Early games thread

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Rivers seems to get an incredible amount of Love and his failures always get pushed off under the "lack of support" carpet... Not so sure he's not a bit overrated... Dude makes a lot of bad decisions and is wildly inconsistent... Never a fan of his shotputtin' ***

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Rivers seems to get an incredible amount of Love and his failures always get pushed off under the "lack of support" carpet... Not so sure he's not a bit overrated... Dude makes a lot of bad decisions and is wildly inconsistent... Never a fan of his shotputtin' ***

He's like the west coast version of Romo, minus the lone AFC Championship appearance.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
2ND part isnt true at all

It's 100% true! You always have a chance in the playoffs. The Giants won the SB as a wildcard in 2007 beating the #1 seed Cowboys and won the SB in 2011 with a 9-7 regular season record, becoming the only team to ever accomplish that. The Packers won the SB after a 10-6 record in 2010 with a bunch of players on IR.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Are you kidding? Do you see what WRs he has this season? Can you name one in the past five years not named Gates?

perrykemp

Reaction score

Ultimately I think he and Romo will be grouped together when people look back at QBs of this era.

Romo has a couple of points on Rivers in QB rating (97 vs 95). Rivers got himself to the playoffs more and further.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
First time I saw it was last week.
I think parcells and belicheck have used it. Parcells loved special teams.

Another fun one is that if they try to down a punt, and touch it but don't possess it, then you cannot try to scoop it and never lose possession no matter what. I don't know why teams don't try a few laterals in that scenario. Sure it may feel silly or pointless but that's how you can surprise teams.

Apparently you see so many field goals returned for scores Bc the kicking team gets lazy and stars to drift towards their sideline as the ball is In The air. Leaving the entire other side of the field open.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Browns just lost the number one pick. SF in control.