Twitter: Eagles Trade For Gardner-Johnson

IrishAnto

Reaction score
Wait because they won the SB as a Cowboys fan i need to stop saying they suck? I dont care what thier record is as an long time NFCE rival they will always suck.....see what thier colors and logo is all i need to see to say it....again you may say what you want...I will not being giving the beagles anything but grief until they lay me under with my COWBOYS shirt on AND THEN i'll say THE EAGLES SUCK from up high just as loud.
I’m sure they’re worried about you.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Anybody that knows anything at all about football knows that the games are still won or lost in the trenches.

From 2015 until the time he was traded, Russell Wilson was the best QB in the NFC West.

In that time period…

SF made 2 NFCCGs, went to the SB

LAR made 2 SBs and won a world championship

Arizona made the NFCCG

… and Seattle made 0 NFCCGs

QB is the most important position no doubt, but it’s not the only position. Philadelphia knows that better than most. We haven’t had the best QB in the division since 2006, but in that time period we still won it 6 times

Nav22

Reaction score
Putting the Eagles aside, I have serious issues/concerns with this OL. No matter how great you think Dak is, if he's getting piss poor protection, he's going to struggle. They are basically crossing their fingers and hoping their stop gaps work here but IMO they should have brought in a vet OT.

I mean even now, if Smith gets hurt or his ankle is bothering him, they have little depth all along the OL.

Poor OL play can turn an 11-12 win team into a 7-8 win team real quick. I'd feel much better if our OL was in better shape.
I’m confident Dak will play his best football (like he did at the start of 2021) and he’ll be worth 8-9 wins on his own. That’s why so much depends on Dak’s health.

Our defense should be pretty good again and they’ll win us a few games as well.

Finally, if our penalty issues improve from “worst in the NFL” to “bad but not the worst” that’ll be worth another win.

Sydla

Reaction score
I’m confident Dak will play his best football (like he did at the start of 2021) and he’ll be worth 8-9 wins on his own. That’s why so much depends on Dak’s health.

Our defense should be pretty good again and they’ll win us a few games as well.

Finally, if our penalty issues improve from “worst in the NFL” to “bad but not the worst” that’ll be worth another win.

If the OL struggles, which is a real possibility given the left side of the line, Dak and this offense is going to have issues IMO.

Hope Jerry knows what he's doing. It's a massive risk to think Smith/McGovern are good enough for a SB caliber team like Jerry thinks we are.

Nav22

Reaction score
If the OL struggles, which is a real possibility given the left side of the line, Dak and this offense is going to have issues IMO.

Hope Jerry knows what he's doing. It's a massive risk to think Smith/McGovern are good enough for a SB caliber team like Jerry thinks we are.
We shall see. I have a feeling the OL will hold up well enough for the offense to still have success, especially since the D should be pretty solid. We can lean on the defense to keep us in games while the offense finds its footing.

Lots of teams have issues along their OL, so the difference usually comes down to QB play.

Nav22

Reaction score
We haven’t had the best QB in the division since 2006, but in that time period we still won it 6 times
It’s actually 5 for Philly since 2006.

Let’s break down those 5 division titles, shall we?

2006: Romo didn’t take over for Bledsoe until midseason.

2010: Romo broken collarbone, although to be fair, we started the year off playing like trash

2013: Romo back fracture right before Week 17, we lost vs Philly in Week 17 with Kyle Orton at QB.

2017: You DID have the best QB as Wentz played at an MVP level before he got hurt. Then Nick Foles played at an MVP level in the playoffs. Super Bowl champs!

2019: Dak was a little better than Wentz statistically, but the Eagles showed up in Week 16 and we didn’t.

So in reality, that’s 1 division title you’ve won since 2006 without having the best QB in the division. In the other years, you either DID have the best QB or the best QB got hurt.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
It’s actually 5 for Philly since 2006.

Let’s break down those 5 division titles, shall we?

2006: Romo didn’t take over for Bledsoe until midseason.

2010: Romo broken collarbone, although to be fair, we started the year off playing like trash

2013: Romo back fracture right before Week 17, we lost vs Philly in Week 17 with Kyle Orton at QB.

2017: You DID have the best QB as Wentz played at an MVP level before he got hurt. Then Nick Foles played at an MVP level in the playoffs. Super Bowl champs!

2019: Dak was a little better than Wentz statistically, but the Eagles showed up in Week 16 and we didn’t.

So in reality, that’s 1 division title you’ve won since 2006 without having the best QB in the division. In the other years, you either DID have the best QB or the best QB got hurt.

Oh silly me, I had 2022 in there as well

Flamma

Reaction score
There's not a team in the entire league that has a defense good enough to win a SB with Jalen Hurts at QB. Those defenses don't exist anymore. Quarterbacks that can run better than they can pass the ball usually don't make it to super bowls.

The Eagles will trade up for a QB next year in the draft.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Yeah, the Eagles had one weakness on defense and it was Safety. So they went out and got one. They are going all in to win a Super Bowl this year. Their defense is going to be tough.
sheesh you make it seem like a memo went out to league GM'S informing them to look at weaknesses on their rosters and try to make their teams better

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
sheesh you make it seem like a memo went out to league GM'S informing them to look at weaknesses on their rosters and try to make their teams better
They literally went out and signed guys other teams didn't want and now they are "stacked". This is not a proven way to win in this league but you guys will see lol.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
They literally went out and signed guys other teams didn't want and now they are "stacked". This is not a proven way to win in this league but you guys will see lol.
that can sometimes be true, but the issues us Cowboys fan have is at least these teams are trying. It has certainly worked for the Rams who have like no draft picks until 2035 and show no real weaknesses on their team. The Iggles are great at doing this as well, but the results haven't been as measurable. I don't get the sense the Jones' use the build from within theory as they lead on, we know it's the "pad our pockets" theory that they are using....not sure I make any sense lol