Enough already on this HENSON dude

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
DallasDW00ds0n said:
give what up?! has this guy already proved hes the #1 QB for Dallas? i wasn't aware...
Don't you know Henson was annointed when he had a secret dinner with Bill and Jerry back in the 2004 offseason.

Here's a picture of Bill hugging Henson as he sends him off to oversee certain Cowboys interest in Veg.......Rhein.
pc0004.jpg

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Charles said:
don't you know Henson was annointed heir to the thrown when he had a secret dinner with Bill and Jerry back in the 2004 offseason.
Here's a picture of Bill hugging Henson as he sends him off to oversee certain Cowboys interest in Veg.......Rhein.

pc0004.jpg
Lame.

If this post were a horse we'd have to shoot it.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
silverbear said:
You don't have the first clue what the Cowboys think about either QB, and frankly, you make yourself look foolish trying to pretend that you do...

And how are you qualified to know who is and isn't? Not that I'm siding with you or CC, but you can't tell someone they don't know what they hell they are talking about and then provide your commentary on why you think something is going to be the way you see it. Are you a GM?

Besides, the original rumor was that BOTH QBs were going to be sent over, so you don't know that the Cowboys didn't ASK Romo to spend a spring in Europe, and he turned them down...

I thought they wanted him to stay here so he could work on the playbook. Do you have a link to an article that says they offered and he said no?

Clearly, your "take" is rooted in mindless anti-Henson bias... as always, I find myself wondering why any true Cowboys fan (not suggesting you're not one) wouldn't be rooting hard for Henson to kick butt over there, if only because that would be a good thing for the Boys...

Why is it that if someone has something negative to say about Henson, you automatically say they are "anti-Henson?" If I say he had a horrible game last week, are you going to tell me I'm anti-Henson because I didn't say something positive about him?

You talk about people on the board who don't think Henson is "the guy" as having irrational comments. I think your's are just as irrational because he hasn't proved it on the field that he is the guy... uh, oh. I just became an anti-Henson person (according to your definition).

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
rcaldw said:
I don't know why people have such a hard time understanding that physical attributes DO make a difference in the NFL.

I'm sure Dexter Coakley appreciated that one.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
the DoNkEy PuNcH said:
And how are you qualified to know who is and isn't? Not that I'm siding with you or CC, but you can't tell someone they don't know what they hell they are talking about and then provide your commentary on why you think something is going to be the way you see it. Are you a GM?
Actually if you take the time to read what you just quoted closely he didn't do anything remotely close to what you just accused him of. He called out the other poster. He did not pump himself up to GM quality opinions.

Donkey Puncher said:
Why is it that if someone has something negative to say about Henson, you automatically say they are "anti-Henson?" If I say he had a horrible game last week, are you going to tell me I'm anti-Henson because I didn't say something positive about him?
Point of reference, the poster in question is not saying he had a bad game. Bad analogy.

It is simply message board jargon to say someone is anti-________ (fill in the blank) if they bash that player. Been going on for years. Being overly sensitive about it won't change the dynamics.

Punching Donkeys said:
]You talk about people on the board who don't think Henson is "the guy" as having irrational comments. I think your's are just as irrational because he hasn't proved it on the field that he is the guy... uh, oh. I just became an anti-Henson person (according to your definition).
Once again reading comprehansion fails. He didn't say all of Henson's doubters. He addressed one guy. There's no need to include yourself unless the guilt is overcoming you.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Once again reading comprehansion fails. He didn't say all of Henson's doubters. He addressed one guy. There's no need to include yourself unless the guilt is overcoming you.

Nice play with those quote marks there Hos, in a fiesty mood aren't ya :D

Champsheart

Reaction score
Hostile said:

OUCH!

acheman

Reaction score
"Nice play with those quote marks there Hos, in a fiesty mood aren't ya :D"

You mean he doesn't have some serious issues?:) Must just be me with those problems huh? Just messing with you.:D

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
Haha, I thought Punching Donkeys was the funniest of the 3.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
Nice play with those quote marks there Hos, in a fiesty mood aren't ya :D
I figure if they've had breakfast they can take it. If they skipped it breakfast it might be a long day.

Reaction score
Hmm I wondering if the Cowboys even think their future QB is on the roster...I like the kid from Notre Dame Quinn but he'll be a top 10 pick so Dallas won't have a chance at him because they'll have the 32nd pick..**Hint Hint**

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80 said:
Hmm I wondering if the Cowboys even think their future QB is on the roster...I like the kid from Notre Dame Quinn but he'll be a top 10 pick so Dallas won't have a chance at him because they'll have the 32nd pick..**Hint Hint**

Well, I guess we dont know for sure, but basing on what they did on draft, more likely they think they have their QB of future on roster. Its just they might not be sure if Romo is that guy or Henson at this point, IMO.

I am not one of those guys who is so fascinated with Quinn, yet. I liked the guy even before Weis came in, since I thought the guy did well even without him. But I would like to wait and see if he indeed takes a bigger step next year before I jump his bandwagon.

Even if he did, no way Cowboys will be in a position to get him. So I don't know why keep people mentioning his name here, since its a pipe dream to get him, if Quinn turns out to be No. 1 Overall pick. Well I guess you can dream about getting him, no harm in that :D Its just that, its not going to happen, IMO.

superpunk

Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
Well, I guess we dont know for sure, but basing on what they did on draft, more likely they think they have their QB of future on roster. Its just they might not be sure if Romo is that guy or Henson at this point, IMO.

I am not one of those guys who is so fascinated with Quinn, yet. I liked the guy even before Weis came in, since I thought the guy did well even without him. But I would like to wait and see if he indeed takes a bigger step next year before I jump his bandwagon.

Even if he did, no way Cowboys will be in a position to get him. So I don't know why keep people mentioning his name here, since its a pipe dream to get him, if Quinn turns out to be No. 1 Overall pick. Well I guess you can dream about getting him, no harm in that :D Its just that, its not going to happen, IMO.

Maybe if we still had Hunter, Glover or Coakley on the roster we could use them as trade bait. Alas....;)

acheman

Reaction score
Well we still have Ellis and one of/or both of our backup QB's we could use as trade bait, so lets just wait and see.:laugh2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
acheman said:
Well we still have Ellis and one of/or both of our backup QB's we could use as trade bait, so lets just wait and see.:laugh2:
You forgot, Sean Payton will sell his soul to reunite with Romo. After all, he did break all his school records.

acheman

Reaction score
You forgot, Sean Payton will sell his soul to reunite with Romo. After all, he did break all his school records.__________________

So the Saints are going to hold the #1 choice next year? And they will pass on Quinn in an effort to get Romo? Sweet.:bow:

Tristan

Reaction score
Henson was Brady Quinn a few years back if you remember. Of course most of the guys bashing Henson never really watched him in college.

Anyone who actually watched Henson play his Junior year would not be so quick to discount him, and would give quite the benefit of doubt.

Very few QB's have ever accomplished the level of respect that Henson had entering his senior year, like Brady Quinn is now.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
acheman said:
So the Saints are going to hold the #1 choice next year? And they will pass on Quinn in an effort to get Romo? Sweet.:bow:
See, this GM crap is so easy.

:wink2: