Ed Werder happier than a Pig in slop

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Shinywalrus;2482342 said:
I'll say it again: if players that are truly important to the team and are part of its long term plan had a problem with Owens, this is not the way they'd address it. And anyone else just doesn't really matter...except to Werder, who can position the importance and strength of their vorice in whatever way he deems appropriate to increase hits.

I guess I really don't draw a line between whether the source is an elite player or not. Just because a backup says it doesn't make it any less true or credible.

Frankly, I would be even more dismayed if Brad Johnson is the source. He's been around the NFL for decades and been on Superbowl winning teams. If he's horrified at the rotten state of Denmark around here, then it truly is a bad sign.

Shinywalrus

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2482400 said:
I guess I really don't draw a line between whether the source is an elite player or not. Just because a backup says it doesn't make it any less true or credible.

Frankly, I would be even more dismayed if Brad Johnson is the source. He's been around the NFL for decades and been on Superbowl winning teams. If he's horrified at the rotten state of Denmark around here, then it truly is a bad sign.

I understand what you're saying, but the embedded fear of the entire article is that the entire locker room is breaking down. That the TO meltdown that will throw the Cowboys into disarray, which has been prophesied for months now by the WWL, is coming to be. If the article is a single player that isn't really tied into the day-to-day fight for the Super Bowl putting it out there that he isn't crazy about TO, it's just that: a player who doesn't like another player.

It's hardly news. The only news would be if there were real problems in the locker room, but there's no evidence remotely indicating that - but the anonymous source sure serves Werder to keep the possibility of that open in all his readers' minds.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Rich Eisen brought this story up at halftime of tonight's game, saying " a report from Ed Werder of ESPN..." and before he was finished, Deon Sanders chuckled and said, 'There's a reputable source! " LOL

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Joe Realist;2482499 said:
Rich Eisen brought this story up at halftime of tonight's game, saying " a report from Ed Werder of ESPN..." and before he was finished, Deon Sanders chuckled and said, 'There's a reputable source! " LOL

Deion is trashing ESPN like Werder trashes DC.com.

How bout them apples?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2481798 said:
I got a question for all the 'T.O. homers' in here.

What has the team won with him in the lineup?

I dont think we scored any touchdowns when he was out last year towards end of season.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
I thought you banned yourself? ;)

I think we need that MTV claymation battle royale, Werder versus Sanders

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
wileedog;2482134 said:
Bias is one thing. Accusing a reporter of a major news outlet of completely lying is a whole other animal.

Given the circumstances I think the onus is on you to prove that a man is willing to risk his entire career to totally make up a story complete with fake quotes about a player just for a Thursday night report. If he's caught he is done in the reporting business forever. And for what? To gloat a little bit about a player he probably is not that fond of? Would YOU jeopardize your entire career for that?

Sorry, even a lump like Ed Werder is not that stupid.

Yeah, and neither was Jayson Blair...He is smarter because he knows that he wrote nothing that could EVER be checked, if every DC player lines and and swears he didn't say it- everyone of you will say "No way are they gonna admit it"

I can't prove it and neither can you but I give the benefit of the doubt to a Dallas Cowboy - you give it to a POS reporter.

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
SultanOfSix;2482542 said:
Maybe Ed Werder's "anonymous cowboy sources" were actual cowboys on the range.
haha, thats funny that you said that because i actually thought about that.

All Werder would need to do is to tell a cowboy to say all those things, that way he wouldn't be misquoting. And Werder would be able to say that "a cowboy" said this.

Boysboy

Reaction score
SultanOfSix;2482542 said:
Maybe Ed Werder's "anonymous cowboy sources" were actual cowboys on the range.

Or maybe it's Dave_in-NC...after all, he HATES Owens.:laugh1:

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
5Countem5;2482540 said:
Yeah, and neither was Jayson Blair...He is smarter because he knows that he wrote nothing that could EVER be checked, if every DC player lines and and swears he didn't say it- everyone of you will say "No way are they gonna admit it"

I can't prove it and neither can you but I give the benefit of the doubt to a Dallas Cowboy - you give it to a POS reporter.

I have a couple of good friends that are reporters, one of whom works for the AP and another is a beat writer for a major D-I college.

Anyway, watch the last season of 'The Wire.' In it, the show goes into the media and its role in society. Except there's one reporter who has this knack for coming up with these incredible stories. The problem is he's making them up.

