Either way on this QB thing, a Cowboy fan isn't stupid

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
lol. It's a certainty that ole Jerry boy WILL **** it up. That goes without saying. In the end, 1 or 2 seasons down tne road...this young Cowboy team wins a SB and l get to live long enough to see it!! It will not happen this year...but it will happen soon. This club is for real. Just wait a while. Even Jerry can not **** this up in the long run. Bet on it!!

If Dak keeps winning...it's just not a prudent move to yank him for Romo? What message does this send to our young team? We all know who the boss is however based on our recent drafts and overall FO managemenent/coaching of late, I'm not so sure Stephen, Scott and Jason don't get a HUGE say in this.... My bet is that as long as Dak continues his steady play....the out will be Tony's "health" which is truly ambiguous at this point. You'll hear a ton of "being cautious" "being evaluated" "working into football shape" or maybe even a few "setbacks" while Dak continues to roll.

Last edited:

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
If Dak keeps winning...it's just not a prudent move to yank him for Romo? What message does this send to our young team? We all know who the boss is however based on our recent drafts and overall FO managemenent/coaching, I'm not so sure Stephen, Scott and Jason don't get a HUGE say in this.... My bet is that as long as Dak continues his steady play....the out will be Tony's "health" which is truly ambiguous at this point. You'll hear a ton of "being cautious" "being evaluated" "working into football shape" or maybe even a few "setbacks" while Dak continues to roll.

I would be ecstatic if Jones would come out and say (and back up his words), "Who plays quarterback is Jason Garrett's decision and his decision alone. He's the head coach." I'd doubt that will happen, but it's what should.

rpntex

Reaction score
He's posting in the appropriate forum, the QB Zone, so what is really your beef? If he were filtering these threads onto the Main board, then maybe you'd have some weight in your complaint.

He may be posting in the appropriate forum, but since when is the word "wrinkled" an appropriate criticism to be taken seriously? It's one of Gabe's go-to characterizations of Romo.

rpntex

Reaction score
I've said it many times. I am tired of seeing this team lose. Dak is our ONLY chance to win right now. I said he was better than Russell Wilson when he was in his junior year in college, and many friends and coworkers laughed. MANY here made quotes like "he will never play an NFL snap" "Wait until the games matter" "this is vanilla" "wait until he plays a real team" etc, etc, etc...

I have been right on him the ENTIRE time I've been here. I said when Dez got hurt that it mattered absolutely ZERO and got ridiculed BIGTIME here. Well, I was 100% completely accurate. Don't hate me because I continue to be right and can actually see what is going to happen better than most.

I hate seeing wasted potential and again I want to see us win. I'll continue sharing my thoughts as long as im welcome here. If you don't agree with them, trust me you are not alone and believe me that bothers me zero.

You completely avoided the issue (surprise)...

The problem people have with you is that you can't just promote your preference for Dak without cutting down Romo. You will find that the VAST majority of posters are capable of of expressing their preference for one without demeaning the other. I, for one, believe that Dak's inexperience will eventually be something opposing defensive coordinators can take advantage of. As they develop a book on him, they'll be able to throw wrinkles and make adjustments to counter what he does so well. Someone will eventually come with a wrinkle that he doesn't recognize, and it could cost him. To his credit, so far he's adapted to whatever defenses show him. With 13 years in the league, there's not anything a DC can throw at Romo that he hasn't seen, however.

Notice I stated my concern regarding Dak, but at no point did I make any kind of demeaning comment. Mine is a legitimate concern. Your favorite characterization - wrinkled - is demeaning and insulting. It's also the poersonal signature of someone whose only intention is to troll.

plymkr

Reaction score
Doesn't add up... Same O-line last year... We couldn't purchase a win... not even close. The Kid has the second best QBR, over 100 passer rating, 1 INT, beat Brady's record starting a career, is poised, makes great decisions and is leading a 5-1 squad so far. C'mon man... give Dak some credit. Just a little? Doesn't mean you don't support Romo.. lol
As a Romo fan boy I completely agree with this. I can't look at the Cowboys and not see how special Dak is. The offensive line is special, EE is special and Dak is special. When I think about this debate I think that no matter what side you are on there's really no wrong answer. As a Romo boy I hope they start Romo when he's healthy but if they don't then I will be happy watching Dak tear apart defenses and win games. If Romo starts then we will watch Romo tear apart defenses and win games. As fans this is what we don't know. We don't know what Jerry and the other coaches are seeing in practice from Romo. Romo could be showing them that as he's healing or once he's healed he is playing at the level that he played in 2014. I really don't think that Jerry will pull Dak if Romo isn't 100% healthy and is showing out in practice. As loyal as Jerry is, he's not that stupid. He's not going to just hand the keys to Romo out of loyalty when we're 5-1. I feel if Romo does start anytime this year it will be because either he is practicing at a high level and they feel they can do more with the offense or Dak somehow falls to Earth. I feel that it will be because Romo will show out in practice because honestly I don't see Dak regressing. I think this is his basement and he's only going to get better. And that is scary for the rest of the league.

