Edge retires from WWE.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
zrinkill;3916287 said:
Exactly ...... bullcrap from the ignorant imagination of a tna fanboy has that effect though.

I'm not a TNA fanboy, and it's not bullcrap.

If I was as immature as you, every single statement your making about me could simply be reversed, so why don't you stop because your really just making yourself look stupid. Wrestling is based on personal preference, there are people out there that prefer CHIKARA and its comic book gimmicks over TNA and ROH, if you want go flame them and talk about how great Alberto Del Joke and The Miz are, but honestly its getting boring debating the same thing with you until you resort to calling me ignorant every 5 seconds like Michael Jackson in that south park episode.

Ren

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3916263 said:
See the problem is most of my opinions are the popular ones overall, and if you want to go to Wrestlingforum.com (the largest wrestling forum) which I am a active member of, good luck validating any of your opinions.

SmackDown! section: "And winner of Smackdowns most overated..."

6 pages, pretty much universal agreement. Who is it, Alberto Del Joke!

I sent you a link to a thread that went 15 pages a few days ago, you didn't reply of course, and pretty much 90% of them panicking that WWE's roster in terrible shape, and people suggesting they need to raid TNA's main event scene since its far superior.

Yet here, i'm viewed as the idiot. While pretty much any wrestling fan would agree with me over you.

The Internet is a great place for a vocal minorities to get together and feel bigger then they really are, TV ratings, PPV and ticket sales suggest the opposite. For you statement to be true TNA would have to be ahead of WWE in all these things yet they're not.

WWE screwed up in not pushing a lot of their roster sooner when their big names started aging but unlike most they are more then capable of turning their entire roster over and do it without losing any ground. TNA on the other hand needs names like Hogan and Flair to even stay relevant in the mainstream.

As much as you might hate it a Miz vs Del Rio main event at a WWE PPV would outdo anything TNA could put on. If pretty much any wrestling fan would agree with you then how come they're not all watching TNA?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Romo 2 Austin;3916293 said:
I'm not a TNA fanboy, and it's not bullcrap.

:laugh2:

Yes it is ,....... you are making crap up off the top of your head.

WWE has better wrestlers and much better production than TNA ....... its not even close.

I could care less what your little TNA website says.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ren;3916296 said:
The Internet is a great place for a vocal minorities to get together and feel bigger then they really are, TV ratings, PPV and ticket sales suggest the opposite. For you statement to be true TNA would have to be ahead of WWE in all these things yet they're not.

WWE screwed up in not pushing a lot of their roster sooner when their big names started aging but unlike most they are more then capable of turning their entire roster over and do it without losing any ground. TNA on the other hand needs names like Hogan and Flair to even stay relevant in the mainstream.

As much as you might hate it a Miz vs Del Rio main event at a WWE PPV would outdo anything TNA could put on. If pretty much any wrestling fan would agree with you then how come they're not all watching TNA?

:bow:

Exactly .......

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
zrinkill;3916298 said:
:laugh2:

Yes it is ,....... you are making crap up off the top of your head.

WWE has better wrestlers and much better production than TNA ....... its not even close.

I could care less what your little TNA website says.

Except its the opposite of a TNA website considering the entire TNA section is pretty much myself and 5 others defending against the idiot WWE trolls like yourself.

Production? Yes they do.

Wrestlers? Not even close, TNA is far superior.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Ren;3916296 said:

I wouldn't be personally interested in that match at all, and TNA could put on a ton of things that would top it.

Hogan and Flair to stay relevant really. doesn't make sense since the ratings have only gone up around .2 since they signed them, its a top 10 cable TV show on thursdays with or without them.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
I know NOBODY that takes Hogan seriously as a wrestler or TV personality or whatever it is he is doing on TNA.

I feel sorry for Flair...great career; loved by the wrestling fans and look at what he has to do for money. Too many ex-wives to support. It's sad watching what he has become.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
DallasGirl50;3916329 said:
I know NOBODY that takes Hogan seriously as a wrestler or TV personality or whatever it is he is doing on TNA.

I feel sorry for Flair...great career; loved by the wrestling fans and look at what he has to do for money. Too many ex-wives to support. It's sad watching what he has become.

I agree ....

I put the boy on ignore ...... its just too much fan boyness to stomach.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
Whoever Taker wrestles at the next WM (and it would seem his presumed last..although I am not so sure about that) will be somebody big time WWE.

He is top dog there backstage..he has the most stroke with the writing/creative team and it's going to be somebody he is comfortable with and works well with.

If you guys remember the match with HHH was set up very quickly...there was no long feud that lead to the match (although I realize both were out for some time but Taker could have come out for appearances without wrestling..HHH never laid a hand on him till their match).

It was a match set up by Mark and Paul because they are comfortable working together.

And they both know they can work a great match. It'll be somebody like that.