The Wire is written by David Simon, a former reporter for the Baltimore Sun. He wrote that storyline based on true events he experienced. And when talking to my friends about the show, they say that kind of stuff happens ALL OF THE TIME. Not my words...theirs.

What really gave it away to me was when he said that a source told him that Owens quit on the route on Romo's first interception. Having watched that play four times, it's hard to tell whether or not he "quit on the route", but it didn't make much of a difference...Romo threw it into practically triple coverage anyway. My guess from that is Owens didn't run in that direction because he saw it was covered by the zone. Instead, Mr. Blue Suit supposedly has some source which is probably none other than him quoting Aikman on the telecast.

And remember, Mr. Blue Suit is the same guy that said Parcells would retire after 2003, then after 2004, then after 2005. He had sources, y'know. And BSP...err, I mean ESPN were the same people reporting Keith Davis was shot to death and Owens tried to commit suicide because he couldn't handle Parcells back in 2006. They had sources, y'know.

After awhile you have to take these sources with a grain of salt, and then run it over with a bulldozer. But even after that, you start to have to wonder if there really are sources to begin with.

So take your pick....either Mr. Blue Sit and Mr. Read Lips have just about ZERO credibility when it comes to sources or they are just making stuff up. Not exactly a great tat to have when it comes to being a reporter.

YAKUZA

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
5Countem5;2482540 said:

A person doesn't possess virtue just because he carries an inflated animal epidermis while wearing your favorite color of laundry.

Yeah, I would probably give the benefit to a reporter before I gave the benefit of the doubt to someone like PacMan ... unless said reporter has had 13 run ins with the law in the span of a couple of years.

If TO played for any other team we would be pointing and laughing at them for believing a player who had wrecked two previous lockerrooms was incapable of doing it to theirs, all the while regurgitating the mantra of "You don't know him like we do. It's not like all the other times. It's different now. He's changed". And with good reason .. those people are typically losers.

As sorry as the state of journalism is, it's nowhere near as sorry as the state of modern sports fans ... most of whom would still shamelessly stand and cheer for OJ Simpson if he could still rush for 2,000 yards for their favorite team, insisting on nothing less than conspiracy by the judiciary and legal system, orchestrated by hundreds of people, set up just so their favorite football team couldn't win a Week 13 match ... and all said with a straight face without a hint of irony.

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
This is funnier than the Simpsons.

Are there more than a few Cowboy haters at ESPN? Absolutely.

But be honest for one secon.

Is this not the Jerry Jones circus, starring TO? And does this circus not give ESPN all the rope in the world to see itself hung up like a naked *******s carcass EVERY FRIKKIN WEEK?

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
InmanRoshi that was the best post I've read on a Cowboy forum in awhile.

But you waste it on some of these people.

Boysboy

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2482881 said:
A person doesn't possess virtue just because he carries an inflated animal epidermis while wearing your favorite color of laundry.

Yeah, I would probably give the benefit to a reporter before I gave the benefit of the doubt to someone like PacMan ... unless said reporter has had 13 run ins with the law in the span of a couple of years.

If TO played for any other team we would be pointing and laughing at them for believing a player who had wrecked two previous lockerrooms was incapable of doing it to theirs, all the while regurgitating the mantra of "You don't know him like we do. It's not like all the other times. It's different now. He's changed". And with good reason .. those people are typically losers.

As sorry as the state of journalism is, it's nowhere near as sorry as the state of modern sports fans ... most of whom would still shamelessly stand and cheer for OJ Simpson if he could still rush for 2,000 yards for their favorite team, insisting on nothing less than conspiracy by the judiciary and legal system, orchestrated by hundreds of people, set up just so their favorite football team couldn't win a Week 13 match ... and all said with a straight face without a hint of irony.

The sad part of this is that if the Boys win their next 2 to advance to 10-5, and clinch a playoff birth after this, even fans like these will hop back into the Boys' and TO's jockstraps.

At least stay consistent...

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich, no doubt media can pull B.S.

But we don't even need the reporters on this stuff!

T.O. and Jerry are pulling ****tt in front of all. They yank it out and flash it for all eyes to see.

Watch and listen with you own eyes. My gawd how blind can you be?

Boysboy

Reaction score
Oldschool7;2482924 said:
InmanRoshi that was the best post I've read on a Cowboy forum in awhile.

But you waste it on some of these people.

Yeah-these are also the same Cowboys fans who wished we kept Antonio Bryant for having a very good season with the Bucs, despite his nut-caseness.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2482881 said:

:hammer: