Either way on this QB thing, a Cowboy fan isn't stupid

Blake

Reaction score
I have no idea why some folks get so bothered at the truth. Romo had 13 chances. He can ride into the sunset with his 2 playoff wins and good QB rating. Personally, im looking to the future however. I truly believe this team has the chance to win it all if the correct decisions are made.

They're offended that not everyone agrees with them that Romo is elite. He was a really good quarterback that yes, given the right pieces could've gotten us to the big dance, but not elite. It is what it is. Some of us have just accepted it sooner than others.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I would be ecstatic if Jones would come out and say (and back up his words), "Who plays quarterback is Jason Garrett's decision and his decision alone. He's the head coach." I'd doubt that will happen, but it's what should.
yeah dont hold your breath on that one lol.

plymkr

Reaction score
Even you said it. "You don't know" if this will impact chemistry or not. I'll answer this, IT WILL. And let's just say "we don't know," why even take the chance when what we have is ALREADY WORKING. Romo likely threw a party at his house to stay relevant. It won't work. I watch the team fairly closely. When Dak throws a TD, Romo stands there with a giant smirk on his face. Sanchez actually goes to talk to Dak and coaches him. When Elliott broke a TD run Romo jumped out of his seat. HUGE difference.

The whole thing doesn't matter. Romo has already lost the team in certain respects. 80-90% of the fans want Dak and will be furious if Romo is put back in. Anything less than a Super Bowl, which he has zero chance of, again there will some HIGHLY upset fans.

To the other poster who said defenses will figure out Dak... They have been trying this all along. He can't ne stopped. Romo after 13 years had the multiple pick 6s in his last two games. Experience really mattered that much right? He's too old and washed up to ever be a decent QB again. Even Romo at decent, which he isn't anymore, wasn't good enough to get the job done. Why people want to return to failure is truly baffling.
Um, okay. Please enlighten me. How can you be so definitive that it will affect chemistry? You said Tony has a smirk on his face every time Dak scores. Tony always has a smirk on his face. But what I want to know is how do you know that Romo threw a party just to stay relevant. How do you know what Romo is doing, or not doing, to help Dak in practice, meetings and in the game. It seems like you have a lot if insider information. Please enlighten me. Also BTW you never did answer my question from before. You stated that Romo had 13 years to get it done and hasn't. Well if playoff success is the only way to measure a QB then why is Sanchez riding the pine. He got it done to the tune of back to back AFC title games. Please answer the question I posed to you in the other thread. Since you know so much about the inner workings of the locker room and what players are thinking and motivated by. I'm sure the question if Sanchez not starting with all of his playoff success should be in easy one for you to answer.

rpntex

Reaction score
Even you said it. "You don't know" if this will impact chemistry or not. I'll answer this, IT WILL. And let's just say "we don't know," why even take the chance when what we have is ALREADY WORKING. Romo likely threw a party at his house to stay relevant. It won't work. I watch the team fairly closely. When Dak throws a TD, Romo stands there with a giant smirk on his face. Sanchez actually goes to talk to Dak and coaches him. When Elliott broke a TD run Romo jumped out of his seat. HUGE difference..

This is a pile of crap. I, too, watch the games, and the TV folks know to get a shot of Romo when Dak does something good as they know it will be relevant to the debate. I have yet to see Romo not in a celebrant mood when they catch him after a Dak TD. S for your other statement there, there's video evidence that it's nothing more than a trollish lie. Last week against the Packers, the NFL Network had several players mic'd, as well as a mic on both sidelines. One of the clips in this week's show captured Romo telling Dak what to expect when h got a certain defensive look.

Stop lying!

Gabe

Reaction score
This is a pile of crap. I, too, watch the games, and the TV folks know to get a shot of Romo when Dak does something good as they know it will be relevant to the debate. I have yet to see Romo not in a celebrant mood when they catch him after a Dak TD. S for your other statement there, there's video evidence that it's nothing more than a trollish lie. Last week against the Packers, the NFL Network had several players mic'd, as well as a mic on both sidelines. One of the clips in this week's show captured Romo telling Dak what to expect when h got a certain defensive look.

Stop lying!
You stop lying. Go back and watch the games. Unless you have access to some different game film than the regular broadcast... Romo is NEVER excited to see Dak throw a TD. He just stands there silence with a disappointed smirk on his face. This was also in sharp contrast to Zeke's big TD run where Romo jumped out of his seat.

It is easy to understand the posts about Romo's lack of locker room leadership. It really doesn't matter though... He is at the very end of his career anyway and he is completely washed up.

etw926

Reaction score
You stop lying. Go back and watch the games. Unless you have access to some different game film than the regular broadcast... Romo is NEVER excited to see Dak throw a TD. He just stands there silence with a disappointed smirk on his face. This was also in sharp contrast to Zeke's big TD run where Romo jumped out of his seat.

It is easy to understand the posts about Romo's lack of locker room leadership. It really doesn't matter though... He is at the very end of his career anyway and he is completely washed up.
The one with the disappointed smirk on their face will be you when Romo is starting. I can't wait.