Now let's talk chemistry for a second. Everyone, including myself, has assumed that if Dak is pulled for Romo it will upset chemistry. I don't know if that's the case. Romo has been helping Dak all along. there's no animosity there. It's not like when Bledsoe was pulled and he pretty pouted the rest of the season. Romo has been behind Dak and supporting him. Romo had a team party at his house. These are things that teams do when they're close and like each other. We're assuming Dak may take it bad or regress due to being pulled. I doubt it, seeing how mature he is. And we assume that Romo will be angry and demand a trade, again I doubt that too given how supportive he's been. Either way this plays out we will field the best QB in the division and one of the best QB's in the league.

I think we as fans are making this personal amongst ourselves when the players involved aren't.

rpntex

Reaction score
Daks rookie season is already matching Romos best year in his 13 year career. Add the fact that Dak in his rookie season doesnt make stupid decisions it seems to me like there is no decision to be made here. Start Dak, trade Romo to some sucker team that thinks he has anything left to offer but him throwing game ending ints

Let's revisit the comparison in January. Then it would be a legitimate comparison. Right now it's a comparison of six games vs. a full season.

plymkr

Reaction score
Mike LB, outside rusher, resign Church, Carr and Mo.

Draft DE, MLB rounds one and two and attack the rest of our D in free agency... and Haley, we are a favorite (I agree with safety, but prefer SS to push Church).

The time to attack free agency is now. With a bubble contender, as you very well know, is when you sign big names. Free agency is a joke when your team is far away, but we are close. So damn close.
Don't forget about Jaylon Smith. if he recovers fully then that's a top 5 pick on the defensive side of the ball that could be a game changer. Or will be a game changer.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Don't forget about Jaylon Smith. if he recovers fully then that's a top 5 pick on the defensive side of the ball that could be a game changer. Or will be a game changer.

Oh, Plymkr, I have not forgotten young Jaylon, or given up any hope whatsoever. I believe brudda, but just in case... :)

plymkr

Reaction score
Oh, Plymkr, I have not forgotten young Jaylon, or given up any hope whatsoever. I believe brudda, but just in case... :)
I agree, also you can never have too many talented LBers. I get goose bumps thinking about Jaylon, Sean Lee, and another stud draft pick as out LB corps next year. with the improved play of the secondary, ew that's scary for the league. There's a lot of other team's fans that saw us dominate the Packers last week and are thinking Dem Boyz are Back!!!

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I agree, also you can never have too many talented LBers. I get goose bumps thinking about Jaylon, Sean Lee, and another stud draft pick as out LB corps next year. with the improved play of the secondary, ew that's scary for the league. There's a lot of other team's fans that saw us dominate the Packers last week and are thinking Dem Boyz are Back!!!

Preach, brudda!! Wholeheartedly agree, Plymkr! :) Smith and Lee, I'm swooning!

Blake

Reaction score
He may be posting in the appropriate forum, but since when is the word "wrinkled" an appropriate criticism to be taken seriously? It's one of Gabe's go-to characterizations of Romo.

I actually agree. The reoccurring subtle jab at Tony's age isn't constructive, and it is things like that which certainly get my troll sensors firing. A few irksome words or phrases aren't going to cloud my overall assessment of a board member however. I think Gabe posts decent content for the most part, and also occasionally acts like a brat, but he doesn't strike me as the insidious type of individual that some so badly wish to portray him as because of their own hurt feelings about Romo.

haleyrules

Reaction score
If Dak keeps winning...it's just not a prudent move to yank him for Romo? What message does this send to our young team? We all know who the boss is however based on our recent drafts and overall FO managemenent/coaching of late, I'm not so sure Stephen, Scott and Jason don't get a HUGE say in this.... My bet is that as long as Dak continues his steady play....the out will be Tony's "health" which is truly ambiguous at this point. You'll hear a ton of "being cautious" "being evaluated" "working into football shape" or maybe even a few "setbacks" while Dak continues to roll.
I sure hope your right and it certainly could work out just like that. There would be no complaints from me. Just keep in mind who the GM really is and be prepared for a bad decision...thats all l'm doing.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Dave, if they do that then Jerry should be commited to a lunatic asylum!!

