Ed Werder happier than a Pig in slop

superpunk

Reaction score
5Countem5;2481911 said:
Actually, it's not a throne, it's just the common sense to realize that ESPN lives on ratings and the best ratings-getters are the Cowboys. Couple that with fans willing to believe anything negative along with no pesky little fact-checkers used by REAL journalists and this is what you get.
You're not the only person here with a brain and a BS detector, although you're certainly fond of acting like it. There comes a point where you have to take your head out of the sand, though.

Do you believe that Werder simply made up every one of the quotes in his story? That he invented the entire thing? I realize he kept it anonymous, but that isn't damning in and of itself. Do you honestly believe that there is no chance that some of the players feel like this, and that he is wearing them out with his act?

Boysboy

Reaction score
superpunk;2481931 said:
You're not the only person here with a brain and a BS detector, although you're certainly fond of acting like it. There comes a point where you have to take your head out of the sand, though.

Do you believe that Werder simply made up every one of the quotes in his story? That he invented the entire thing? I realize he kept it anonymous, but that isn't damning in and of itself. Do you honestly believe that there is no chance that some of the players feel like this, and that he is wearing them out with his act?

I can't wait for the day TO tears up his knee-by then, all the haters will come crawling and realizing the value he is to this offense.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk;2481931 said:
Do you believe that Werder simply made up every one of the quotes in his story? That he invented the entire thing?

I'm convinced of it.

Prove me wrong.

superpunk

Reaction score
Boysboy;2481933 said:
I can't wait for the day TO tears up his knee-by then, all the haters will come crawling and realizing the value he is to this offense.

Thanks for another irrelevant post.

2/3 of this forum thinks that your irrelevant posts with made up statistics are leading to the collapse of the Cowboys.

5Countem5;2481936 said:
I'm convinced of it.

Prove me wrong.

Right back at'cha.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk;2481931 said:

How was TO voted captain?

Any idea?

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
5Countem5;2481815 said:
There is nothing quite as funny as recliner-riding fans thinking the things that bother them - bothers the players.

It is hilarious watching the meltdowns here...

It's hilarious watching you get up in arms insisting a player who has divided every lockerroom he has played for couldn't possibly do it for the team that wears your favorite color of laundry. Then again you're probably the type that believes PacMan's bodyguard got him in trouble, because heaven knows he wouldn't get boozed up and act the fool at a social event without outside instigation .... he's a Cowboy now. He was knucklehead with the the Titans, but now he's just "misunderstood" or a "victim of circumstance" when he's a beloved Cowboy.

Might want try the bunch free panties next time. Or ask TO to pass a bottle of vicadin.

Boysboy

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2482128 said:
It's hilarious watching you get up in arms insisting a player who has divided every lockerroom he has played for couldn't possibly do it for the team that wears your favorite color of laundry. Then again you're probably the type that believes PacMan's bodyguard got him in trouble, because heaven knows he wouldn't get boozed up and act the fool at a social event without outside instigation .... he's a Cowboy now. He was knucklehead with the the Titans, but now he's just "misunderstood" or a "victim of circumstance" because he's a beloved Cowboy.

Might want try the bunch free panties next time. Or ask TO to pass a bottle of vicadin.

Did you feel the same about Meshawn when he was here? Remember when he cussed out coaches and teammates, had the case of butterfingers/fumbilitis, gave up/slowed up on routes, was a detriment in the locker room, etc?

wileedog

Reaction score
5Countem5;2481936 said:
I'm convinced of it.

Prove me wrong.

Bias is one thing. Accusing a reporter of a major news outlet of completely lying is a whole other animal.

Given the circumstances I think the onus is on you to prove that a man is willing to risk his entire career to totally make up a story complete with fake quotes about a player just for a Thursday night report. If he's caught he is done in the reporting business forever. And for what? To gloat a little bit about a player he probably is not that fond of? Would YOU jeopardize your entire career for that?

Sorry, even a lump like Ed Werder is not that stupid.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Boysboy;2482131 said:
Did you feel the same about Meshawn when he was here? Remember when he cussed out coaches and teammates, had the case of butterfingers/fumbilitis, gave up/slowed up on routes, was a detriment in the locker room, etc?

He did all those things .. and thusly if his teammates said they didn't like him and his antics, I probably wouldn't claim a media conspiracy and don my tinfoil hat that it's been made up.

Boysboy

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2482142 said:
He did all those things .. and thusly if his teammates said they didn't like him and his antics, I probably wouldn't claim a media conspiracy and don my tinfoil hat that it's been made up.

Well yeah, that's what my point is-why are all these Parcells homers here saying how he did a fantastic job rebuilding this team, but only for Jerry to destroy it by bringing in TO?

I was trying to point out to the Parcells-homers how it was HE who brought in Meshawn...and if you remember correctly, you would see him cussing out his teammates even AFTER he would drop balls/fumble, get into feuds with Todd Haley, and giving up on plays to boot.

Really-I'm no TO fan, but why can't people remember this when he was here for 2 years, and Tuna allowed it?

