Either way on this QB thing, a Cowboy fan isn't stupid

haleyrules

Reaction score
Doesn't add up... Same O-line last year... We couldn't purchase a win... not even close. The Kid has the second best QBR, over 100 passer rating, 1 INT, beat Brady's record starting a career, is poised, makes great decisions and is leading a 5-1 squad so far. C'mon man... give Dak some credit. Just a little? Doesn't mean you don't support Romo.. lol
Exactly. Good post. Thats the unemotional guts of this bebate. Enjoy what the Club has. Nothing more.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Easy
Jones will start Romo.

I don't know Haley, I think Jones keeps Dak in if we beat PHI. You think Jerruh would really pull Dak out if we're 6-1 under his helm?

I know Jerry is knee jerk and loyal to a fault, but is he that dense? Won't the org step in and stop him (Stephen and co)?

haleyrules

Reaction score
I don't know Haley, I think Jones keeps Dak in if we beat PHI. You think Jerruh would really pull Dak out if we're 6-1 under his helm?

I know Jerry is knee jerk and loyal to a fault, but is he that dense? Won't the org step in and stop him (Stephen and co)?
Tony is Jerry's boy...100%..This is Romo's last shot at it. Jerry puts him in if it is in any way possible. Never mind Stephen or anyone else. This is Jerry's BBQ and he has always danced to his own band. Romo is in...if he can play. Bet on it. Tell you what else...Romo can will, offensively, with this OL and Elliott running the ball. From Jerry's end..its a shrewd move...the Cowboys won't win it all this year...Romo will be the scape goat and be released June 1st...the club goes defense in the off season...Prescott takes the NEW Cowboys to the SB..Its a new era in Jerry World.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Tony is Jerry's boy...100%..This is Romo's last shot at it. Jerry puts him in if it is in any way possible. Never mind Stephen or anyone else. This is Jerry's BBQ and he has always danced to his own band. Romo is in...if he can play. Bet on it. Tell you what else...Romo can will, offensively, with this OL and Elliott running the ball. From Jerry's end..its a shrewd move...the Cowboys won't win it all this year...Romo will be the scape goat and be released June 1st...the club goes defense in the off season...Prescott takes the NEW Cowboys to the SB..Its a new era in Jerry World.

Even as a true blue Romo fanboi, I will be legitimately pissed if we pull Dak out if he is winning still when Romo is ready. I've done a complete 180 on my stance as Dak has continued to look Brady-esque (the best comp he has imo, I have a post somewhere breaking down their similarities, this early in their respective careers).

I get the money aspect, but not at the expense of our guys' psyche (may be a bit dramatic, but just trying to drive a point).

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
So with this same team.. in 2016 would Weeden and or Cassell have us sitting at 5-1?

Definitely not. I do think having Zeke last year would have resulted in more wins than they had, but 5 and 1, no way. This is a nice problem to have. We've got the best O-line and running game in the league, and our D has improved, and we've got two starting quality quarterbacks. Our big problem is choosing which one to play. Very, very nice problem to have. IMO we should go with the hot hand and keep Dak in there, but I'm not going to call anyone stupid for claiming Romo should get his job back.

What a great problem to have. Can you imagine if last year someone had posted that Weeden or Cassel was looking so great that he should take Romo's job? What a knee slapper that would have been.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Even as a true blue Romo fanboi, I will be legitimately pissed if we pull Dak out if he is winning still when Romo is ready. I've done a complete 180 on my stance as Dak as continued to look Brady-esque (the best comp he has imo, I have a post somewhere breaking down their similarities).

I get the money aspect, but not at the expense of our guys' psyche (may be a bit dramatic, but just trying to drive a point).
lol. I am dying to see how this plays out. You and l will be front and center my good friend. Prescott appears to be the real future. He is young and time is on his side. I like the boy and really hope he is the real McCoy. The club and fans need this. Tony is very near the end..believe it. Jones has apoint to prove...lets see what happens.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
lol. I am dying to see how this plays out. You and l will be front and center my good friend. Prescott appears to be the real future. He is young and time is on his side. I like the boy and really hope he is the real McCoy. The club and fans need this. Tony is very near the end..believe it. Jones has apoint to prove...lets see what happens.

Agreed with all of that, my brother. I hope Jerry doesn't **** this up. If he goes with Tony, he better be damn sure that Tony can continue to drive this club. (Hurts my bleeding heart to type that).

As it is, we have a bubble contender with how relatively week the NFC is this year.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Agreed with all of that, my brother. I hope Jerry doesn't **** this up. If he goes with Tony, he better be damn sure that Tony can continue to drive this club. (Hurts my bleeding heart to type that).

As it is, we have a bubble contender with how relatively week the NFC is this year.
lol. It's a certainty that ole Jerry boy WILL **** it up. That goes without saying. In the end, 1 or 2 seasons down tne road...this young Cowboy team wins a SB and l get to live long enough to see it!! It will not happen this year...but it will happen soon. This club is for real. Just wait a while. Even Jerry can not **** this up in the long run. Bet on it!!

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
lol. It's a certainty that ole Jerry boy WILL **** it up. That goes without saying. In the end, 1 or 2 seasons down tne road...this young Cowboy team wins a SB and l get to live long enough to see it!! It will not happen this year...but it will happen soon. This club is for real. Just wait a while. Even Jerry can not **** this up in the long run. Bet on it!!

We are for real, Haley. Our secondary is there. We need two key defensive pieces and we will jump from a ~15 ranked defense to a top 5 unit. With our elite offense, that's all it will take.

You're gonna see another SB in your lifetime, bubba, Jerry be damned. :) We're almost there, bubba.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Agreed. It'svery close. I would also like to see a burner at WO. Your right about the D..add a Haley and a ball hawk at safety...a killer LB and watch out!!

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Agreed. It'svery close. I would also like to see a burner at WO. Your right about the D..add a Haley and a ball hawk at safety...a killer LB and watch out!!

Mike LB, outside rusher, resign Church, Carr and Mo.

Draft DE, MLB rounds one and two and attack the rest of our D in free agency... and Haley, we are a favorite (I agree with safety, but prefer SS to push Church).

The time to attack free agency is now. With a bubble contender, as you very well know, is when you sign big names. Free agency is a joke when your team is far away, but we are close. So damn close.

haleyrules

Reaction score
So with this same team.. in 2016 would Weeden and or Cassell have us sitting at 5-1?
The guts of this offense rest in the fact that the present Ol line manhandles defenses and allows both Elliott and Prescott to free wheel. The line was not so dominant say last year either. Its made a huge difference. This line has even inspired the defensive side of the ball. I can not give it enough credit.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Mike LB, outside rusher, resign Church, Carr and Mo.

Draft DE, MLB rounds one and two and attack the rest of our D in free agency... and Haley, we are a favorite (I agree with safety, but prefer SS to push Church).

The time to attack free agency is now. With a bubble contender, as you very well know, is when you sign big names. Free agency is a joke when your team is far away, but we are close. So damn close.
Agreed. And not just talent on defense...but old fashioned toughness...a bloodthirsty..QB hating nasty bastid DE ...A safety like Jack Tatum or a player like Mel Blount...someone to put some fear in Offenses. Thats been a missing element under Garrett and before for too many years.

dallasdave

Reaction score
Agreed. And not just talent on defense...but old fashioned toughness...a bloodthirsty..QB hating nasty bastid DE ...A safety like Jack Tatum or a player like Mel Blount...someone to put some fear in Offenses. Thats been a missing element under Garrett and before for too many years.
Dallas will draft OT in first round next year.