Should have happened many moons ago, Haley. Hell, it should still be done... just give him 5 cases of Walker Blue, a straw (he'd surely be in a straight-jacket) lock the door, and throw the key away :)

:muttley:

haleyrules

Reaction score
The club could use a OT but there are plenty of good tackles after the 3rd round.

Gabe

Reaction score
chemistry for a second. Everyone, including myself, has assumed that if Dak is pulled for Romo it will upset chemistry. I don't know if that's the case. Romo has been helping Dak all along. there's no animosity there. It's not like when Bledsoe was pulled and he pretty pouted the rest of the season. Romo has been behind Dak and supporting him. Romo had a team party at his house. These are things that teams do when they're close and like each other. We're assuming Dak may ta
Even you said it. "You don't know" if this will impact chemistry or not. I'll answer this, IT WILL. And let's just say "we don't know," why even take the chance when what we have is ALREADY WORKING. Romo likely threw a party at his house to stay relevant. It won't work. I watch the team fairly closely. When Dak throws a TD, Romo stands there with a giant smirk on his face. Sanchez actually goes to talk to Dak and coaches him. When Elliott broke a TD run Romo jumped out of his seat. HUGE difference.

The whole thing doesn't matter. Romo has already lost the team in certain respects. 80-90% of the fans want Dak and will be furious if Romo is put back in. Anything less than a Super Bowl, which he has zero chance of, again there will some HIGHLY upset fans.

To the other poster who said defenses will figure out Dak... They have been trying this all along. He can't ne stopped. Romo after 13 years had the multiple pick 6s in his last two games. Experience really mattered that much right? He's too old and washed up to ever be a decent QB again. Even Romo at decent, which he isn't anymore, wasn't good enough to get the job done. Why people want to return to failure is truly baffling.

weaver21

Reaction score
Even you said it. "You don't know" if this will impact chemistry or not. I'll answer this, IT WILL. And let's just say "we don't know," why even take the chance when what we have is ALREADY WORKING. Romo likely threw a party at his house to stay relevant. It won't work. I watch the team fairly closely. When Dak throws a TD, Romo stands there with a giant smirk on his face. Sanchez actually goes to talk to Dak and coaches him. When Elliott broke a TD run Romo jumped out of his seat. HUGE difference.

The whole thing doesn't matter. Romo has already lost the team in certain respects. 80-90% of the fans want Dak and will be furious if Romo is put back in. Anything less than a Super Bowl, which he has zero chance of, again there will some HIGHLY upset fans.

To the other poster who said defenses will figure out Dak... They have been trying this all along. He can't ne stopped. Romo after 13 years had the multiple pick 6s in his last two games. Experience really mattered that much right? He's too old and washed up to ever be a decent QB again. Even Romo at decent, which he isn't anymore, wasn't good enough to get the job done. Why people want to return to failure is truly baffling.

Why do you have to constantly talk crap on Romo all the time? I understand your stance on the whole QB thing, but there's no need to keep saying Romo is old and wrinkled like you're describing him as a 80-something year old man. If you can't appreciate what Romo has done for this team, then that's fine. Dak has been great and is the future of the team. However, I can talk about him without having to drag Romo's name through the dirt. You seem to do that with EVERY post you've had on this site. I just don't understand the need to do it all the time.

Gabe

Reaction score
Why do you have to constantly talk crap on Romo all the time? I understand your stance on the whole QB thing, but there's no need to keep saying Romo is old and wrinkled like you're describing him as a 80-something year old man. If you can't appreciate what Romo has done for this team, then that's fine. Dak has been great and is the future of the team. However, I can talk about him without having to drag Romo's name through the dirt. You seem to do that with EVERY post you've had on this site. I just don't understand the need to do it all the time.
I have no idea why some folks get so bothered at the truth. Romo had 13 chances. He can ride into the sunset with his 2 playoff wins and good QB rating. Personally, im looking to the future however. I truly believe this team has the chance to win it all if the correct decisions are made.