Early Game Thread

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys went from aggressive spending to frugal. There's a whole void there in the middle which is probably where you want to be but even then you have to make the right decisions.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
By not calling Cleveland and making a deal.

I shouldn't have to spell this out for you. Sound it out.
We don't play ball in today's NFL.

There are a lot of GMs who fear for their jobs and are compelled to swing for the fences.

Jones, nor his son, can relate to them.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I want to see the Rams put up 60+ on the Giants. So much for that $100M on defense. Or was it $200M. Back to the drawing board for the Giants on defense. And .offense

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Julio Jones was 5 yards behind the defense on 4th down, Ryan put the ball right there (in the end zone), Jones dropped it.

Just a ridiculous drop, and it probably put the game in the bag for Carolina.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The Cowboys went from aggressive spending to frugal. There's a whole void there in the middle which is probably where you want to be but even then you have to make the right decisions.
This is Stephen Jones being an accountant. It is not about talent acquisition.

Sydla

Reaction score
The Eagles, Rams and Falcons are showing how important coaching is in this league and why I think we are handcuffed ourselves.

Pederson and his staff have done a fantastic job and it's showing. Look at the effect the new staff in LA has had. And the Falcons are an abortion offensively given they lost Shanahan.

If this season ends up with another missed playoff appearance, this franchise better take a long and hard look at their coaching staff.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

There are a lot of GMs who fear for their jobs and are compelled to swing for the fences.

All the more reason we should have done it. They don't have to worry about their jobs.

I'm in a weird place. Zeke Elliott may be my favorite player of all time but Carson Wentz should be a Cowboy. That position is just much more important.

TWOK11

Reaction score

We spent well over a decade swinging for the fences in the draft and signing big free agents and it got us nowhere.