Twitter: Elliott Not On Charter Flight To Camp

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
If our OL works well together, we can run anyone. Zeke benefits from the OL, not the other way around. If he doesn't want to pay, trade him to the next sucker team and do it quick.
Sorry but got to disagree with you. Not just any back can run in the NFL even if they have a good OL. It takes special talent and Zeke has it. If we lost Zeke because of a holdout we go 8-8 if we are lucky.

We are really debating over something that I don't think is going to happen. Zeke will not hold out and all will be good. Good thing is we won't have to wait long to find out.

Jipper

Reaction score
Sorry but got to disagree with you. Not just any back can run in the NFL even if they have a good OL. It takes special talent and Zeke has it. If we lost Zeke because of a holdout we go 8-8 if we are lucky.

We are really debating over something that I don't think is going to happen. Zeke will not hold out and all will be good. Good thing is we won't have to wait long to find out.

You are right but I think we could still end up better than 8 and 8 but he probably gives us 2 games...

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

With that guy, you can’t compare Zeke to any RB because he hates all Cowboys. You have to compare Zeke against somebody like Barkley then he MIGHT understand.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
You say some of the silliest stuff.

If Elliott holds out, the Cowboys have only three true TBs on the roster - Pollard, Jackson and Weber. Even if Weber and/or Pollard turned out to be good, they'd probably still have to bring in a vet TB or two. And right now ALL THREE are complete unknowns so it would be kind of silly to head into the season with not one proven entity at TB if Elliott holds out.
But wait. I am hearing that anyone can run behind this OL. Where have I heard that before? History repeats itself when the forum speaks.

jnday

Reaction score
Better pay him or be prepared to Le'veon Bell his butt and he can sit for the year. It will really hurt us. I hope it isn't so.
Without Zeke, the season is lost. If Dallas is going to win a Super Bowl, this is the year and it would be a shame to see the team fall apart when they should be Super Bowl champs.

JayFord

Reaction score
Without Zeke, the season is lost. If Dallas is going to win a Super Bowl, this is the year and it would be a shame to see the team fall apart when they should be Super Bowl champs.

Well if Zeke isn’t there then our coaches have to get creative with the offense

jnday

Reaction score
You are right but I think we could still end up better than 8 and 8 but he probably gives us 2 games...
e
The whole offense is centered around Zeke and the running game. It would cost the team much more than just a couple of games. The Zeke situation is very similar to the Emmitt hold out years ago. Dak would really be hurt without Zeke and Dak is not the type of QB to that could win without Zeke.

aria

Reaction score
e
The whole offense is centered around Zeke and the running game. It would cost the team much more than just a couple of games. The Zeke situation is very similar to the Emmitt hold out years ago. Dak would really be hurt without Zeke and Dak is not the type of QB to that could win without Zeke.
The whole offense WAS centered around Zeke. Linehan isn’t the OC this year.

KDM256

Reaction score
As a fan, I am not worried about Zeke being on a team plane for the start of training camp. If Zeke is no-where to be found in the middle of August is when I'll be quite concern. I've seen enough off season antics to know how these situations commonly occur with disgruntled star players looking to be compensated.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So which player gets to punch a hole in the wall to motivate Jerry to get this deal done?