Twitter: Earl out here teasing us

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Read the posts. They’re all there in black and white.
Unfortunately, I wasted time reading every word you've written on the topic. Your position is crystal clear and you are still getting that "I told you so" from me when what I've been saying about ET all along comes to fruition.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Got my popcorn ready. The battle of “I told you so” posts. In one corner “Earl Thomas has to come to Dallas” and the other “Xavier Woods will be All Pro safety”.

:popcorn:

Rayman70

Reaction score
Got my popcorn ready. The battle of “I told you so” posts. In one corner “Earl Thomas has to come to Dallas” and the other “Xavier Woods will be All Pro safety”.

no reason both can't happen.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I find it hilarious that someone would try to go the "I told you so!" route on a statement that the other person never made.

:facepalm:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unfortunately, I wasted time reading every word you've written on the topic. Your position is crystal clear and you are still getting that "I told you so" from me when what I've been saying about ET all along comes to fruition.

You can say it all you want, it won’t change the fact of what my position explicitly is. I’ll just point you back at the actual posts since there’s no room for confusion whatsoever.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I find it hilarious that someone would try to go the "I told you so!" route on a statement that the other person never made.

:facepalm:
I do too: I get disagreeing with someone’s point. What I don’t understand is how someone is willfully ignorant to the the point they have to misrepresent what someone is saying, and continues to do so after the point has been clarified/

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do too: I get disagreeing with someone’s point. What I don’t understand is how someone is willfully ignorant to the the point they have to misrepresent what someone is saying, and continues to do so after the point has been clarified/

It serves only to make that person appear to be both ignorant and foolish.

If that was the goal? Mission accomplished!
:thumbup:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You can say it all you want, it won’t change the fact of what my position explicitly is. I’ll just point you back at the actual posts since there’s no room for confusion whatsoever.
Your position is to promote the possibility that ET could soon be a Cowboy. I say that's not in our near future. So we do have differening views. Don't go pretending to play both sides of the argument. I'm going to "told you so" and you are just going to take it when the regular season starts.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
You keep saying this ridiculous nonsense doesn't make it true. Decline or not he is far and away better than any DB on this roster and is in the top 4 safeties in all of football. He made 2nd team all-pro last year. Adding an all pro defender is the right move.
Not anymore he is not. All your adding is a name.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's simple to me. We have to pay Martin, Dak, Elliott and Lawrence. Can't do that and bring in Thomas on the cash he wants.

I see what you're saying but I don't see it as a forgone conclusion that they have to pay Elliott. Firstly, running back is a "chew you up, spit you out" position in today's NFL, and secondly, they have three more years with him under contract if they so choose. By that time, Thomas could be off the books.

Batman1980

Reaction score
I see what you're saying but I don't see it as a forgone conclusion that they have to pay Elliott. Firstly, running back is a "chew you up, spit you out" position in today's NFL, and secondly, they have three more years with him under contract if they so choose. By that time, Thomas could be off the books.

Well I agree a little but what guarantee do we have that the next RB we get will be of Murray/Elliott caliber? I'm one of those that thinks Elliott is going to be a top 5 RB in the NFL for most of his career as long as he keeps his nose clean.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well I agree a little but what guarantee do we have that the next RB we get will be of Murray/Elliott caliber? I'm one of those that thinks Elliott is going to be a top 5 RB in the NFL for most of his career as long as he keeps his nose clean.

He might be, and given the investment, he should be. Tell me what team has invested more heavily in their run game?

And it's not like running backs are that difficult to obtain. Murray just retired, and names like Paterson are still looking for work. Meanwhile, the NFL's leading rusher last year was a third round draft pick. My point is that if they decide to move on from Elliott, a replacement wouldn't be impossible to find.

But again, we've got three years to decide and I'm open to things going either way, not that we have to sign Elliott.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Your position is to promote the possibility that ET could soon be a Cowboy. I say that's not in our near future. So we do have differening views. Don't go pretending to play both sides of the argument. I'm going to "told you so" and you are just going to take it when the regular season starts.

It’s like you don’t understand what the word “possibility” means or something. If something is “possible”, but not likely, and it later turns out it *doesn't* happen, it doesn’t mean it was actually impossible all along. If it’s “cloudy with a chance of rain” and then it doesn’t rain, and you were to run around telling everybody “ha! I told you it couldn’t rain!” Everybody would just think you’re nuts.

If that’s really what you want to do here, be my guest.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Both sides just to make it happen. He obviously wants to be here. I know plenty of Seahawk fans that have pretty much washed their hands of him anyways. I live in Seahawk land and I've heard from more than one fan that they would be more than happy (as a fan base obviously) to take a 2nd for ET.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It’s like you don’t understand what the word “possibility” means or something. If something is “possible”, but not likely, and it later turns out it *doesn't* happen, it doesn’t mean it was actually impossible all along. If it’s “cloudy with a chance of rain” and then it doesn’t rain, and you were to run around telling everybody “ha! I told you it couldn’t rain!” Everybody would just think you’re nuts.

If that’s really what you want to do here, be my guest.
You are the one saying something might happen when it's not. Don't blame me for drumming up the drama. I've been saying this whole time that ET is not coming to Dallas but you insist on getting folks hopes up. That's just wrong to do.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are the one saying something might happen when it's not. Don't blame me for drumming up the drama. I've been saying this whole time that ET is not coming to Dallas but you insist on getting folks hopes up. That's just wrong to do.

But he might actually come.

If he does, I won’t rub it in. If he doesn’t, we can just say we were both right, even though me saying it was ‘unlikely’ is more accurate than you wrongly believing it was ‘impossible’. I’ll be magnanimous in my victory, either way.