BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Thread-Dumb.jpg

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Drew Henson clearly has more talent than Tony Romo, however he has not developed the mental parts of his game. Romo has always appeared more comfortable running the offense than Henson has. Even in Europe, where scrub college talent goes to die, Henson will have a decent week, then a bad week. He has shown little consistancy and frankly, considering he is already 27, he better start developing it soon.

Oh, and nobody cares if he is the Rhein Fire's freaking offensive MVP. That's like winning a gold medal at the special olympics.
Henson's 26 and won't turn 27 until next year. If you want to bring up age as an issue, you should get it right.

Henson's played well most games, and has been consistently getting better until this past week, when he was injured. How anyone can assert otherwise is beyond me.

Romo's always looked more comfortable? Pray tell when Romo looked comfortable. To my knowledge, Romo has taken one snap in a regular season game. If you're referring to the pre-season, I've rarely seen a 1st year QB look as comfortable as Henson did as a rookie. Last season, with a new throwing motion and hampered by an injury, he did not look comfortable.

Having doubts about a player is one thing, but fabricating events like those in this post suggests a personal dislike for the player.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Double Trouble said:
Romo's always looked more comfortable? Pray tell when Romo looked comfortable.

When he beat out Henson for the backup position in open comeptition last year? What was Romo's QB rating last preseason over 4 games? Over 90?

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
When he beat out Henson for the backup position in open comeptition last year?

... just making a wild guess.
Let me take a wild guess.....you didn't read the entire post.

acheman

Reaction score
Henson's 26 and won't turn 27 until next year. If you want to bring up age as an issue, you should get it right.

Sorry to tell you but he just turned 27 in February. Maye you put the cart before the horse with that statement.:)

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Double Trouble said:
Let me take a wild guess.....you didn't read the entire post.

You asked when Romo ever looked comfortable. I merely pointed out that he posted a 90+ QB rating (actually, just to comfirm it ... I looked it up, it was 93.6) last year in 4 preseason games.

I know it was just preseason and the Jaguars 2nd teamers are no Amsterdam Admirals, but I thought it was a nice showing.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
acheman said:

Sorry to tell you but he just turned 27 in February. Maye you put the cart before the horse with that statement.:)

What kind of Henson fan are you? :D He turned 26, since he was born in 1980 :)

acheman

Reaction score
"Apologies accepted....." "Captain Needa"
Then here is mine.....I was wrong, you were right I apologize.:)
I could have sworn that I saw he had turned 27 this year. No, not in this thread either. I feel a lot better now, we have another year to get out of this guy.:D

What kind of Henson fan are you? :D He turned 26, since he was born in 1980 :)

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
acheman said:

ummm.... ;)

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v628/cowboyszone/temp/henson_bday.jpg

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
What can I say, start any thread on Henson and...

http://i6.***BLOCKED***/albums/y245/blindzebra/usual1.jpg

come out to bash.

And the usual white knights come to his rescue.

Predictable theatre.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
You asked when Romo ever looked comfortable. I merely pointed out that he posted a 90+ QB rating (actually, just to comfirm it ... I looked it up, it was 93.6) last year in 4 preseason games.

I know it was just preseason and the Jaguars 2nd teamers are no Amsterdam Admirals, but I thought it was a nice showing.

You were on a good roll IR. The Jags 2nd teamers are actually better than the Amsterdam Admirals, IMHO. That's why they aren't allocated to NFLE or given the "developmental" tag.

acheman

Reaction score
I knew I needed to verify my facts before I posted that one, now my cart is horseless.:laugh2:

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:

Yet you ignored my reference to the '05 preseason....I'm guessing you just wanted to bang the drum like so many here do.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Did you mean omniscient? As in knows all? Because omnipotent mean all powerful and clearly that doesn't apply here.

You quoted one post, and the stuff you quoted and commented on didn't fit your criteria. Merely pointing that out in a joking manner. Briefs don't get near as wadded up as satin or lace.

:lmao2: :bow:

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
I've watched every one of Henson's games in NFLE and there is no question that he has improved.

If you don't see this then you haven't watched all of his games or you won't admit his improvement no matter what he does.

GO HENSON!

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
ConcordCowboy said:
I've watched every one of Henson's games in NFLE and there is no question that he has improved.

If you don't see this then you haven't watched all of his games or you won't admit his improvement no matter what he does.

GO HENSON!

Has he improved? Yes. Is he the No. 2 guy in Big D? Dunno. We'll see. But, sometimes it doesn't seem BP is ready to say he is. He did say in his press conference that Henson has improved, but he qualified it with a statement about not knowing the condition of the field or weather. Tough to read.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Alexander said:
And the usual white knights come to his rescue.

Predictable theatre.

For someone who talks of the discomfort of these threads you always seem to be knee deep in them.

What is truly predictable is you showing contemp, talking as if it's all beneath you, while all along you keep posting away completely covered in the muck you so frequently condemn.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
the DoNkEy PuNcH said:
Has he improved? Yes. Is he the No. 2 guy in Big D? Dunno. We'll see. But, sometimes it doesn't seem BP is ready to say he is. He did say in his press conference that Henson has improved, but he qualified it with a statement about not knowing the condition of the field or weather. Tough to read.

I'm excited to see what Henson can do with very good players around him this year in training camp.

As far as I'm concerned...If Henson doesn't beat Romo out for 2nd string this year...I'm going to be VERY Disappointed!