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Boysboy;2482157 said:
Well yeah, that's what my point is-why are all these Parcells homers here saying how he did a fantastic job rebuilding this team, but only for Jerry to destroy it by bringing in TO?

I was trying to point out to the Parcells-homers how it was HE who brought in Meshawn...and if you remember correctly, you would see him cussing out his teammates even AFTER he would drop balls/fumble, get into feuds with Todd Haley, and giving up on plays to boot
You sure go out of your way to defend him every chance you get.

Keyshawn was a first grademotormouth and ego maniac, but he didn't give up on plays like TO does . The guy would line up as a TE and block down on defensive ends to help Rob Pettiti and Torrin Tucker pass protect while other WRs ran routes. I've never seen an NFL wide receiver do that before or since. As Parcells said, he put up with the nonsense because "he was with you on Sunday". Apparently a lot of the Cowboys players don't believe that about TO. Gotta problem with it? Take it up with them, instead of creating strawmen to draw attention away from it, praying and hoping it will go away if you just close your eyes tight enough and plug your ears firm enough.

Shinywalrus

Reaction score
superpunk;2481931 said:

It may not be wholly damning in and of itself, but it's damn near it. The only Cowboy with an incentive to talk like this to a known story-hungry journalist like Werder (that has been a thorn in Owens' side for a year or more now) would be (1) one who's on the outs with the team in general or (2) one who would benefit from a general backlash against Terrell Owens amongst his teammates.

In either case, how legitimate are the jumps of logic and veiled insinuations of a team-wide uprising? The anonymity is damning in that the only reason for the anonymity is the almost certain irrelevance of the source. A relevant source would have absolutely no incentive to make public what he is making public.

The only exceptions? Crayton and maybe Miles Austin, both of whom seem by all appearances to be among Terrell's closer associates.

Frankly, I call bull****. Not that someone didn't say this, but that the source is a Stephen Bowen, a Doug Free or a Courtney Brown, and that Werder is using his shield of "protecting his source" to veil the utter irrelevance of those individuals' conclusions.

Not a BS detector, I just don't know how anything else wouldn't defy logic.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Shinywalrus;2482240 said:
The anonymity is damning in that the only reason for the anonymity is the almost certain irrelevance of the source.

Anonymity might be sought when the subject in question is one of your boss' pet vanity projects. A boss who recently had one of his pet vanity projects get into a boozed up brawl after hours and then blamed and fired the bodyguard.

Perhaps the desire to talk isn't so much out of your angle of cold, calculated pragmatism, but rather sheer emotion and frustration.

Shinywalrus

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2482273 said:
Anonymity might be sought when the subject in question is one of your boss' pet vanity projects. A boss who actually blamed the bodyguard the last time one of his vanity projects got in a boozed up brawl.

Perhaps the desire to talk isn't so much out of calculated pragamaticism, but sheer emotional frustration.

And the only release for that frustration is blabbing to an obnoxious, balding, washed up regional sports correspondent?

I don't know about all that.

There's a lot in Werder's article that screams, "Brad Johnson" from the tops of the hills to me. If his name showed up where Werder referred to his "source", would anyone have cared about this story?

Quite simplyy, the anonymity allows Werder to let the NFL's other 31 teams' fans fantasize that Witten, Ware or Newman is behind this.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
That obnoxious, balding, washed up regional sports correspondent works for the most powerful sports media enterprise in the world.

As I've said earlier, when you've watched a coworker at best receive cart blanche with bad behavior and at worst get rewarded for it, this kind of animosity isn't surprising. It's innate to human behavour to want to see jerks get their come uppins, and if there's a frustration and powerless knowing it not going to come from the organization, then they may instead turn to the court of public opinion ... thus whistleblowers are born.

Shinywalrus

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2482314 said:
As I've said earlier, when you've watched a player at best receive cart blanche cart with bad behavior and at worst get rewarded for it, this kind of animosity isn't surprising. It's innate to human behavour to want to see jerks get their come uppins, and if it's not going to come from the organization then at least make sure it comes from the court of public opinion.

So you're the arbiter of whether or not Owens has earned some sort of comeuppance, and what the magnitude of it should be? You're presuming that the team resents the guy based on nothing but an anonymous source that clearly appeals to your own predisposition.

I'll say it again: if players that are truly important to the team and are part of its long term plan had a problem with Owens, this is not the way they'd address it. And anyone else just doesn't really matter...except to Werder, who can position the importance and strength of their voice in whatever way he deems appropriate to increase hits.

Shinywalrus

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2482314 said:
That obnoxious, balding, washed up regional sports correspondent works for the most powerful sports media enterprise in the world.

Still not understanding why that would make him a choicer target for relieving one's self of what you described as sheer frustration, in light of the other damage it would do to that person's livelihood and professional goals if they were an integral part of the team.

But maybe I've had it wrong all along - after a hard day of work, I've been sitting on the couch with my wife, dog and beer instead of pouring my heart out to a janitor for the WWL in Bristol, CT. I mean, hell, I only live an hour or two away!