he being sarcastic? Because he typically gets all hot and bothered when we bring up other teams.

Or is he really criticizing Jerry/Stephen for not giving his boy Dak a ton of weapons?

Aven8

Reaction score
Let’s be real, Howie has a job to do and his career, money, and most likely livelihood depend on it. The Jones’ are here to stay win or lose. They can make awful picks and it doesn’t matter. They fail and they still win. They have no urgency because they don’t have to be urgent.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Hold on now....I don't want to defend Jerry here but to pretend like all he did was "one trick" is insulting. He hired Jimmy Johnson and fired Landry. And people said he was a idiot for doing it. That's just one of the many things he did do.
First of all I believe this is the most ridiculous post of the Aussies and because he chose to cherry pick right now before a game is played to say the Dallas Cowboys need to be shown how to be competitive with the Eagles but yet the Dallas Cowboys have beat the Eagles 2 out of the last three years and I promise you the last four years we were one of the top five paying at each salary but he chose right now while the Cowboys are in transition this offseason and the Eagles are now come due to make this cherry picked comparison witches full of holes and ridiculously bad timing the Dallas Cowboys roster is not finished yet but they are in transition to moving a lot of young guys and places some old guys where the Eagles were three years ago and I promise you we still have some top paid players but he don't pick any other years just right now at the moment and he's assuming that the Eagles are gonna be competitive because we don't even know that they haven't played a single game but yet the Dallas Cowboys have been very competitive because how do you win the division two out of the last three years without being competitive??

In my opinion you picked the wrong team you wanna compare us to the 49ers that's great but if you want a real comparison nobody wants to touch this because they know the Kansas City Chiefs are not aggressive in the offseason and not overspend at positions they are not a free agency all in tight franchise they have actually used the draft smart trades bringing in undrafted free agents and getting rid of some of their top players and still winning Super Bowls but nobody wants to make that comparison because it wouldn't fit the narrative that most teams do business like the Dallas Cowboys but they want to pick some of these aggressive all in teams which are very few and far between there are maybe three teams in this league that do that on a regular basis but the one winning the Super bowl you know in the current dynasty and the one before that in New England they did not take that all in blueprint... It was quite the opposite... So why aren't we comparing our team either with the other 28 or 30 teams that are not all in and how they do business or compares to those two teams those are the last two dynasties those are the ones that are winning the most right now and that are beating San Francisco and Philly who are usually the most aggressive and yet they can't beat Kansas City who's doing the least in the offseason and it's equating to wins..

I get it we don't have Tom Brady and we don't have Patrick mahomes and we don't have those two head coaches but if you want to cherry pick and only pick the team right at this moment in this offseason to do this I'd say that it's hater talk it's more hate the front office talk but I can't keep saying this we've won 36 games two division titles been to the playoffs three straight years been to the playoffs 5 in the last eight years how is that not remaining competitive and beating the Eagles on a regular basis??

Yes we've fallen short in the playoffs but the Eagles do not have a rich history of making the Super bowl or winning them they absolutely don't they have one Super Bowl and I get it whoever the new ownership and the new GM they're just going they wanna just only go by like 2015 until now because I don't want to give Jerry credit for any of the three Super Bowls in the last 33 years because if I do my math over the last 33 years the Dallas Cowboys have three Super Bowl wins and the Eagles have won in the history of the two franchises the Dallas Cowboys have 5 Super Bowls the Eagles still only have one...

The Dallas Cowboys have been one of the teams that pay their players a lot of money when their contracts are up and just this offseason there in neutral and it still may happen before the season starts but This is why this post is the most ridiculous one this offseason because of the timing of it of course he's going to come up with an argument you can't deny as far as the way they've spent money this offseason we have it but not using years past and saying that we're not going to be competitive before a game is played is suspect and I'm not buying it...

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
.......it's still just part of the 1989 peak.

What has he done since?....... that's my point?

Unless the only goal is to increase net worth instead of Lombardis in THIS century.
And would he have made that trade if Jimmy was against it? I give him credit for getting it done. Walker also had to agree to the trade. But I'm pretty sure it was Jimmy's idea.

rambo2

Reaction score
Let’s be real, Howie has a job to do and his career, money, and most likely livelihood depend on it. The Jones’ are here to stay win or lose. They can make awful picks and it doesn’t matter. They fail and they still win. They have no urgency because they don’t have to be urgent.
The Eagles sure fail a lot.

blueblood70

Reaction score
And let's be honest here somehow Howie Roseman and Jeffrey lurie has allowed themselves to be beat by the Dallas Cowboys for the division two and the last three years and many times since 2016,

you can keep sweeping those those under the carpet so you can make your argument on how you hate the front office,

the way they've done business has at least made the Cowboys very competitive to say that the Cowboys don't spend money and using right at this moment as your proof is ridiculous cherry picking because over the last five years I can tell you the Cowboys have spent a lot of money making a lot of their players the top paid at their positions..

we chose right now at this very moment where the Cowboys have yet to get the fires lit for this offseason and when the Eagles finally had a lot of their players come due and now they're in a situation that we were in the three years prior and use that as a comparison....

Facts are the Dallas Cowboys have been more than competitive within the division and we beat these Eagles teams that you all keep thinking are just so much better how much better what is the gap they've lost to us twice for the division.

So he's more aggressive and brings in names but these names haven't been getting it done all these things before the season starts and in season before the trade deadline that everyone here is giving Howard Roseman credit for it all failed last year; all the coaches, the assistant coaches they brought in, all the players from the offseason all the way through the trade deadline, all that got them was a monumental collapse... it was the biggest collapse in the history of the NFL for a team that started what was it 10 and one and then lost six straight games or whatever it was down the stretch,, I forget all of it but the details don't matter the proof that the Dallas Cowboys are competitive are all there black and white the proof if you want to use over the last eight years, compare the Eagles, compare the Cowboys at all positions over 8 years each year and you'll find that the Cowboys have been in the top... Using this very moment in this very off season to make this graph without going back five years and doing a year to year comparison I bet you'll find it's very even... To act like Jerry doesn't pay his players to only use this very moment where they're making a transition to younger players letting go some of the players have been here very long time and yet have a lot of contracts coming up to do this right now is why this is an invalid debate and an invalid argument despite the fact that we beat them twice for the division just in the last three years.. So the Cowboys have paid their players since 2016 they paid a lot of their players at positions top five money a lot of people in here say they overpaid a lot of those positions and they remain very competitive within the division and it winning a lot of regular season games so to say that we're not competitive compared to the Eagles is where this whole thing collapsed right in the title...

it's just right at the moment way to pick right now to try to make a point because now it doesn't have any validity because it's wrong competitive how they just paid all these players and haven't played a game in 2024 and yet you're already saying that they're going to be competitive, more competitive than the Cowboys in 24, you know this how?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Of course you're a Cowboy fan. As am I. I can't stand the Eagles. They are my most hated team. Doesn't mean it isn't true though.
It's very untrue just because the man makes a lot of moves the Cowboys still beat them twice in the last three years to say we're not competitive and that Jerry hasn't paid a lot of his players over the last eight years top five money it's still remain competitive would be ignoring the fact that we beat this very Eagles team two times in the last three years with the division and then we won 36 games two division titles have been to the playoffs 5 out of the last eight years says we are competitive and the Eagles there is no real gap except for on paper.. You're using just this offseason at the moment where the Cowboys are making a transition and having started with the contract set her up and they're in neutral until after the draft using this very moment to make this debate is very wrong it's untrue it's not factual at all the only thing that's true about this is Howie Roseman is a more aggressive GM and he brings in more players and he pays free agents more but to say they're more competitive than us would be completely untrue they're not monumental collapse at the end of last season and we won the division just last year that says it's very untrue that was Cowboys and Jerry Jones have paid a ton of their players top five money over the last eight years but we chose right now in this very moment and an offseason before we played a single game before the rosters built to say they're more competitive before we played the 2024 schedule it's all untrue it's only true in your mind because you don't like the front office so any negativity you're going to get on board with... Common sense right now says this is untrue because nobody's played a single game in 2024 to to say that we're not competitive before we play the games it's ridiculous in sports this is paper champion talk dream team talk... The only Super Bowl they've won since 1960 it was pure luck that their backup quarterback save the day... Nick folk bailed him out, that's it..

Yes Mr. America over here wanted to use the 49ers as an example would have been better but I prefer to stay who's winning the most the last 10 years that would be the patriots and the Kansas City Chiefs go show me that they were blowing the doors off the salary cap and big time free agents and spending top five money at every position in order for them to win Super Bowls and to stay competitive I would tell you you're very wrong I don't even have to go do the numbers they're quite the opposite they do things like most teams in the NFL and like Jerry Jones and most of the NFL does business the same way this outliers doing the all in thing the hit and miss results from that are very rare it is not something that's been done on a regular basis and all it's gotten was the Eagles and the 49ers have lost the last two Super Bowls to a team that's been the least aggressive that spent the least the last three offseasons....

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
first of all you realize that some of us are sick of being compared to teams we hate find another team how about show me what the Kansas City Chiefs team looks like the last three offseasons with their salary looks like??

