Ed Werder happier than a Pig in slop

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Oh boy

"annonymous cowboy sources"

Ed Werder is literally GLOWING as he reports this... unbelievable.

wesleyc288

Believer
Reaction score
sacowboysfan513;2481630 said:
Whats the report?

Just put it on ESPN, im sure they will be talking about it 24/7 Until after we smash the G-men on Sunday

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They've been wanting this for forever. TO gave them nothing so now they're forcing a story that shouldn't even be a story. I guess its a bigger story that the Cowboys struggle and are in turmoil than it is they're finally hitting their stride.

ddh33

Reaction score
Werder ought to be happy. He has the premier team in sports to cover, and they feed him with endless storylines.

I don't like Ed Werder. I think he tends to wish failure upon the Cowboys. But I don't think he's making this up; I don't think he has to.

If he's happy, it's probably because a guy like TO has made fun of him all year, and Werder knew that the day was coming when TO would give him and every other person in the world the ammunition they needed to make TO look like the self-absorbed problem child that he is.

superpunk

Reaction score
Three Dallas Cowboy wideouts met with offensive coordinator Jason Garrett this afternoon to discuss their role in the offense. Terrell Owens, Patrick Crayton and Roy Williams have taken a back seat to Jason Witten over the last few weeks. Garrett called it a productive meeting and Crayton tried to downplay any negative spin.

“It was a good chance to get all the stuff out in the air and see how everyone feels so we can get on the same page and be a better offense,” Crayton said. “It was the first time we did it. We spoke to him a couple times individually like on the field and practices and it was a time to get in there and talk. Nothing negative about it.”

Ed Werder of ESPN, however, is reporting that sources within the Cowboys organization are saying that Owens is jealous of Witten’s relationship with Tony Romo. According to Werder’s sources, T.O. believes that Romo and Witten meet privately to discuss the offense and devise plays which leave Owens on the outside.

An anonymous Cowboy spoke about the issue with Werder.

“He’s insecure about it,” the player said of Owens. “The thing that bothers me more than anything about this problem is that it’s always something with him — San Fran, Philly and here; always something. And he brings other people into it. You know, he talks to Sam Hurd and Roy Williams, who just got here and doesn’t really know these guys. TO talks to him and so now he probably thinks Witten politics with Tony for the ball. That’s so far from the truth. You think Tony is throwing to him because that’s his buddy? His best buddy is Bobby Carpenter, and that’s not helping him too much. It’s crazy to think that, and I hate that he acts that way.”

Another team source told Werder that Owens failed to run a route to completion against Pittsburgh, leading to a Troy Polamalu interception. After the game, which the Cowboys lost on another Romo interception, Owens told reporters “It’s his job to go out there and assess what the defense is, and he made that decision.”

The anonymous player also spoke to Werder about Romo’s response.

“To be completely honest, I just think Tony is over it; not like, “Screw it.’ But I think Tony is over the mind games,” the player said. “It would help if Tony would stand up to him, but he would never do it. He does a great job of ignoring it and not letting it affect him, and that’s why it has worked as good as it has. It’s just hard. I think right now everybody is to the point where, “We’re going to need him, so let’s not "p squared" him off.”

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
He said something about asking T.O. something T.O. doesn't even like him, he always goes with the "next question"...

Wood

Reaction score
who gets the bigger bonus this year....Deion Sanders or Ed Werner...both at TO expense because he can't control himself at 35 years old.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Um, this isn't about Ed. DMN already confirmed that the Three Amigos *****ed and whined in Garrett's office.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
We are losing.

We arent scoring points.

This is the best thing that can happen.
Beats not addressing issue and watching another team play in playoffs.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
ddh33;2481644 said:
Werder ought to be happy. He has the premier team in sports to cover, and they feed him with endless storylines.

I don't like Ed Werder. I think he tends to wish failure upon the Cowboys. But I don't think he's making this up; I don't think he has to.

If he's happy, it's probably because a guy like TO has made fun of him all year, and Werder knew that the day was coming when TO would give him and every other person in the world the ammunition they needed to make TO look like the self-absorbed problem child that he is.

Fact is, stuff like this happens with every NFL team. But its not newsworthy unless its TO and the Cowboys. You see the Portis story is already a after thought? Meanwhile they're still talking about Jerry's comments about Barber. Its ridiculous.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
bbgun;2481661 said:
Um, this isn't about Ed. DMN already confirmed that the Three Amigos *****ed and whined in Garrett's office.

They have the right. We have the best receiving core in the league if you include Witten. We have one of the better quarterbacks in the league. Why are we going backwards and why does our offense look so pedesetrian?

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
ddh33;2481644 said:

Exactly. Why go through all the trouble to "make up" stories when Jerry is fully content to bring in every nutjob on the market who creates the stories for you?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2481673 said:
Exactly. Why go through all the trouble to "make up" stories when Jerry is fully content to bring in every nutjob on the market who creates the stories for you?

I guess you've taken the bait as well. I would think Cowboys would know better since these stories don't pop up until the Cowboys lose. They win and there's nothing.