Earl Thomas kicked out practice for fighting

Flamma

Reaction score
For a highly paid, all-pro vet to be sent home for a training camp fight sounds serious. There is more to this story. Then the follow tweet on players "supporting and loving" the other safeties. Maybe Dallas finally gets ET on the cheap after he is released?

Unless they can void his contract, he's not getting released with that dead cap.

Carson

Reaction score
i guess his huge cost and falling off play doesnt matter. Reports say he struggled last year and didnt like criticism from other coaches and layers and this was coming.. no we made the right move not making the move.. he was too long in the tooth and had injuries' the last few years, on the decline ..no way..

did his fire help the ravens in the playoffs....ill wait..:rolleyes:o_O;)

I think his style of play just clashes with how the Ravens do things. Multiple reports that he would just roam and be out of position

Adreme

Reaction score
Not sure about the Dallas thing but I agree for them to send him home is odd considering he's an all-pro vet like you said.

Marlon Humphrey was an all pro last year and he had a similar incident last year in training camp. I tend not to question how the Ravens run their team because they seem to consistently meet or exceed expectations which I honestly put on them being one of the best coached teams in the NFL.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
NFL Zone...

Also, yesterday I replayed Baltimore’s loss to the Browns last year and boy did ET look like slow trash. There were at least 5 plays that he got washed out of or simply burned (Chubb’s long run that ET gave up on).

Carson

Reaction score

So we aren't interested, but could be interested. Lmao so over the ET saga if it happens again

Adreme

Reaction score
Going to be tough. His cap hit would be pretty high.

Though they can manage it if his backup is on a cheap deal still

I do not know how they can. I just looked and they have 7 million in cap space and releasing him costs an additional 10 million against the cap so short of a rework they cannot really fit cutting him under the cap. Realistically he gets cut after next offseason to save 12 million on the cap.

Adreme

Reaction score
i guess his huge cost and falling off play doesnt matter. Reports say he struggled last year and didnt like criticism from other coaches and layers and this was coming.. no we made the right move not making the move.. he was too long in the tooth and had injuries' the last few years, on the decline ..no way..

did his fire help the ravens in the playoffs....ill wait..:rolleyes:o_O;)

I mean the Ravens problem in the palyoffs was that the two people whom the offense runs through (Andrews and Ingram) were injured and the defensive line was not very good so they got beat by the only running team in the playoffs (so add in a bad matchup as well). Basically none of that is something that ET could really do anything about.

Really the reason the Ravens were likely frustrated with Thomas is that Thomas likes to roam and the Ravens defense is all about structure so those two ideals do not gel well together.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

So we aren't interested, but could be interested. Lmao so over the ET saga if it happens again

Look at it this way, 2 players looking to rehab their careers. You never know but remember signing him would likely kick some current starter to the bench. Is he worth that??????
Aldon Smith fell in our lap.....cheap
Griffen fell in our lap.....cheap

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I mean the Ravens problem in the palyoffs was that the two people whom the offense runs through (Andrews and Ingram) were injured and the defensive line was not very good so they got beat by the only running team in the playoffs (so add in a bad matchup as well). Basically none of that is something that ET could really do anything about.

Really the reason the Ravens were likely frustrated with Thomas is that Thomas likes to roam and the Ravens defense is all about structure so those two ideals do not gel well together.

You would think they would have known this BEFORE signing him ........

Carson

Reaction score
How do you 'manage' a $25 million cap hit for a safety not on your team?

Simply was implying more so that if they can work around it, they have Clark and Elliott. They would not have to seek out signing another player or trading. According to a few Ravens guys, they are saying with conduct detrimental to team, could allow some relief on the cap hit. But the most credible source on that I found was La Conforna.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unless they can void his contract, he's not getting released with that dead cap.

:hammer:

The Ravens only way out is proving 'conduct detrimental', and that would probably involve a court battle when you're talking about that much money.

Looks to me like they all got themselves stuck.

Carson

Reaction score
A realease would shock me.

$25 million cap hit in dead money. The Ravens don't typically make such monumental mistakes. At least they never did under Ozzie Newsome.

Don’t think it will be the full 25 million hit. If it’s for fighting they can maneuver around some of that hit