Gabe

Reaction score
The one with the disappointed smirk on their face will be you when Romo is starting. I can't wait.
I'll be pulling for Romo IF/WHEN that time comes, believe it or not. Do I think he has a horrible attitude and will ruin this season? YES!

Blake

Reaction score

And the disappointment will extend into February as we once again fail to make the Superbowl with him at the helm.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'll be pulling for Romo IF/WHEN that time comes, believe it or not. Do I think he has a horrible attitude and will ruin this season? YES!
I don't understand how you can think Romo has a horrible attitude. You're reading too much into tiny second snippets that you see from the sideline.
He's been extremely helpful to Dak and genuinely likes the kid.
He even tries to stay out of the spotlight and defers to "the guys who deserve the interviews".

It's one thing to the think Dak should remain the starter...that's just your honest opinion. So that part, at least, is fair.
But projecting what you think someone thinks and turrning that player (Romo) into some guy with a bad attitude...that's just not a fair analysis.

Of course, like any real pro, he is competitive enough to want to play at some point. That is how pro athlete get to where they are in the first place.

etw926

Reaction score
I've read enough of your post to know that this is BS. The only things that you will be pulling for when it comes to Romo is another injury or for him to fail. Horrible attitude? You need to put down that crack pipe.

Last edited:

Blake

Reaction score
I've read enough of your post to know that this is BS. The only things that you will be pulling for when it comes to Romo is another injury or for him to fail. Horrible attitude? You need to put down that crack pipe.

Do you root for Dak? Just curious.

etw926

Reaction score
Do you root for Dak? Just curious.
I'm starting to think that you and Gabe are the same person. You respond whenever i quote one of his ridiculous post.

Of course I root for Dak or anybody that wears the star. I am a Cowboys fan first and have been a fan long before Tony and will be long after. I just know that right now he should be our starting QB unless he shows that he cannot do it anymore.

Blake

Reaction score
I'm starting to think that you and Gabe are the same person. You respond whenever i quote one of his ridiculous post.

Of course I root for Dak or anybody that wears the star. I am a Cowboys fan first and have been a fan long before Tony and will be long after. I just know that right now he should be our starting QB unless he shows that he cannot do it anymore.

Good to hear.

plymkr

Reaction score
And the disappointment will extend into February as we once again fail to make the Superbowl with him at the helm.
This statement reminds me that Gabe hasn't answered my question that I have asked in 2 separate threads now. So I'll say it again in case you forgot the question.

If playoff success is the only means to judge a QB, why is Sanchez riding the pine with more playoff success than any of our other QB's combined. Sanchez took his teams to back to back AFC title games. So if playoff success is the only determining factor in judging a QB why is Sanchez not starting?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
This statement reminds me that Gabe hasn't answered my question that I have asked in 2 separate threads now. So I'll say it again in case you forgot the question.

If playoff success is the only means to judge a QB, why is Sanchez riding the pine with more playoff success than any of our other QB's combined. Sanchez took his teams to back to back AFC title games. So if playoff success is the only determining factor in judging a QB why is Sanchez not starting?
Because he can't play anymore. He's regressed big time. Back when the jets made the championship games he was capable. He wasn't a great QB but he was average. He isn't even that anymore.

plymkr

Reaction score
Because he can't play anymore. He's regressed big time. Back when the jets made the championship games he was capable. He wasn't a great QB but he was average. He isn't even that anymore.
I know that. I understand why he isn't starting. My question is for Gabe and that other guy who's premise is that Romo should not be starting when healthy because of his lack of success in the post season. So by that logic, and that logic alone, Sanchez should be our starting QB. I'm not advocating Sanchez to be our starting QB at all. In fact I never want to see him in a game. But Gabe and the other guy are basing the anti-Romo narrative on his playoff success alone. Hence that's why I am wondering why isn't Sanchez starting if playoff success is the only means to pick a starter.

Gabe

Reaction score
Personally it wouldn't the only factor I would look at, but it is a VERY important factor. Let me provide you two groups of QBs and you tell me which you think Romo belongs in. Be honest. Im only including QBs with many NFL years of experience because obviously someone who has been in the league 1-2 years will have less playoff wins.

Dan Marino 8 wins
Big Ben 11 wins
Tom Brady 22 wins
Joe Flacco 10 wins
Donovan McNabb 9 wins
Terry Bradshaw 14 wins
Kurt Warner 9 wins
Brett Favre 13 wins
Joe Montana 16 wins
Troy Aikman 11 wins
Roger Staubach 11 wins

Billy Kilmer 2 wins
Ken Anderson 2 wins
Drew Bledsoe 3 wins
Vinny Testaverde 2 wins
Dan Fouts 3 wins
Matt Hasselbeck 5 wins
Michael Vick 2 wins

Notice a theme among some of the best NFL QBs? What do most people think of the other list of QBs and where does Romo belong? What about a VERY old and washed up Romo?

Also, that guy named Tom Brady... You realize Dak just beat a key record of his... As a rookie thrown into the fire so to speak.

