Earl Thomas kicked out practice for fighting

blueblood70

Reaction score
Make sure to pick up all the straw you dropped on the ground from that strawman argument.

Reasons are not excuses. I cannot run a 4.2 40. If you asked me to do something that required it, I would give you that answer as to why I could not and that would not be an excuse that would be a reason I cannot do the thing in question. They had a bad matchup at a bad time (if they had faced them 1 week later then both Andrews and Ingram are more ready to play), and they could not overcome that.It happens to teams every year. In the playoffs the healthiest team wins.

Meanwhile, ET did not fit well with the Ravens defense, but still had a productive year and was certainly playing very well. Basically, after trading for Peters, and having Jimmy Smith come back from injury, the Ravens had the best secondary for the last 10ish games of the season and you will tolerate a lot when the results are speaking for themselves. They are also not going to go over the cap to make themselves a worse team.
its turned out to be a bad move..trust me they will tell you behind closed doors..rumor's started at the end of the year last year about the not fitting..so bad move.. sorry your mancrush on an aged out ET you wanted to overpay to have him come here has clouded your judgement,..Im glad we didnt make that move..i was before and even more now..if he would have walked in here without a huge draft pick and played for 8mil, sure..not what they paid..

on the flipside even Adams would have been too steep but at least hes young healthy and you can get some years out of him in his prime..

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Ravens would first look to dump him in a trade. They probably wouldn't even need much in exchange unless their is a bidding war.

2020 $10 million (guaranteed)
2021 $11 million
2022 $12 million

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ravens would first look to dump him in a trade. They probably wouldn't even need much in exchange unless their is a bidding war.

2020 $10 million (guaranteed)
2021 $11 million
2022 $12 million

Nobody would trade for him at this point.

He's in full meltdown.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How is this Cowboys related?

Oh, Earl Thomas was a guy that came up to Jason Garrett a few years ago saying "come get me". And the Cowboys nearly did just that, almost trading for him two years ago.

They then had interest in free agency last year, but the Ravens made a much higher offer to sign him.

But there has been interest in this player for quite a while.

Flamma

Reaction score
Don’t think it will be the full 25 million hit. If it’s for fighting they can maneuver around some of that hit

That's never going to happen over a scuffle. That clause in their contracts is for serious stuff. There is no way they get away with not paying him his 2020 salary over a fight. Or even a portion of it without his approval.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Same here.

At this point, with everything that's going on with him both on and off the field, I think I'd just leave well enough alone and keep the players we have.

Thomas seems toxic at this point.

With last year's team, players, and coaches, we were begging for his leadership. A different situation now....night and day.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With last year's team, players, and coaches, we were begging for his leadership. A different situation now....night and day.

For the player as well. Went from being a leader in Seattle to being a negative influence on and off the field. And a mess in his personal life.

It looks like a guy whose life is going off the rails.