Early Game Thread

DallasDomination

Reaction score
All that hate on Goff and now look. All the analysts are back peddling like crazy right now. Oh yeah now we have to wait and see.. you jumped off the wagon one game in stop pretending.

Just like the people jumping off dak over a few average games.. so what. Last year doesn't count? Bringing us back against aaron freaking Rodgers in his first playoff game?

Romo would of folded his first couple years from the pressure. It took years for Romo to have the mental confidence that dak has had now.

kevm3

Reaction score
The key with Goff is that he has a completely new coaching staff that knows what to do with a rookie. Fisher already ruined Vince Young's Career and Goff was well under way to looking like a bust as well until they brought the new coach. It makes me wonder what our offense would look like with a creative coach. Talentwise, we are stacked on the offense. If we had the proper play-calling, we'd look much better. To be honest, I'd much rather have Garrett in the front office than on the field as a coach. Our talent acquisition has gotten much better, but I feel we are underutilizing our players.

Carson

Reaction score
And not spending a penny on any quality FA instead shopping for the Nolan Carroll's and Demontre Moore's of the world isn't working either.

They better change how they approach FA this offseason or they are going to be staring up at the Eagles again and again and again.

I don’t think it’s about the money as it is with the players.

There were guys signing cheap deals that could make a difference. Look at Patrick Robinson in Philly, Zach Brown and DJ Swearinger in Washington. All signed cheap deals and are having great seasons.

We get the guys like Carroll, who was torched nearly every play, Paea who hasn’t had a good season since his Chicago days playing on multiple teams, Moore facing a suspension and a meh player.

Eagles signed Robinson for a 1 year, 775,000 contract. Dude has 3 picks.

We signed Carroll to a three year, ten million contract. He had 5 tackles.

We try to make a David Irving story of has beens and never was guys.

Sydla

Reaction score

There were guys signing cheap deals that could make a difference. Look at Patrick Robinson in Philly, Zach Brown and DJ Swearinger in Washington. All signed cheap deals and are having great seasons.

We get the guys like Carroll, who was torched nearly every play, Paea who hasn’t had a good season since his Chicago days playing on multiple teams, Moore facing a suspension and a meh player.

I think they are scared to death of screwing their cap over. They went from stupidly aggressive in FA to woefully conservative.

I think you are spot on with your last part............... they hit on Irving so they think that method is the way to do it and that they are so much smarter than anyone else that they are going to hit at a higher rate than other teams at turning other team's trash into winners.

It's failing, even taking into account they hit on Irving.

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
Two luckiest people in the NFL: Joe Flacco and Josh McCown

One had one insane postseason but is actually a bum. The other got pulled out of high school football coaching by Marc Trestman and has played something like 5 seasons since. Insane.

Zordon

Reaction score

Insanity...especially when Carroll came for a visit last year, went back to the Eagles and said he didn't feel right in Dallas. Why did we try to force this bum on us is sickening.

DFWJC

Reaction score
All that hate on Goff and now look. All the analysts are back peddling like crazy right now. Oh yeah now we have to wait and see.. you jumped off the wagon one game in stop pretending.

Just like the people jumping off dak over a few average games.. so what. Last year doesn't count? Bringing us back against aaron freaking Rodgers in his first playoff game?

Romo would of folded his first couple years from the pressure. It took years for Romo to have the mental confidence that dak has had now.
What the F are you babbling about?
:lmao:
Wth does Tony freakin Romo have to do with today's NFL early game thread?

Why do some here feel the need to make it Dak vs Tony all time...both ways.
Why cant we just appreciate them both:facepalm:

HungryLion

Reaction score
Maybe this is why the NFL ratings are down

vS30sOS.jpg

This is a big part of the problem.

There are so many time slots that hold games nowadays. Sundays. 1pm and 4pm and Sunday night. Then Monday night and Thursday night. There aren’t enough good teams/matchups to fill all these slots. So you get stuck with slop games.

Step 1: Get rid of Thursday night games except on thanksgiving.

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
This is a big part of the problem.

There are so many time slots that hold games nowadays. Sundays. 1pm and 4pm and Sunday night. Then Monday night and Thursday night. There aren’t enough good teams/matchups to fill all these slots. So you get stuck with slop games.

Step 1: Get rid of Thursday night games except on thanksgiving.
That's a comment refrain. I agree. Thursday is superfluous and hurting the product.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
it's ama

QB is not the problem in Dallas. Wentz wouldn't have changed this team around. The problem is that garbage defense
My envy for the Eagles is not really about Wentz. It is their
What the F are you babbling about?
:lmao:
Wth does Tony freakin Romo have to do with today's NFL early game thread?

Why do some here feel the need to make it Dak vs Tony all time...both ways.
Why cant we just appreciate them both:facepalm:
Oh yeah?

Romo.

Discuss.