Ed Werder happier than a Pig in slop

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
5Countem5;2481737 said:
Notice how it occurred before the biggest game of the year?

Anyone?

And after one of the biggest loses of the year ... after TO was throwing hissy fits on the sidelines all day, quitting on routes and calling out his QB after the game?

Anyone?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
rocyaice;2481639 said:
They've been wanting this for forever. TO gave them nothing so now they're forcing a story that shouldn't even be a story. I guess its a bigger story that the Cowboys struggle and are in turmoil than it is they're finally hitting their stride.

The Cowboys are hitting their stride? :huh:

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2481744 said:
And after one of the biggest loses of the year ... after TO was throwing hissy fits on the sidelines all day, quitting on routes and calling out his QB after the game?

Anyone?

:lmao2:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2481698 said:
So TO was never in the news for dividing lockerrooms and alienating his teammates until he came to the Cowboys?

Some could say that believing that a guy who has left scorched earth with every previous team he's ever been with couldn't possibly do it now that he's wearing your favorite color of laundry is "taking the bait".

TO has bigger stakes on the line than when he was with the 9ers and Eagles. He wants to be a 1st ballot hall of famer and if he blows up another team that's it for him. That's why I give him the benefit of the doubt. I just don't think these stories aren't newsworthy and my biggest fear is that it actually hurts the Cowboys.

ddh33;2481684 said:
I agree with that. But I think that's a different issue.

A lot of people are questioning how much of this is true. I don't doubt any of it. But I don't think these things should ruin Dallas' season either.

As you mentioned, these things happen almost everywhere. Someone else talked about how it's better to get these things ironed out now. I agree completely. Deal with it, get better, move on, and win.

I guess my biggest frustration is that I actually feel this could cause tension in the locker room which IMO I felt this team was finally getting it. They were finally clicking together. The injuries are bad enough.

Boysboy

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2481744 said:

Anyone?

We had that game won in the 4th qtr...too bad we got some bad breaks. It was a tough loss, but Owens had nothing to do with it.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2481739 said:
You mean geniuses like TO and PacMan?

They would be two classified as a damn sight smarter than Nerder, but not what I meant.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
rocyaice;2481666 said:
Fact is, stuff like this happens with every NFL team. But its not newsworthy unless its TO and the Cowboys. You see the Portis story is already a after thought? Meanwhile they're still talking about Jerry's comments about Barber. Its ridiculous.

Maybe because Portis went on local radio and apologized for his comments.

When have you ever heard T.O. apologize for anything? :confused:

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Boysboy;2481752 said:
We had that game won in the 4th qtr...too bad we got some bad breaks. It was a tough loss, but Owens had nothing to do with it.

It's ALL Owens fault with these "fans"...

tyke1doe

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2481698 said:
So TO was never in the news for dividing lockerrooms and alienating his teammates until he came to the Cowboys?

Some could say that believing that a guy who has left scorched earth with every previous team he's ever been with couldn't possibly do it now that he's wearing your favorite color of laundry is "taking the bait".

:clap:

MrMom

Reaction score
5Countem5;2481755 said:
They would be two classified as a damn sight smarter than Nerder, but not what I meant.

Dance, puppet, dance.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2481735 said:
Exactly. They see Owens is given cart blanche (has he suddenly decided to not sleep through meetings, like he did with Parcells?). One of the quoted players said something to the effect of "You wouldn't believe the stuff he gets away with". People inherently want to see jerks get the come uppins. If it's not going to be through the organization, it's not a surprise that they're going to turn to the court of public opinion when the frustration level gets high enough.

Absolutely right.

They probably laugh at owens behind his back and just put up with his nonsense. but now the team is at defcon 5. One more slip up and they maybe out. So when witten who is playing with all kinds of injuries and busting his hump every play takes the blame trying to be a team guy and help weather the storm coming on his quarterback, sees owens go up and Say I was open and I cant throw it and catch it, at some point its enough.

Romo has come under fire like never before this week, every fan has turned on him and garrett and they are blaming him for everything. And what most of these fans do is recycle what owens says in his press conference when they are taking shots at garrett and now they are doing it with romo.

Like I said, I wouldnt at all be mad if witten went right on the radio or tv today and said we are tired of his act and he is just 1 of 53 no matter what he thinks of himself.

Boysboy

Reaction score
5Countem5;2481758 said:
It's ALL Owens fault with these "fans"...

The bad bounce on Tra Battle was a killer-we would have put the game away right there otherwise.

Yah-it was that ONE play, IMHO, that would have prevented all these stupid TO threads here.

Thank You

Boysboy

Reaction score
theebs;2481766 said:
Absolutely right.

They probably laugh at owens behind his back and just put up with his nonsense. but now the team is at defcon 5. One more slip up and they maybe out. So when witten who is playing with all kinds of injuries and busting his hump every play takes the blame trying to be a team guy and help weather the storm coming on his quarterback, sees owens go up and Say I was open and I cant throw it and catch it, at some point its enough.

Romo has come under fire like never before this week, every fan has turned on him and garrett and they are blaming him for everything. And what most of these fans do is recycle what owens says in his press conference when they are taking shots at garrett and now they are doing it with romo.

Like I said, I wouldnt at all be mad if witten went right on the radio or tv today and said we are tired of his act and he is just 1 of 53 no matter what he thinks of himself.

Just curious-what do you think Jerry will do this offseason? Maybe get rid of certain players to appease Owens?

MrMom

Reaction score
theebs;2481766 said:
Absolutely right.

:bow:

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
5Countem5;2481755 said:

They seem to have you wrapped around their little finger.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;2481703 said:
I beleive ed, and I believe the guys in the locker room are tired of owens.

and Its about time someone stands up to this guy. the head coach is incapable of it because of the owner and that is the first problem.

The homers don't get it.

They insist the media is out to get the Cowboys.

It's comedy.

superpunk

Reaction score
theebs;2481766 said:
Absolutely right.

At some point enough really is enough.

I mean, even if this is all made up, this is what the players have to deal with all the time. The soap opera and questions involving TO, TO screaming on the sideline (and not in a constructive "Let's get ****ing going, guys" way either) and then his press conference debacles.

I have no doubt that alot of them like him, love him, think he's great. But it's GOT to wear on you after a while.

Jerry lied. There are still eggshells at valley ranch for the players to tiptoe around.

ddh33

Reaction score
theebs;2481766 said:
Absolutely right.

Witten is the one guy who has come closest to putting TO in his place, in my opinion. It was Witten, after all, who said that everybody wanted the ball more, but players needed to shut up because winning was more important.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
I got a question for all the 'T.O. homers' in here.

What has the team won with him in the lineup?