Early games thread

mldardy

Reaction score
actually I am not claiming anything other than they have scored 502 points and are going to be a very difficult matchup with whoever they face because of their balance and the fact that they put the ball in the end zone.

the rest is you assuming because I guess you are looking for an argument.

I am simply saying I respect that offense. Whoever plays them will have their hands full on defense.
Not true. You said 502 points speaks for themselves. No it doesn't. Scoring a lot of points means very little. What also means very little is that it's Matt Ryan as the QB. That guy has not done anything to be afraid of except come up short. And as I said earlier in this thread why it is every team that comes up or gets hot is going to be a difficult matchup for us. Do you think it's going to be easy for Atlanta. Also the hot team that is always going to be a test for us has lost to us and sometimes badly. The Falcons will be no different. They don't have an answer for our offense, running game, offensive line, etc.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
The 1998 Vikings were as feared as these Falcons but we're undone, ironically, by the Falcons who played a ball-controlled offense.

I like our chances.

Eh, they were undone by Cunningham missing some big throws and their kicker missing.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
But they also have a horrible defense that Dallas can control the clock on and keep their offense off the field.

They don't have the defense necessary to do what it takes to beat this team. We all say "Dallas doesn't want to get into a shootout" but it's actually impossible with their style of play. Games are over too quickly.

People in Atlanta care more about the SEC championship game in that building than the Falcons.

Getting a new stadium, but people will want to see the concerts in it more.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Not true. You said 502 points speaks for themselves. No it doesn't. Scoring a lot of points means very little. What also means very little is that it's Matt Ryan as the QB. That guy has not done anything to be afraid of except come up short. And as I said earlier in this thread why it is every team that comes up or gets hot is going to be a difficult matchup for us. Do you think it's going to be easy for Atlanta. Also the hot team that is always going to be a test for us has lost to us and sometimes badly. The Falcons will be no different. They don't have an answer for our offense, running game, offensive line, etc.

ok. Have a good one.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
People in Atlanta care more about the SEC championship game in that building than the Falcons.

Getting a new stadium, but people will want to see the concerts in it more.

The Georgia Dome will be a packed house for the playoffs though.

Fans that could not even tell you who their head coach is will pack that stadium.

Just like it was during the "Dirty Birds" year.

Easily the most fair weather NFL city I have ever seen.

Alexander

Reaction score
They just showed a shot of J.J. Watt on the sideline.

He looks like he weighs 250 at best.

Alexander

Reaction score
Interesting.

They just had a 30 sec split screen TV time out for Gatorade.

Can't saw I have seen that before.

I know they were talking about mini-TV timeouts.

DFWJC

Reaction score
like losing Aikman in 91
A little, I guess.
As you know...
Oakland only has only one more game until the playoffs.
Dallas only 7-5 when Aikman went down...and then proceeded to win 4 straight without him.
Oakland is 12-3!
Aikman was healthy for the playoffs but Dallas stayed with the backup...and won again.
They then put in Troy in the 1st half of the next game when losing 17-6....and ended up losing 34-6.

Ughhh

The good news is that real Cowboys run started the next year.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Interesting.

They just had a 30 sec split screen TV time out for Gatorade.

Can't saw I have seen that before.

I know they were talking about mini-TV timeouts.

Yeah I think I like though. I'll delay a game on my dvr on purpose just to miss the commericals.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
A little, I guess.
As you know...
Oakland only has only one more game until the playoffs.
Dallas only 7-5 when Aikman went down...and then proceeded to win 4 straight without him.
Oakland is 12-3!
Aikman was healthy for the playoffs but Dallas stayed with the backup...and won again.
They then put in Troy in the 1st half of the next game when losing 17-6....and ended up losing 34-6.

Ughhh

The good news is that real Cowboys run started the next year.

yea I am just equating to how important They both are. Aikman got hurt at the start of the second half at RFK vs the 11-0 Commanders and beurlein came in and threw a td pass to irvin to help win the game, then did something aikman had not done, won at the vet in philly.

it was the sunday before thanksgiving when aikman was hurt but we were in the middle of it and losing aikman seemed like it would be similar to the year before where they missed the playoffs because he went out.

that 91 season is still my favorite season.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Eh, they were undone by Cunningham missing some big throws and their kicker missing.

That was part of it. They also were undone because Atlanta slowed the game down with the running of Jamaal Anderson.
The Vikings were used to running up and down the field scoring. And when they couldn't it affected their rhythm, hence the missed throws and the missed field goals. They were pressing.