Early games thread

Verdict

Reaction score
The Cowboys football operations is run by cheerleader executives. They are far too loyal to players. For instance, I bet they have yet to even entertain the idea of replacing Jason Witten.

I'm sorry, make that Saint Jason of Knoxville.

They all need to go.

I am as big of a Jason Witten fan as anyone but they have kept him around for so long and he is eating up so many bad snaps they are starting to make me almost hate him.

Aven8

Reaction score
The Cowboys football operations is run by cheerleader executives. They are far too loyal to players. For instance, I bet they have yet to even entertain the idea of replacing Jason Witten.

They all need to go.

What's wrong with a 3 year extension for a 47 year old TE???

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Detroit has the most favorable schedule to me to steal a wild card spot.

They have like chi twice, Baltimore, Cincy, gb and Minnesota.

Even if they lose the Minnesota game they can get to 11 wins

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
Kirk (with a k) Cousins is a legit QB. His problem is he was drafted to backup RG3. That label is slammed on him as long as he stays in Washington. Had the losers (and Danny boy) let Shannon do his thing (passing on RG3 and go with Cousins pick), I think they would have been in a far way better situation

Thank God for Dan Snyder

I admit. I was hoping they release him when his rookie contract expires and we pick him up. Until we got Dak :)

:cool:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

They all need to go.
You know this is the early game thread right?

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
How different would the Cowboys be with DJ Swearinger and Zach Brown?

3 yr/$13M (front loaded) and 1yr/$2.3 M. Is that too much for you Stephen? :banghead:
They'd be sitting behind Heath and Jaylon! I'm not kidding!

Aven8

Reaction score
Maybe today is the day the Cowboys use Switzer with Beasley in 4 WR sets and have Switzer chip to help out the LT.

And Brandon Graham will have to get Switz off the bottom of his shoes if that happens....

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
As an aside, I look forward to new receivers on the Cowboys including at TE. We've spent enough years with this group. Turn it over.

I know you're going to come back at me with well we have no QB and that's true but you still have to try.
Would be nice to have a modern playbook too...