Emmitt Smith taking a shot at Dak now

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are 24 years old. You weren't even born yet during those 90s SBs. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Key quality players who greatly contributed to those 90s SBs...

Defensive Line:
Charles Haley
Leon Lett
Tony Tolbert
Russell Maryland
Tony Casillas
Jim Jeffcoat
Chad Hennings

Linebackers:
Ken Norton
Darrin Smith
Dixon Edwards
Robert Jones

The 90s SB Cowboys were stacked with talent. Better than what the Cowboys have had in totality since. There were other players left out since they either played a year+ before or year+ after those 3 SBs. Plus, that's not including players at other positions. Those 90s SB Cowboys were stacked.
Stacked...but also COACHED.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
They think Dak is better than Aikman, who apparently was a “bus driver” in one of the most timing and precision-based passing offenses in an era where DBs were allowed to be physical,
There was also no rule allowing the QB to get rid of the ball with no call for intentional grounding, at least for the first SB.

Rushers could still flatten the QB after he threw the ball if they were within a step or two.

Dak would have never survived Aikman's early years and even at least the first SB run.

#22 knows this better than anyone.

ICP

Reaction score
wait, "Well emmitt was carried by the best offensive line and defense in the world, what does Emmitt know?"'he had the best coach too and Gm" Emmett sucks, he's no dak.
Many forget that Emmitt had just shy of 1,000 yards in his final season in Arizona, and that was behind a line that was nowhere near what Dallas had at the peak of the dynasty. Anyone who says Emmitt was carried by that line didn't watch him play every week.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Dak over Dallas clowns who showed up in this thread did exactly what was expected of them and turned on a Cowboys legend just because he's smart enough to see their hero for what he is -- a worthless, overpaid hack.

Shameless and laughably predictable.
And the "Dak Haters over Dallas fans" doing what they always do, because they can't discuss any other football.

They can't even discuss what Emmitt said, just spew hate.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They think Dak is better than Aikman, who apparently was a “bus driver” in one of the most timing and precision-based passing offenses in an era where DBs were allowed to be physical,
Aikman could have set all kinds of passing records for his time, or been near the top.
But when you had Emmitt, they did not need to rely on his arm all the time.

If we had Troy or a QB like him this team would be in the SB. I can't see how any fan could argue against that. If they do, they have an agenda.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
wait, "Well emmitt was carried by the best offensive line and defense in the world, what does Emmitt know?"'he had the best coach too and Gm" Emmett sucks, he's no dak.
But Nate Newton said, they were a bunch of nobodies until Emmitt got there. :laugh:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
First of all I love me some Emmitt Smith and I can get on board with saying that Prescott did not play well in this last playoff game but as a running back who had one of the greatest offensive lines and coaching Staffs in the history of football(Roger also had this) literally can't see the fact that the line the run game and you have CD lamb dropping passes he shouldn't you have one of the worst defenses performances i've ever seen in a playoff game or at least maybe my memory can't go back that far but,

this was a total team collapse maybe the entire team and coaches forgot how to play
football.

however,
I'll go to his second point they were not prepared on all three levels the coaches did not have them prepared... This is why I was hoping that they did a full purge at coaching but kept MM i wasn't happy but at least DQ is out Zims in we have some change coming.

tanks says they were tired, but it was more than that.. MM old team knew him knew his O and DQ been putting out bad showings all year and got spanked.
Y’all, this is the best blueblood could do given the short amount of time to prepare a response.

Bravo for keeping it under 1,500 words.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
How can Emmitt say mean things like this about our QB? :(
who knows? he probably was using the eye test, and for us old high school pros the eye test isn't reliable. Emmitt sucks, I wish Emmitt had put up stats like Trashcott and if he did, then he could talk, until then shut it Emmitt. you choker.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
You just called Darren Woodson an enemy of the state.

This place is toxic as all get out.
Yeah surely did. Your faux morality on this issue won’t change a thing. If it’s sooooo toxic here you can always leave and never come back. You won’t though so just be quiet about your faux concern.