Second of all I believe you're off base competitive hell we beat them two out of the last three seasons for the division we rarely ever lose to them twice and we pretty much own the east your sign to say that the way Jerry does it doesn't make us competitive we just literally saw them collapse at the end of last year that's who were supposed to emulate a team that has one Super Bowl win since 1960.... Look show us the list of our place on this list because I could tell you right now

• simply go by cap it and Prescott probably in the top three of quarterbacks even if you use his actual salary this year it's a lot it has to be up there at quarterback.
  • You trying to tell me the 5th year option that's $17 million that's $1 million a game to CD lamb is not in one of the top paid wide receivers?
  • We just got rid of having one of the most overpaid running backs last year and four years prior ,somehow it drops off the list, so now you make your list this year before they play a snap, we're supposed to drool over how competitive you feel they might be this year you don't even know if they're going to win any games this year UNtill they start playing... But again let's just go by the last three years we've beat them for the division kind of crazy how people keep saying they remain competitive, if you go in years past and see how much money we're paying to all our positions when I don't know when Amari and Zeke and Prescott were all making top money. Did they not pay JS and a few safeties?, we just paid Trayvon Diggs what's the highest paid cornerback over there in greenslimetown?
  • The irony here is you wait till this year to make this before the rosters built but while right now the Eagles look like they're paying their guys and still competitive and yet they haven't played a game and the Cowboys are not done this year but if you've done this in years past... I guarantee you before jalen hurts got paid before they brought over brown and before they paid some of these guys the Cowboys were blowing them out of the water and money paid in total roster amounts let alone a few cherry picked postions.. I mean it's so ridiculous it's so obvious that you waited until a huge position, so far this offseason have left and yet to be filled and some of the guys who the Cowboys finally got rid of that we're making too much money to make this comp but again we beat them for the division last year so you want us to follow their footsteps by collapsing at the end of the year after spending more money than everybody else??
  • This is exactly what I'm talking about you all keep comparing us to a franchise that is not better than us that is not beating us on a regular basis yeah if we were wanna compare with the 49ers do sure why don't you use the 49ers but I prefer to use the Kansas City Chiefs because the last three offseason they've done less and less and they keep winning they're one of the least aggressive teams in the NFL and they use like running back by committees with low round picks they use wide receiver by committee by not picking in free agency where the highest paid trades are being made no they got rid of hill and yet we are trying to keep CD lamb, we paid amari Cooper.. Ohh and that 49ers team at this point are starting to feel it a little because if they're allowing BA to leave they're starting to feel the cat pinch too he's one of their top players but they're letting him seek trades.. I also believe AJ Browns is now up next to either be asked to take a big pay cut or they will cut him he will not be there in 2025.
But I can't say this enough you waited till the Cowboys had not done anything yet with five months left to go when they let a lot of big salaries go the last couple of seasons to make this comparison but saying we should follow them to show them how they stay competitive when they just went through a monumental collapse and we haven't played a game how do you know they're gonna be competitive in 2024 they're not playing a single game so on paper you're calling them champions I mean this is like a board game did I miss something did you watch them play on Madden did you do a simulation of them versus us??
So I say again this smells of timing literally right now you're trying to make a point because the Cowboys haven't done a lot right now but the last five years the Dallas Cowboys are a top six team they've won an awful lot of games and they beat these same Eagles team twice for the division and they're not done building the roster yet but you're saying the Cowboys are not competitive when we beat this very team twice for the division but you use right now way too soon before a game is played and while the Cowboys have been making some big changes at certain positions and you wait till they have one of their seasons IE the Eagles to where they had a lot of guys up due for contracts the last two seasons to make your comparison... Nice try not today not letting you do it this is ridiculously too soon too early and it smells of cherry picking you chose right now to make this comparison but not the last four years I guarantee we were one of the teams playing at many of the top positions and still being competitive... Green slime beagles lost to these very Cowboys and Jerry Jones front office twice over the last three years I don't know what you mean by competitive but that's not really accurate because I believe when you're talking about the Eagles we're very competitive with them... It's outside of the division like in the AFC and the 49ers where we're not that competitive at least we weren't last year and I choose to stick to current conditions which right now you're trying to make a call before rosters even filled out..
I picked the Eagles because...

1) the tweet creator was correct
2) the Eagles have by far been more successful in the playoffs since 2018
3) I wanted to catch every Cowboys fans attention, so I compared organizations to the Eagles so it can truly sting.

Time for Jerry and Stephen to wake up, learn a thing or two, make better choices and start helping this team go further in the playoffs. They are 100% responsible for this team's lack of playoff success.

rambo2

Reaction score
One team.
No NFCCG in 29 years
other team. 2 SB appearances in 8 years.

Even money.

Maybe in your warped little reality.
It's a mathematical fact. One team doesn't have an advantage over the other in future years.