Earl Thomas kicked out practice for fighting

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Its 2 men having a scuffle in camp. This is really news. If you are a competitor you fought your best friends on the court or on a field. If they cut him over this they need to fire the gm.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I mean the Ravens problem in the palyoffs was that the two people whom the offense runs through (Andrews and Ingram) were injured and the defensive line was not very good so they got beat by the only running team in the playoffs (so add in a bad matchup as well). Basically none of that is something that ET could really do anything about.

Really the reason the Ravens were likely frustrated with Thomas is that Thomas likes to roam and the Ravens defense is all about structure so those two ideals do not gel well together.
OK GARETT, EXCUSES..ITS PROCESS..

give me a break dude, hes not been fitting in and his price tag and age says it was mistake when you miss out on deep playoff run,.,its the only reason to make move like that and its fail now..we were NOT in that postion at the time..

Carson

Reaction score
Its 2 men having a scuffle in camp. This is really news. If you are a competitor you fought your best friends on the court or on a field. If they cut him over this they need to fire the gm.

It’s deeper than that it seems. ET goes hard all of the time (no pun intended on that) in practice and games and seems to not go well other guys on the team. They also seem to like Elliott’s play. They did the same with Chuck Clark becoming the starter.

It doesn’t seem like Thomas is well liked amongst his teammates.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't lie...I wish Dallas had made a serious run at ET. They haven't had his kinda fire or attitude on defense in decades. The whole tenor of the team would be different with him in the locker room.

Oh well...I'm sure this will blow over as just another camp altercation. The Ravens are loaded and should be tough to beat (as usual).

I agree. It was odd that we were never connected to him as a possible suitor.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, Stash....what if you have to bench him for a better player?

Then you're still busting your cap on a player sitting and brooding on the bench and clearly crating a negative vibe in your locker room. If it's been that bad, you just cut him and maneuver your cap some other way.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
It’s deeper than that it seems. ET goes hard all of the time (no pun intended on that) in practice and games and seems to not go well other guys on the team. They also seem to like Elliott’s play. They did the same with Chuck Clark becoming the starter.

It doesn’t seem like Thomas is well liked amongst his teammates.
Sounds like they are soft

Adreme

Reaction score
OK GARETT, EXCUSES..ITS PROCESS..

give me a break dude, hes not been fitting in and his price tag and age says it was mistake when you miss out on deep playoff run,.,its the only reason to make move like that and its fail now..we were NOT in that postion at the time..

Make sure to pick up all the straw you dropped on the ground from that strawman argument.

Reasons are not excuses. I cannot run a 4.2 40. If you asked me to do something that required it, I would give you that answer as to why I could not and that would not be an excuse that would be a reason I cannot do the thing in question. They had a bad matchup at a bad time (if they had faced them 1 week later then both Andrews and Ingram are more ready to play), and they could not overcome that.It happens to teams every year. In the playoffs the healthiest team wins.

Meanwhile, ET did not fit well with the Ravens defense, but still had a productive year and was certainly playing very well. Basically, after trading for Peters, and having Jimmy Smith come back from injury, the Ravens had the best secondary for the last 10ish games of the season and you will tolerate a lot when the results are speaking for themselves. They are also not going to go over the cap to make themselves a worse team.

bewp7

Reaction score
good hope the ravens are dump and cut him and come home earl

cowboys need a leader like that more then any one