Early Game Day Thread

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
You don’t get a big investment on offensive line when all the money tied up on your QB. They spoke about it earlier and most here continue to not understand that you need to win with QB on rookie deal so money can go around. You don’t get to have your cake and eat it too as that’s on dak to get the ball out like puffy is doing on this game. That’s the only way we have a defense that is obviously needed bc we’ve tried with all our money on offense and we don’t win shootouts as proof over last seven years and even before that with Romo.
it was a simple ask by the OP, plenty of threads this is a raging discussion in.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Could happen.
But the Giants have one of the worst secondaries in the league. Very exploitable IF we are up for it.
I like a rookie left guard. A running game should not falter today.

shabazz

Reaction score
You don’t get a big investment on offensive line when all the money tied up on your QB. They spoke about it earlier and most here continue to not understand that you need to win with QB on rookie deal so money can go around. You don’t get to have your cake and eat it too as that’s on dak to get the ball out like puffy is doing on this game. That’s the only way we have a defense that is obviously needed bc we’ve tried with all our money on offense and we don’t win shootouts as proof over last seven years and even before that with Romo.
I’m with you brother. i believe it’s common knowledge that the Niners are stronger than us in the trenches so I’ve asked the brethren here to tell me exactly how we’ve closed that gap other than the addition of rookie Mazi………all I got was crickets and one dude telling me they aren’t better in the trenches

The ONE “X- Factor” that can overcome a scenario like this is an elite quarterback. Joe Burrow did it for years with arguably one of the worst offensive lines

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I’m with you brother. i believe it’s common knowledge that the Niners are stronger than us in the trenches so I’ve asked the brethren here to tell me exactly how we’ve closed that gap other than the addition of rookie Mazi………all I got was crickets and one dude telling me they aren’t better in the trenches

The ONE “X- Factor” that can overcome a scenario like this is an elite quarterback. Joe Burrow did it for years with arguably one of the worst offensive lines
simple ask by the OP, lets not derail this thread..

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Seems there are always some weird results in week one, now that so many starters don't play in preseason.

At least the Steelers showed signs of life before halftime.

blueblood70

Reaction score
New qb money record deals

Joe Burrow6/143600

Lamar Jackson7/116001

who else I would love for our fan base to comment on those dudes super record money and first game first half statistics since it means they're gonna have a losing year and they suck because game ones they should come out and they should just be earning their money... :facepalm: Isn't that what they said about Prescott game one last year broke his hand came back went to the second round of the playoffs but they judged him on interceptions alone and production on his contract how about these two??

Who else am I missing like got new deals the last six weeks?? I'll be sure to keep up with it since you dudes need to make sure we bookmark some of the comments on Prescott and how these two are better than him..

Lamar Jackson is a $250 million running back who can throw pretty well.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
The Saints are suppose to be a new and improved start for Carr, but he isn't looking great so far.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
He's only the highest paid until the next QB in line inks his new deal. It's the way it works.

But in his defense, the conditions are bad. Rainy and windy. And for some reason he always struggles against the browns.
Yep, Trevor Lawrence probably next in line for a huge deal.

blueblood70

Reaction score
come on blue lets keep the Cowboys QB out of the early game thread.
Well I didn't know about the rule somebody just told me about it but I will but I could still talk about how crappy the other quarterbacks are playing can I not? Seems fair that all these $250 million record setting quarterback should be shamed just like everyone else.. I did not know about the rule but I got it now it's game one even for fans