Edge retires from WWE.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3916498 said:
There's a reason that our justice system doesn't send mentally ill people to prison.. they can't be responsible for what they do when they arn't in their right mind.

Purely as a wrestler and entertainer though.. there's no denying he was great.

Not to be argumentative and I'll leave it at this..but Charles Manson is mentally ill...Lennon's murderer is mentally ill (ugh..forgot his name!)...Reagan's shooter is mentally ill..

anyway they are all in prison and they are mentally ill. Perhaps I am not understanding your point but never mind.

Back to point. Yes he was a great wrestler. I personally never thought of him as anything other than a wrestler..he was not good on the mic but he was not much for talking.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3916488 said:
RIP.. Benoit was one of my favorites.

Same. Benoit was great. I don't place nearly as much emphasis on mic skills as I do in-ring skills when choosing my favorites, Benoit was one of my top 5. What he did just ruins it when I look back though.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3916249 said:
the F5, Sweet Chin Music, the RKO, The Pedigree and the Styles Clash are my favorites

I liked it when it was called the "Diamond Cutter".

Orton makes it look like ****.

Mrdude108

Corleone
Reaction score
Edge was a great wrestler, provided us with many years of quality matches and pretty decent entertainment. He played heel, face, tag team and superstar all very well. He was always one of my favorites.

Benoit was one of my favorites as well, not condoning what he did AT ALL but his wrestling career can't be denied.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
For a guy with "no wrestling talent" Alberto Del Rio sure has succeeded a lot. He comes from a wrestling family and was on Mexico's Greco Roman wrestling Olympic team where he won several medals. Mexico couldn't afford to send their team to the Olympics so he missed out.

He has been a champion in federations in Mexico. Clearly those federations must not know anything about wrestling despite years of success and producing some amazing luchador wrestlers. He wrestled main cards in Japan. They must not know anything about wrestling either.

He even had a brief MMA career. 9 wins, 7 by submission. 5 losses. They must not have known how bad he was too.

How he hoodwinked the WWE is beyond me.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Hostile;3916598 said:
For a guy with "no wrestling talent" Alberto Del Rio sure has succeeded a lot. He comes from a wrestling family and was on Mexico's Greco Roman wrestling Olympic team where he won several medals. Mexico couldn't afford to send their team to the Olympics so he missed out.

He has been a champion in federations in Mexico. Clearly those federations must not know anything about wrestling despite years of success and producing some amazing luchador wrestlers. He wrestled main cards in Japan. They must not know anything about wrestling either.

He even had a brief MMA career. 9 wins, 7 by submission. 5 losses. They must not have known how bad he was too.

I don't think anyone has said that he isn't a good wrestler. Just boring.

Mrdude108

Corleone
Reaction score
Del Rio looks rather impressive but his gimmick annoys the hell out of me, the WWE is mainly about entertainment and wrestling usually comes second, unfortunately. We have seen that many times over the years.

Ren

Reaction score
Hostile;3916598 said:

A couple of those where in Pride back when Pride was the #1 place for MMA, pretty impressive level to compete at for someone who was just doing MMA on the side to supplement his wrestling income

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
Aren't there several wrestlers currently doing the MMA thing? Wasn't that where Batista was headed?

Ren

Reaction score
There's been a few who's tried but Lesnar is really the only one to have had any success doing it at a high level, Angle could probably have been really good at it had he been younger, healthier and able to pass a drug test, he was a world class amateur wrestler

Mrdude108

Corleone
Reaction score
Angle would have been interesting to see try MMA when he was in his prime, I think he could have done some damage. How did Bobby Lashley's carer pan out?

Ren

Reaction score
He's not in strikeforce anymore so he's heading in the wrong direction

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
Taker has said when he retires he will sponsor some MMA guys...and he also said if he could go back he'd go to MMA over wrestling. He loves that stuff and goes to all the big matches.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Corleone;3917008 said:
Angle would have been interesting to see try MMA when he was in his prime, I think he could have done some damage. How did Bobby Lashley's carer pan out?

He's 7-1 in his career, on a 5 fight winning streak, so based on that, pretty well.

Ren

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3917181 said:
He's 7-1 in his career, on a 5 fight winning streak, so based on that, pretty well.

He's also taken a huge a step down in competition