Ed Werder happier than a Pig in slop

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
YoMick;2481621 said:
Oh boy

"annonymous cowboy sources"

Ed Werder is literally GLOWING as he reports this... unbelievable.

Hell, I can't blame him - he got to lead off tonight's Sportscenter. :eek:

BHendri5

Reaction score
ddh33;2481644 said:
Werder ought to be happy. He has the premier team in sports to cover, and they feed him with endless storylines.

I don't like Ed Werder. I think he tends to wish failure upon the Cowboys. But I don't think he's making this up; I don't think he has to.

If he's happy, it's probably because a guy like TO has made fun of him all year, and Werder knew that the day was coming when TO would give him and every other person in the world the ammunition they needed to make TO look like the self-absorbed problem child that he is.

oh here we go (sigh)

ddh33

Reaction score
rocyaice;2481666 said:
Fact is, stuff like this happens with every NFL team. But its not newsworthy unless its TO and the Cowboys. You see the Portis story is already a after thought? Meanwhile they're still talking about Jerry's comments about Barber. Its ridiculous.

I agree with that. But I think that's a different issue.

A lot of people are questioning how much of this is true. I don't doubt any of it. But I don't think these things should ruin Dallas' season either.

As you mentioned, these things happen almost everywhere. Someone else talked about how it's better to get these things ironed out now. I agree completely. Deal with it, get better, move on, and win.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Draegerman;2481681 said:
Hell, I can't blame him - he got to lead off tonight's Sportscenter. :eek:

Yeah I called this about a month ago...

All the "next question" was gonna lead to Werder's glory day.... here it is!

BHendri5

Reaction score
why why why? do we have to have fans like these? why can't they go and be a fan of the giants, skins, eagles, somebody else but the Cowboys.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
rocyaice;2481680 said:
I guess you've taken the bait as well. I would think Cowboys would know better since these stories don't pop up until the Cowboys lose. They win and there's nothing.

So TO was never in the news for dividing lockerrooms and alienating his teammates until he came to the Cowboys?

Some could say that believing that a guy who has left scorched earth with every previous team he's ever been with couldn't possibly do it now that he's wearing your favorite color of laundry is "taking the bait".

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I beleive ed, and I believe the guys in the locker room are tired of owens.

and Its about time someone stands up to this guy. the head coach is incapable of it because of the owner and that is the first problem.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2481698 said:
So TO was never in the news for dividing lockerrooms and alienating his teammates until he came to the Cowboys?

Some could say that believing that a guy who has left scorched earth with every previous team he's ever been with couldn't possibly do now that he's wearing your favorite color of laundry is "taking the bait".

Dance, puppet, dance...

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;2481703 said:

and Its about time someone stands up to this guy. the head coach is incapable of it because of the owner and that is the first problem.

Dance, puppet, dance...

Boysboy

Reaction score
ddh33;2481684 said:
I agree with that. But I think that's a different issue.

A lot of people are questioning how much of this is true. I don't doubt any of it. But I don't think these things should ruin Dallas' season either.

As you mentioned, these things happen almost everywhere. Someone else talked about how it's better to get these things ironed out now. I agree completely. Deal with it, get better, move on, and win.

Well-the Giants won the Super Bowl with Burress. The Pats, despite losing Brady and a slew of other injuries, have Moss, but they're sitting pretty at 8-5.

Like you said-ultimately, it may not be as bad as it seems.

ddh33

Reaction score
theebs;2481703 said:

I don't know that you need to do that. I can understand why you would want to do that, especially if you're one of the guys being thrown under the bus.

But I think the best thing to do is ignore most of it. Go out and do your job the best that you can and win. That will help a lot. Use TO and hope he helps you.

Boysboy

Reaction score
theebs;2481703 said:

I'll bet you Romo and Witten will be traded to other teams in the future to appease Owens.

*ugh* Romo will lead some other team to the Super Bowl ultimately. :(

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
ddh33;2481714 said:
I don't know that you need to do that. I can understand why you would want to do that, especially if you're one of the guys being thrown under the bus.

But I think the best thing to do is ignore most of it. Go out and do your job the best that you can and win. That will help a lot. Use TO and hope he helps you.

Yes, and I believe that is what has been going on since the minute owens took the podium and threw his coaches and teammates under the bus after the Commanders game.

but I think that I was open comment from sunday could not have sat well with a few on this team. So maybe they are starting to grumble back a little, which we all know is a problem. Because no one is alloed to tell owens anything.

Shinywalrus

Reaction score
Werder, hell. This story has probably been sitting on his boss's desk for 3 or 4 weeks, hesitant to put anything out that is so completely based on unnamed sources. Meanwhile, TO calls out two ESPN on-air analysts, and the very next day, the story gets approved.

This is what you call, "Ombudsman's Worst Nightmare."

Boysboy

Reaction score
theebs;2481723 said:
Yes, and I believe that is what has been going on since the minute owens took the podium and threw his coaches and teammates under the bus after the Commanders game.

but I think that I was open comment from sunday could not have sat well with a few on this team. So maybe they are starting to grumble back a little, which we all know is a problem. Because no one is alloed to tell owens anything.

Owens also got Mooch fired in SF. The Niners were making strides under Mooch(remember they advanced in the playoffs for the first time prior to him being canned)...had a good system going.

Erickson got hired b/c he simply said, "I'm going to get TO the ball more". No kidding! That's ALL he said!

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;2481716 said:
Think what you want.

In the end your going to be the one with strings attached.

Only somebody a damn sight more intelligence than Ed will be able to pull mine.

As the Ed Werder Fan Club President- ask him who the sources were. I'm betting it's Skip Bayless, Keyshawn and Donovan McNabb...

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
theebs;2481723 said:

Exactly. They see Owens is given cart blanche (has he suddenly decided to not sleep through meetings, like he did with Parcells?). One of the quoted players said something to the effect of "You wouldn't believe the stuff he gets away with". People inherently want to see jerks get the come uppins. If it's not going to be through the organization, it's not a surprise that they're going to turn to the court of public opinion when the frustration level gets high enough.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Shinywalrus;2481725 said:
Werder, hell. This story has probably been sitting on his boss's desk for 3 or 4 weeks, hesitant to put anything out that is so completely based on unnamed sources. Meanwhile, TO calls out two ESPN on-air analysts, and the very next day, the story gets approved.

This is what you call, "Ombudsman's Worst Nightmare."

Notice how it occurred before the biggest game of the year?

Anyone?