Emmitt Smith taking a shot at Dak now

khiladi

Reaction score

Dak just runs the offense. You got to dumb everything down for him. He’s a mental midget at QB. He did the same thing against the 49ers 2 years back when he couldn’t take a safety, but he ran right into the defender, literally right into him, instead of throwing it away. The defender though decided not to wrap up and tackle him.

khiladi

Reaction score
The bottom line is that Dak is a softie that either isn't prepared, "tired" like Demarcus Lawrence, and/or doesn't have the mental and physical tools to get it done against top level competition.
It’s obvious it’s mental. This whole off-season was tailored to simplifying the offense for him. They’re done this multiple times, including the “Dak-friendly” offense. It’s like the Slater quote from the anonymous WR on the team that Dak “panics” when his first read isn’t there.

khiladi

Reaction score
Lmao Emmitt was as mad as me watching that Detroit sequence.

I think that’s a perfect example of why a McCarthy and Dak combo is never winning anything. Head coach and QB deserve equal blame there.
Well they said Moore did the same thing. Maybe Dak is just dumb and doesn’t know when to check into a run play.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Yeah. I think regardless of how you feel about Dak, Emmitt is untouchable. Last game of ‘93, winner take all in the division and home field advantage at stake. Emmitt played with a separated shoulder and practically willed us to a victory. Emmitt showed more heart, competitiveness, toughness than all the Cowboys teams in the last 20 years combined. He simply would not let us lose that game. In the Super Bowl of ‘93 he put the team on his back and we rode him to a repeat.

Attacking Emmitt is attacking the Cowboys’ legacy. Taking shots at Emmitt to validate any Cowboys coach or player since 2000 is heresy. If anyone believes Dak is a good player that’s cool, I respect your opinion, but don’t attack Emmitt or what he did for this franchise.
Couldn’t have said it better myself. I will not take anyone seriously who dogs Emmitt. Ain’t no one doing what he did guys like that only come along so often. I will not stand for any 22 slander especially over a player whose won jack all.

khiladi

Reaction score
The Dak over Dallas clowns who showed up in this thread did exactly what was expected of them and turned on a Cowboys legend just because he's smart enough to see their hero for what he is -- a worthless, overpaid hack.

Shameless and laughably predictable.
They think Dak is better than Aikman, who apparently was a “bus driver” in one of the most timing and precision-based passing offenses in an era where DBs were allowed to be physical,

khiladi

Reaction score
I didn’t bother listening to the Woody interview, but he absolutely was NOT a Dak believer for the majority of his career. He definitely didn’t think he was anywhere near the level of Romo and never agreed with the benching.

Actually rewind, just watched it and he’s weird. Dak did not play at an MVP level all season. He was being mocked on live TV after the 49ers game and they couldn’t find the end zone within 20 yards. And they ended the season not being able to score over 20 points until they padder stats against the Commanders.

Last edited:

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
You are 24 years old. You weren't even born yet during those 90s SBs. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Key quality players who greatly contributed to those 90s SBs...

Defensive Line:
Charles Haley
Leon Lett
Tony Tolbert
Russell Maryland
Tony Casillas
Jim Jeffcoat
Chad Hennings

Linebackers:
Ken Norton
Darrin Smith
Dixon Edwards
Robert Jones

The 90s SB Cowboys were stacked with talent. Better than what the Cowboys have had in totality since. There were other players left out since they either played a year+ before or year+ after those 3 SBs. Plus, that's not including players at other positions. Those 90s SB Cowboys were stacked.
You’ve only been a fan since 2016.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Let us not forget this another Brain Far@ of his..................
Dak-Draw-McCarthy-Wild-Card.jpg

You gotta give the ball to REF Dak........................And another...............
WUJMXDRT2SMH5DFVBYZNNSWLKI.jpg

My favorite one was taking a sack at the 6 yard line in that Eagles game.

blueblood70

Reaction score
First of all I love me some Emmitt Smith and I can get on board with saying that Prescott did not play well in this last playoff game but as a running back who had one of the greatest offensive lines and coaching Staffs in the history of football(Roger also had this) literally can't see the fact that the line the run game and you have CD lamb dropping passes he shouldn't you have one of the worst defenses performances i've ever seen in a playoff game or at least maybe my memory can't go back that far but,

this was a total team collapse maybe the entire team and coaches forgot how to play
football.

however,
I'll go to his second point they were not prepared on all three levels the coaches did not have them prepared... This is why I was hoping that they did a full purge at coaching but kept MM i wasn't happy but at least DQ is out Zims in we have some change coming.

tanks says they were tired, but it was more than that.. MM old team knew him knew his O and DQ been putting out bad showings all year and got spanked.

Creeper

Reaction score
So Emmitt was talking about one specific series against Detroit where the threw the ball out of bounds instead of running the ball to keep the clock running. Was that Dak's fault, or was it McCarthy's who called the play.

If they had run the ball (Emmitt was wrong about the number of time outs Detroit had, they had 1 left at that point I believe). Also, the Cowboys intercepted a pass and took possession at the 29 yard line. They ran on 1st down to make it 2nd and 3 from the 22. But that was when the refs called the tripping on Hendershot to move the ball back 15 yards to the Detroit 44. That was at the 2 minute warning. Detroit had 2 Time outs at that point. But the Cowboys had a 1st and 25 from the Detroit 44. They were out of FG range. They passed to CeeDee for 11 on first down. Detroit used their 2nd TO. From the 33 Dak threw deep to Cooks which was incomplete and stopped the clock with 1:49 to play. If they run the ball there, Detroit takes their last TO and the clock still stops around 1:49. The Cowboys threw it a 3rd time, complete to Ferguson for 8 yards. Detroit used its last time out. If Dallas did not throw the incomplete pass, they run the clock down to about 1 minute and kick the FG. Detroit would get the ball back on their 25 with about 55 seconds. As it played out, that would not have been enough time to score the TD, but the way the Cowboys played defense, who knows.

The question is, who called the pass plays? If Dak had better awareness then he could have run with the ball at that 2nd down instead of throwing it out of bounds to stop the clock. Even if he gets sacked the clock runs and they can take 40 seconds off. I think Dak and MM both deserve blame for that play calling.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I didn’t bother listening to the Woody interview, but he absolutely was NOT a Dak believer for the majority of his career. He definitely didn’t think he was anywhere near the level of Romo and never agreed with the benching.

Actually rewind, just watched it and he’s weird. Dak did not play at an MVP level all season. He was being mocked on live TV after the 49ers game and they couldn’t find the end zone within 20 yards. And they ended the season not being able to score over 20 points until they padder stats against the Commanders.
Nobody does more when it matters less, than Dak Prescott.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Not since Troy Akiman.
Never understood the mindset that well drafting a QB in the first round does not guarantee that anything will be different. Neither does drafting any position in the draft. They picked Claiborne with the #5 pick in the draft does that mean that we now stop picking CB's high?

Proof

Reaction score
Doesn't matter. He is correct in his assessment.
of course it matters. they ran the ball as they should’ve, and the penalty that should’ve gone against detroit and effectively ended the game put them in a situation where running the ball was not really possible