Earl Thomas speaks

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
@Risen Star this morning
setting_the_hook.gif
He is the master no doubt about it!

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
But seriously though youd have to think of the confadence level of the youngsters if you sign Earl. The cowboys have already expressed their trust in that group.

So far they are having a great camp also and the earlier they are thrown into the fire the more experience and better they get.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I want a deal to happen, but not at the cost of overpaying.

If it's truly about "security" for him, the Cowboys can offer him a multi-year deal with big money guaranteed for injury. 4-years, $40 million, with half of it guaranteed.

If, by "security", he means resetting the safety market above $13 million a year? That's not "security", that's greed. And I'm not interested in doing that.
I’d be all over 4yr40, 20guar, amigo. Would be an amazing get at that price!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unfortunately he doesn’t want to face option 3.
The Seahawks keep him this year and let him leave as a FA after the season.

It seems strange for the Seahawks to just let him walk for nothing. But it also seems strange for us to give up a valuable draft pick to have someone 16 weeks before you can have him for free.

I think that "option 3" might be a bit different than him simply showing up and playing the year. Keep in mind that he only needs to show up for 6 games I need 2018 to earn his freedom in 2019. And doing so would hurt his value, and the value of any comp pick the Seahawks might acquire. That does neither side any good.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But seriously though youd have to think of the confadence level of the youngsters if you sign Earl. The cowboys have already expressed their trust in that group.

So far they are having a great camp also and the earlier they are thrown into the fire the more experience and better they get.

I haven't read about any of the safeties "having a great camp" thus far, where did you see that?

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I haven't read about any of the safeties "having a great camp" thus far, where did you see that?
Yeah, as nice as XWoods might be, the notion of ET being some sort of road block to this S group is lost on me. It’s all ragtag for us at S at this point... and yes, I know XWoods is a pet cat for a lot of our posters here.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are other reports they have interest. They were also considered the second team during the draft interested in a trade. There is nothing but pure speculation and media hype the cowboys are actually interested. What we have as far as fact is Stephen saying several times they are not pursuing him. Maybe this is a ploy by ET to drive up his price for the Hawks to pay him.

Seriously?

Look, I know that this is a deal that you don't want to happen, and I'm fine with you having that position, but are you really going to try to warp reality to fit what you hope doesn't happen?

Are you really trying to convince yourself and anyone else that there is no evidence of Dallas' interest and that it is "pure speculation"? That crosses over into delusional territory.

aria

Reaction score
Aria, my friend, lots of players sit out. Hell, Bosa was just a couple years ago and he’s a hell of a team player. ET was a team leader on the Legion of Boom SB team. He has commanded the utmost respect from his teammates.

Him holding out is nothing new from players, even respected players, and I don’t think it’s fair to jump to such drastic conclusions over such an instance, my friend :)

Goes to show us how awesome Tank is, but he seems to be the exception rather than the rule, these days. I’m not gonna judge ET over this. But that’s just moi
It’s much more than just that. The sitting out along with coming over after a game and asking the Cowboys to come get him is classless and doesn’t seem like a team player.

He’s already addressed the Seahawks, Cowboys and public with what he wants several times. His apparent need to keep reiterating himself has become old.

He’s 29, has a slight injury history, and wants a big contract. It can also be argued much of his success was in large part due to the top caliber players he was surrounded by.

It just cracks me up how many people here have been talking about what a great job the FO has done with in house talent through drafting and avoiding big contracts, especially to players that have potentially peaked and are on the downside. Now they’re all giddy about possibly repeating the same mistake that got us in salary cap hell to begin with.

Granted, we obviously don’t know what we would give up but I’m not as excited about him as everyone else is for the reasons mentioned above. I hope Seattle doesn’t trade him or he gets traded to a bad team. He won’t sit out, let’s see how he holds up this year and then get him when he becomes a FA if he’s still worth it.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I don't see a long term deal in Dallas making much sense if we're to keep getting younger. And that's what he's asking Seattle for.
I wouldn't be against a 1 or 2 year deal.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, as nice as XWoods might be, the notion of ET being some sort of road block to this S group is lost on me. It’s all ragtag at S at this point, and yes, I know XWoods is a pet cat for a lot of our posters here.

I hope for great things for the guy too, I just haven't heard of much about him and haven't seen anything one way or another.

But the fact is that having Thomas back there would allow this team the advantage of playing single high safety coverages a great deal. That gives them another player available underneath and a huge scheme advantage.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It might be just a matter of time before one steps up. I just hope we don't allow ourselves to get suckered and overpay dearly for him.

Barring injury, if they haven't stepped up already, I don't expect them to. And I think they all also realize his affinity for the Cowboys and know that they also have to compete with that (meaning paying him more money to compensate). I don't see anyone lining up to do that.