Early Game Thread

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Why oh why couldn't we have faced Brock when we played them :laugh:
Watching Brock and Savage play we should be to fleece Denver OR Houston out of a couple of #1's for Cooper rush............oh, wait.....we have "trader Jer"..............we would be the ones getting fleeced.

pitt33

Reaction score
In 1992 the Cowboys had an elite franchise QB who was about to usher in a dynasty playing flawlessly in the post-season.

He should know better.
I’m well aware of that. This FO doesn’t value the most critical positions on a football team.

Quarterback being one.

And Safety. And defense in general. It’s maddening.

Aven8

Reaction score
The Cowboys went from aggressive spending to frugal. There's a whole void there in the middle which is probably where you want to be but even then you have to make the right decisions.

That's Jerry and now Stephen.

Maybe we should try Jerry Jr or Spaulding next?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Can't tell if you're serious.
khvzXEe.gif

Zordon

Reaction score
All the more reason we should have done it. They don't have to worry about their jobs.

I'm in a weird place. Zeke Elliott may be my favorite player of all time but Carson Wentz should be a Cowboy. That position is just much more important.
Carson with our defense and trainee HC is not the same Carson you see on the Eagles.

If the Cowboys front office could find a clue about building a defense similar to the Eagles, hell just give me half what they have, then you will see that Dak/Zeke is sufficient to win a Super Bowl.

ghst187

Reaction score
Even Red Zone isn't worth watching today these games are so bad.

Papa Johns will go out of business if this keeps up.
Lesser teams, lesser football

Sydla

Reaction score
We spent well over a decade swinging for the fences in the draft and signing big free agents and it got us nowhere.

And not spending a penny on any quality FA instead shopping for the Nolan Carroll's and Demontre Moore's of the world isn't working either.

They better change how they approach FA this offseason or they are going to be staring up at the Eagles again and again and again.

kevm3

Reaction score
it's ama
I’m well aware of that. This FO doesn’t value the most critical positions on a football team.

Quarterback being one.

And Safety. And defense in general. It’s maddening.

QB is not the problem in Dallas. Wentz wouldn't have changed this team around. The problem is that garbage defense

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
it's ama

QB is not the problem in Dallas. Wentz wouldn't have changed this team around. The problem is that garbage defense
Right. I think Wentz in Dallas would look more like Romo in Dallas than Dak and Dallas, but empirically the results are still the same.