Last edited:

plymkr

Reaction score
Personally it wouldn't the only factor I would look at, but it is a VERY important factor. Let me provide you two groups of QBs and you tell me which you think Romo belongs in. Be honest. Im only including QBs with many NFL years of experience because obviously someone who has been in the league 1-2 years will have less playoff wins.

Dan Marino 8 wins
Big Ben 11 wins
Tom Brady 22 wins
Joe Flacco 10 wins
Donovan McNabb 9 wins
Terry Bradshaw 14 wins
Kurt Warner 9 wins
Brett Favre 13 wins
Joe Montana 16 wins
Troy Aikman 11 wins
Roger Staubach 11 wins

Billy Kilmer 2 wins
Ken Anderson 2 wins
Drew Bledsoe 3 wins
Vinny Testaverde 2 wins
Dan Fouts 3 wins
Matt Hasselbeck 5 wins
Michael Vick 2 wins

Notice a theme among some of the best NFL QBs? What do most people think of the other list of QBs and where does Romo belong?
What does this have to do with Romo starting this year? You can debate his legacy for the rest of time. The answer you're avoiding is the game of football is a team game. I like your lists that you provided. What does Troy Aikman, Bradshaw, Flacco, Brady, Montana, Staubach, and I'll even throw one in Trent Dilfer, have in common? They played with a complete team and a dominate defense. Romo has been hurt by the supporting cast around him. I feel playoff success for a QB is a over rated stat to look at because it looks just at the QB and not at the whole team. The whole team loses games not just the QB and the whole team wins games.

It's not fair to say that Romo isn't clutch when he has the 2nd highest 4th qtr rating in NFL history. He also has the most comebacks of any QB since he became a starter, also his stats are impressive. Has he won in the playoffs or gotten to the playoffs much? No he hasn't but to say that it's his fault alone isn't fair and it's generalizing. The dallas cowboys as a team were not playoff caliber teams.

But to answer your question I would say he belongs in the 2nd group and that's a shame because talent wise he's much more than that but has been hamstrung by bad management, coaching and supporting cast.

This season a healthy Romo is a better QB than Prescott, and I'm a big fan of Dak, go read my other posts about Dak. A healthy Romo is more experienced, talented and savvy. Now as Dak matures, look out NFL, but this season Romo is our best bet, IMO

Gabe

Reaction score
What does this have to do with Romo starting this year? You can debate his legacy for the rest of time. The answer you're avoiding is the game of football is a team game. I like your lists that you provided. What does Troy Aikman, Bradshaw, Flacco, Brady, Montana, Staubach, and I'll even throw one in Trent Dilfer, have in common? They played with a complete team and a dominate defense. Romo has been hurt by the supporting cast around him. I feel playoff success for a QB is a over rated stat to look at because it looks just at the QB and not at the whole team. The whole team loses games not just the QB and the whole team wins games.

It's not fair to say that Romo isn't clutch when he has the 2nd highest 4th qtr rating in NFL history. He also has the most comebacks of any QB since he became a starter, also his stats are impressive. Has he won in the playoffs or gotten to the playoffs much? No he hasn't but to say that it's his fault alone isn't fair and it's generalizing. The dallas cowboys as a team were not playoff caliber teams.

But to answer your question I would say he belongs in the 2nd group and that's a shame because talent wise he's much more than that but has been hamstrung by bad management, coaching and supporting cast.

This season a healthy Romo is a better QB than Prescott, and I'm a big fan of Dak, go read my other posts about Dak. A healthy Romo is more experienced, talented and savvy. Now as Dak matures, look out NFL, but this season Romo is our best bet, IMO
That is all opinion and full of excuses for Romo. Every QB on the list can put together a list of 100 excuses as to why they should have a better record than they do. Romo has had PLENTY of talent to work with. I wish Dak had Terrell Owens to throw to and Ware as an elite pass rusher on defense. Have I made any of these excuses for him? No, I really haven't made any at all... I even said not having Dez and Tyron Smith wouldn't matter and was right because Dak is the QB.

Im tired of losing, tired of excuses and ready to see this team win. I also KNOW Dak gives us our only chance at it. Now and for the forseeable future...

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score

Dan Marino 8 wins
Big Ben 11 wins
Tom Brady 22 wins
Joe Flacco 10 wins
Donovan McNabb 9 wins
Terry Bradshaw 14 wins
Kurt Warner 9 wins
Brett Favre 13 wins
Joe Montana 16 wins
Troy Aikman 11 wins
Roger Staubach 11 wins

Billy Kilmer 2 wins
Ken Anderson 2 wins
Drew Bledsoe 3 wins
Vinny Testaverde 2 wins
Dan Fouts 3 wins
Matt Hasselbeck 5 wins
Michael Vick 2 wins

Notice a theme among some of the best NFL QBs? What do most people think of the other list of QBs and where does Romo belong? What about a VERY old and washed up Romo?

Also, that guy named Tom Brady... You realize Dak just beat a key record of his... As a rookie thrown into the fire so to speak.

I agree with you but in no way shape or form should Donovan McNabb's name be mentioned in the upper echelon of historically great QB's. That's the fatal flaw here.