Twitter: Earl out here teasing us

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
But he might actually come.

If he does, I won’t rub it in. If he doesn’t, we can just say we were both right, even though me saying it was ‘unlikely’ is more accurate than you wrongly believing it was ‘impossible’. I’ll be magnanimous in my victory, either way.
Victory either way? See there, you are trying to have it both ways. You go ahead and speculate. Meanwhile, I know ET is staying in Seattle this year. Next year may be a different story.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Victory either way? See there, you are trying to have it both ways. You go ahead and speculate. Meanwhile, I know ET is staying in Seattle this year. Next year may be a different story.

I am having it both ways, because the two points aren’t mutually exclusive. He can both possibly come here and be likely to remain in Seattle.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I am having it both ways, because the two points aren’t mutually exclusive. He can both possibly come here and be likely to remain in Seattle.
Why are you re-telling me what I just told you? I said you are trying to have it both ways. Now that we have established this fact, can we move on? The sooner we get to "I told you so" the happier I will be.

AmericasTeam81

Reaction score
You’ll be able to get your Dallas Cowboy's ET29 jerseys by the 2nd week of training camp after the trade.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why are you re-telling me what I just told you? I said you are trying to have it both ways. Now that we have established this fact, can we move on? The sooner we get to "I told you so" the happier I will be.

Because I’m not saying that. I’m actually pointing out yet again that you’ve set up a false dichotomy but don’t realize it, so that you’re arguing a point you literally cannot win.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Because I’m not saying that. I’m actually pointing out yet again that you’ve set up a false dichotomy but don’t realize it, so that you’re arguing a point you literally cannot win.
You literally just said you are having both ways. Understood. Move on. ET is still a Seahawk. Told ya so. I win. :D

Johnny23

Reaction score
Disagree all you want, the Seahawks are winning nothing this year. They got worse everywhere on their team after a 9-7 season in 2017. This is a rebuilding year. They don't have a towel to throw in. The teams in their division have already taken it from them.
I'd take KJ Wright and B-Wags over Lee, Smith, and Vander Esch.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I'd take KJ Wright and B-Wags over Lee, Smith, and Vander Esch.

It's close-- but I wouldn't swap them. When Lee is healthy he is as dominant a player as either of those guys (IMO Lee is the smartest LBer in the league in the way he diagnoses and understands what an offense is doing on any given play)-- and both Smith and LVE's ceilings are higher due to their rare athleticism.

Wright and Wagner are proven commodities-- but they have also had the benefit of playing on a talented, loaded defense for years. We'll see how their production fares now that the Hawks are trimming their payroll. Lee has played virtually his whole career being on a mediocre to bottom 1/3 defense year in and year out.

The defense in Dallas is now more stocked with talent than it has been in quite some time. If Lee can stay healthy (huge IF, I realize)-- then this D can really start to carry it's weight. With him healthy last year, they were giving up under 20 points a game and under 100 yards rushing-- both very solid numbers in today's NFL.