Earl Thomas Was A Cancer

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
never heard anyone say that about him.
the cowboys didn't want to pay $32M for what will likely be a 2-year deal. can't blame them on that.

John813

Reaction score
never heard anyone say that about him.
the cowboys didn't want to pay $32M for what will likely be a 2-year deal. can't blame them on that.

That's 32 mil in salary, if I read the tweets about his deal right, but curious what the cap hit would be for those 2 years.
I've had the opinion that they are now cheap cap hit wise, but salary wise they don't mind giving out big signing bonuses/restructures which means more real money to the player(s) asap.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
That's 32 mil in salary, if I read the tweets about his deal right, but curious what the cap hit would be for those 2 years.
I've had the opinion that they are now cheap cap hit wise, but salary wise they don't mind giving out big signing bonuses/restructures which means more real money to the player(s) asap.

yeah i'm not sure how the deal is structured. but i doubt he sees the final 2 years of the deal. it just allows baltimore to spread the $ out a little more, but there will be dead money, and they will end up paying $32M for (likely) 2 years.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

$7 mil and $15 mil.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
And he fell into the Pro Bowl for three straight years?

:huh:

Their defense's was so good that the game "hid Weddle's issues" and still finished at the top of the league?

And apparently, the Rams still don't see the "issues" that you do, because they jumped on signing him before free agency even started.

Come on now.
I cant believe you made me say this. Dak made the pro bowl this year as well. I live in the Baltimore area the Ravens let him go because he cannot cover anymore. Follow the money man. He got 5 million guaranteed. Earl got 32 million.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I cant believe you made me say this. Dak made the pro bowl this year as well. I live in the Baltimore area the Ravens let him go because he cannot cover anymore. Follow the money man. He got 5 million guaranteed. Earl got 32 million.

Now you're trying to say something different.

I realize that Weddle is on the downside of his career, but the fact is that he played well in Baltimore.

And before you try to create another Strawman to try to avoid being wrong, nobody said today's Weddle is better than Earl Thomas.

glimmerman

Reaction score
After I saw how he treated his team by chasing down our HC after the game. I mean he chased him all the way into the tunnel, Lol almost to our locker room. Then flicking the bird towards the side lines after his injury. That was the first word that came to my mind. Like TO sort of. Someone that may divide the locker room.

He will collect his 22 million and leave. And they will be stuck paying him the other 10 of his guaranteed.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I cant wait for Heath to be getting lit up like a freaking Christmas tree this year so I can bump this thread and say, "at least Heath is not a cancer, even though he has given up 3 TDs today"

Going to be EPIC:laugh:

:rolleyes:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Thomas will only cost them $7 million this year, but then the cost jumps way up to $15 million in 2020 and $16 million in 2021. They can cut him loose the last year of the deal with just $5 million in dead money.

Unlike us, they realized that having a cheap rookie quarterback deal allows you a few years of flexibility elsewhere

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Now you're trying to say something different.

I realize that Weddle is on the downside of his career, but the fact is that he played well in Baltimore.

And before you try to create another Strawman to try to avoid being wrong, nobody said today's Weddle is better than Earl Thomas.
He is a free safety. Woods is better then Weddle. Especially at 645k compared to 5 million. Weddle is nothing to cry about.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is a free safety. Woods is better then Weddle. Especially at 645k compared to 5 million. Weddle is nothing to cry about.

Weddle can play either safety.

And again, don't try to make **** up to try to look smart, you only look dumber. Nobody mentioned signing Weddle NOW, so nobody is "crying" about anything. The original point was that he would have been a good signing THEN, which obviously bore itself out with him making the Pro Bowl for three years and being part of a top-rated Ravens defense. Which we toil away with stiffs who can't play like Jeff Heath.

John813

Reaction score
Thomas will only cost them $7 million this year, but then the cost jumps way up to $15 million in 2020 and $16 million in 2021. They can cut him loose the last year of the deal with just $5 million in dead money.

Unlike us, they realized that having a cheap rookie quarterback deal allows you a few years of flexibility elsewhere
$7 mil and $15 mil.

Thank you guys. Didn't see that the numbers got leaked that fast for cap breakdown.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
He doesn't come to Dallas he's a cancer....if Dallas signs him its the best move in FA....unbelievable:facepalm: