Early games thread

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Russell Wilson and Cam Newton starting to make me wonder if the wave of the future for NFL QBs <is> read-option guys...

The duel threat they provide passing/running is hard to defend. Years ago if a QB could run they usually weren't very efficient passers but Wilson and Cam can kill you with their arm and legs.

Proximo

Reaction score
He brings up a good question. I don't think we have much attitude.

Back in Johnson's day, we did have a swagger. Those were hungry Miami kids. The coaches were once recruiters and understood the personalities.

I don't think a Garrett team would ever understand that, even though he seems to think he can explain that to them textbook-style.

1st, he doesn't bring up a good anything. He's a troll and should be banned.

2nd, did we not have attitude/swagger last year? Those qualities don't lead to winning...they're a byproduct of winning.

perrykemp

Reaction score
The duel threat they provide passing/running is hard to defend. Years ago if a QB could run they usually weren't very efficient passers but Wilson and Cam can kill you with their arm and legs.

Last 3 NFC QBs in the Superbowl where read option guys to a certain extent:

2012: Kaepernick
2013: Wilson
2014: Wilson

Wouldn't be shocked is this year it was 4 in a row if Wilson / Newton make it.

Last edited:

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Russel Wilson was never a read option QB. He was in a power run scheme at Wisconsin and plays almost the same scheme now. He's a mobile guy, but very rarely runs any read option.

erod

Reaction score
Russell Wilson and Cam Newton starting to make me wonder if the wave of the future for NFL QBs <is> read-option guys...

If so, count me out on the NFL. I can watch high school ball on Fridays and have more time on the weekend.

You may be right as the talent pool dries up with kids opting not to play football in the immediate future.

Cmac

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm glad Dez just pouts and gets shutdown instead of standing up for himself and balling.

....Adam Schefter impersonation: League sources say OBJ will get a one game suspension for the hit to the head.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Last 3 NFC QBs in the Superbowl where read option guys to a certain extent:

2012: Kaepernick
2013: Wilson
2014: Wilson

Wouldn't be shocked is this year it was 4 in a row if Wilson / Newton make it.

Unfortunately for Kap he's not a consistent passer causing him to flame out.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Dallas is drafting fifth as of now so unless Jerry is a complete moron, he should get a blue chip player, but we're talking about Jerry, he'll probably trade down for some second and fourth round picks

This team has been very good at drafting the past few years. Not sure I follow why you would think he is going to screw it up all of a sudden

Proximo

Reaction score
This team has been very good at drafting the past few years. Not sure I follow why you would think he is going to screw it up all of a sudden

This.

There's plenty of valid complaints fans can make about this team, considering the way things have gone recently. Yet people still feel the need to make stuff up.