Big name..somebody he likes and wants to work with. I would not be surprised if it's Punk.

Ren

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3916309 said:
I wouldn't be personally interested in that match at all, and TNA could put on a ton of things that would top it.

Hogan and Flair to stay relevant really. doesn't make sense since the ratings have only gone up around .2 since they signed them, its a top 10 cable TV show on thursdays with or without them.

There's a reason why they're a top 10 cable show on that day and not say,... Mondays or Fridays. They tried to go head to head with WWE around the time they brought Hogan and Flair inn and failed miserably faster then even the most pessimistic fan could have predicted

So i'll ask you again, if your personal preference = truth for pretty much every wrestling fan like you claim then how come TNA can't go head to head with the WWE? If most wrestling fans would agree with you and they could put together a ton of things to top what the WWE is doing then why aren't they doing it and beating WWE in ratings or at the very least gaining some ground?

The obvious answer is most wrestling fans don't agree with you, that's what most people are trying to tell you. No one is telling you what to like the reason these threads keep going 20+ pages (other then offseason) is that you kept trying to pass off you own preference as a universal fact

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Ren;3916349 said:
There's a reason why they're a top 10 cable show on that day and not say,... Mondays or Fridays. They tried to go head to head with WWE around the time they brought Hogan and Flair inn and failed miserably faster then even the most pessimistic fan could have predicted

So i'll ask you again, if your personal preference = truth for pretty much every wrestling fan like you claim then how come TNA can't go head to head with the WWE? If most wrestling fans would agree with you and they could put together a ton of things to top what the WWE is doing then why aren't they doing it and beating WWE in ratings or at the very least gaining some ground?

The obvious answer is most wrestling fans don't agree with you, that's what most people are trying to tell you. No one is telling you what to like the reason these threads keep going 20+ pages (other then offseason) is that you kept trying to pass off you own preference as a universal fact

Well some of the stuff TNA was booking around that time was absolutely ridiculous, Abyss with the super powerful WWE hall of fame ring for example.

and Friday is a weaker night for TV ratings than thursdays, I know your pointing out going head to head with smackdown, but i'm confident TNA iMPACT would be top 10 on fridays aswell. So far 2011 has been the highest rated year on average for TNA iMPACT! so progress is coming slowly, but it is coming popularity and brand awareness wise.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ren;3916349 said:

Great post

All truth.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3915743 said:
Yes, it's clear your in denial about them.
However you need to see so that you refrain from telling me your feelings on those two guys from now on is fine with me.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;3916174 said:
The 5 Knuckle Shuffle, The Peoples Elbow, the Worm....these are/were all very stupid signature moves.
The cobra strike, Hogan's leg drop. There are always boring finish moves.

I do like Cena's step over submission move. Much like Benoit's Crippler Crossface.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
I was just thinking of Benoit today and trying to remember if he came from Stu Hart's school...

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;3916151 said:
Ummmm rather it's simple or not you realise they actually tap people out in MMA with arm bars, right? So rather it's 'simple' or not doesn't mean it isn't an effective move.

And ask all the guys who get trapped in arm bars and have to tap if it's a simple stretch move that makes their shoulder feel better.

MMA and WWE are two amazingly different things. The moves in WWE are much more dramatic and sensationalized, so something like an armbar is very basic. Its not like MMA where every move is real so things that are much more simple can inflict pain.

WWE is about entertainment.. MMA is not. The moves in the WWE therefore are on a completely different level, they have to be to draw ratings.

Again, the armbar is one of the simplest moves in pro wrestling, and there's absolutely no risk and no excitement that comes from it.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Ren;3916296 said:

Since you mention Hogan and Flair.. it seems to me the company was doing better before they got there honestly. I enjoyed the program more. But you can't blame TNA for trying to use big names to boost their ratings.

The WWE does the same thing. They had to bring back Rock, Austin, and HHH for WM to try and boost ratings, because without those three the card was pretty tired. Besides the HHH/Taker match, really the only other good thing about the PPV was Orten/Punk.

The point though, is that TNA isn't the only company trying to use past stars to draw better ratings.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
DallasGirl50;3916473 said:
I was just thinking of Benoit today and trying to remember if he came from Stu Hart's school...

RIP.. Benoit was one of my favorites.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3916488 said:
RIP.. Benoit was one of my favorites.

He was an excellent wrestler but I have to be honest..my opinion of him is colored by the fact that he murdered 2 people..2 innocent people at that. I realize he was mentally ill but still..

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
DallasGirl50;3916492 said:
He was an excellent wrestler but I have to be honest..my opinion of him is colored by the fact that he murdered 2 people..2 innocent people at that. I realize he was mentally ill but still..

There's a reason that our justice system doesn't send mentally ill people to prison.. they can't be responsible for what they do when they arn't in their right mind.

Purely as a wrestler and entertainer though.. there's no denying he was great.