Ed Werder happier than a Pig in slop

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
superpunk;2481783 said:
At some point enough really is enough.

I mean, even if this is all made up, this is what the players have to deal with all the time. The soap opera and questions involving TO, TO screaming on the sideline (and not in a constructive "Let's get ****ing going, guys" way either) and then his press conference debacles.

I have no doubt that alot of them like him, love him, think he's great. But it's GOT to wear on you after a while.

Jerry lied. There are still eggshells at valley ranch for the players to tiptoe around.

As Mickey said, it doesn't even matter if it's true ... just the perception can divide a football team faster than anything.

As Mickey pointed out ... the Cowboys play the Sunday Night game. Guess what every single analyst on every single pre and post game show on every single network is going to talk about all day Sunday.

MrMom

Reaction score
dcfanatic;2481803 said:
Give me Roy, Witten and TJ Housh in 2009 and I will be a very happy man.

Give me Roy, Witten, Austin/Crayton and a more involved Bennett and I'll be a very happy man.

Boysboy

Reaction score
dcfanatic;2481798 said:
I got a question for all the 'T.O. homers' in here.

What has the team won with him in the lineup?

I'm not a TO-homer, but...

10-6 and playoff loss to Carolina
6-10
9-7

BTW-why hasn't anyone brought up Meshawn? Didn't he perform the same antics Owens did when he was here? I posted them on other threads.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
There is nothing quite as funny as recliner-riding fans thinking the things that bother them - bothers the players.

It is hilarious watching the meltdowns here...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
dcfanatic;2481798 said:

Give me a break. Its TO's fault we haven't won anything with him the lineup? He wasn't even suppose to play in the playoffs last season. You guys mann.....its just so frustrating to see fellow Cowboy fans fall for this bs that ESPN is planting. Two weeks ago we were on our way to a Super Bowl. Now TO is the problem, Romo can't play, we should've never got Roy Williams.....the knee jerking you guys do is ridiculous. I guess i'll end this with what have the Cowboys won without him in the lineup? You know when we had Keyshawn and Terry Glenn here. Or when we had Galloway, Glenn and Bryant.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2481806 said:
As Mickey said, it doesn't even matter if it's true ... just the perception can divide a football team faster than anything.

As Mickey pointed out ... the Cowboys play the Sunday Night game. Guess what every single analyst on every single pre and post game show on every single network is going to talk about all day Sunday.

OMG!!!!

Those little shrinking violet players will have no chance against the big bad focused Giants!!!!

Oh lordy lordy help us all!!!

Coy

Reaction score
I saw the Report, while reporting it Ed Werder looked like he just won the lottery or something, he is full of ****.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
dcfanatic;2481803 said:
Give me Roy, Witten and TJ Housh in 2009 and I will be a very happy man.

What have the Bengals done with TJ in the lineup? Because clearly Roy Williams, Witten and TJ is superior to Chad Johnson, TJ and Chris Henry.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
ddh33;2481644 said:
Werder ought to be happy. He has the premier team in sports to cover, and they feed him with endless storylines.

I don't like Ed Werder. I think he tends to wish failure upon the Cowboys. But I don't think he's making this up; I don't think he has to.

Yes, because we all know that reporters never have vendettas...especially BSP...err, I mean ESPN reporters. Particularly BSP...err, I mean ESPN reporters that Owens has refused to answer ANY of his questions for weeks. Nope, can't see a possible conflict of interest there or a reporter making this stuff up. Nope, not at all.

(Just rolled my eyes out of my eye sockets).

YAKUZA

superpunk

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2481806 said:

Will they talk about what a great NFC East matchup this is going to be, and how the hobbled Cowboys have fought their way to 8-5 and need this win to stay out in front of the wild card race?

Please?

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk;2481828 said:
Will they talk about what a great NFC East matchup this is going to be, and how the hobbled Cowboys have fought their way to 8-5 and need this win to stay out in front of the wild card race?

Please?

No they won't because they know some "fans" in Dallas eat this crap up with a spoon.

It's called ratings.

superpunk

Reaction score
5Countem5;2481815 said:
There is nothing quite as funny as recliner-riding fans thinking the things that bother them - bothers the players.

It is hilarious watching the meltdowns here...

5Countem5;2481837 said:
No they won't because they know some "fans" in Dallas eat this crap up with a spoon.

It's called ratings.

You're pretty obsessed with Cowboys fans, and what they sit on in their houses.

That's some weird fetish you've got.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk;2481848 said:
You're pretty obsessed with Cowboys fans, and what they sit on in their houses.

That's some weird fetish you've got.

Nah,,, It's just a descriptive term. I don't actually know where you sit as you slurp the ESPN hate-soup...

RoadRunner

Reaction score
theebs;2481703 said:
I beleive ed, and I believe the guys in the locker room are tired of owens.

and Its about time someone stands up to this guy. the head coach is incapable of it because of the owner and that is the first problem.

How did you make the leap of logic of Owens, Crayton, AND Roy Williams having a conference with Garrett about offensive roles to this meaning the team is tired of Ownes. How did Crayton and RWilliams11 get dropped off your complaint?

superpunk

Reaction score
5Countem5;2481864 said:
Nah,,, It's just a descriptive term. I don't actually know where you sit as you slurp the ESPN hate-soup...

I just watch football from my lowly couch.

I certainly don't possess a mighty throne that allows me to cut through the BS and determine that none of anything is true and it's all made up by the haters. If I did, I'd have them put the throne up extra high so I could look down on all those stupid fans, and then criticize them on the internet for making observations about the team from their recliner.

Also I would have them make a "Head in the sand" add-on, so that I could ignore anything that I did not agree with or think is unpleasant.

If you could refer me to the contractor who installed such a throne for you, I would appreciate it. I would like one so I can be as astute as you when it comes to the inner workings of the Dallas Cowboys. I'd also like to feel superior to other fans who I am not at all superior to.

Thanks.

RoadRunner

Reaction score
dcfanatic;2481798 said:

More than it did with him out of the lineup. I remember a lot of 5-11s, before TO got here. I don't recall any 13-3s prior to that unless you go all the way back to 1992.

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2481798 said:

What has the team won with anyone on the team in the lineup?

Uh huh. Thought so.

Dunce.

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk;2481783 said:
At some point enough really is enough.

I mean, even if this is all made up, this is what the players have to deal with all the time. The soap opera and questions involving TO, TO screaming on the sideline (and not in a constructive "Let's get ****ing going, guys" way either) and then his press conference debacles.

I have no doubt that alot of them like him, love him, think he's great. But it's GOT to wear on you after a while.

Jerry lied. There are still eggshells at valley ranch for the players to tiptoe around.

How the hell do YOU know that? How do you know that he's NOT doing it in a constructive "let's get going, guys" way?

Witten and Colombo both said in 2006 that he does EXACTLY that.

AND...his status as a "team captain" kind of reflects that.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk;2481877 said:
I just watch football from my lowly couch.

I certainly don't possess a mighty throne that allows me to cut through the BS and determine that none of anything is true and it's all made up by the haters. If I did, I'd have them put the throne up extra high so I could look down on all those stupid fans, and then criticize them on the internet for making observations about the team from their recliner.

Also I would have them make a "Head in the sand" add-on, so that I could ignore anything that I did not agree with or think is unpleasant.

If you could refer me to the contractor who installed such a throne for you, I would appreciate it. I would like one so I can be as astute as you when it comes to the inner workings of the Dallas Cowboys. I'd also like to feel superior to other fans who I am not at all superior to.

Thanks.

Actually, it's not a throne, it's just the common sense to realize that ESPN lives on ratings and the best ratings-getters are the Cowboys. Couple that with fans willing to believe anything negative along with no pesky little fact-checkers used by REAL journalists and this is what you get.