EPL Season 2019-2020

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I am sorry to see it man. Thought after the start you'd make it clear.

I did too, but the injuries and COVID have really decimated us. The tricky bit is that we're a tiny club, so we can't really afford to replace key injuries like big clubs like Chelsea can. Plus, we're not exactly financially stable to begin with. We're only about 12 years removed from being liquidated and having money collected in buckets to keep us alive. Combine that with our tiny stadium, and yeah, that's a disaster waiting to happen when COVID hit. Even if we survive, The Daily Mail projects that we'll lose a lot of our best players just because we can't afford to keep them, and replacing them will be even harder. So, we're probably better off getting relegated this season and rebuilding. Sadly, Howe might get the axe too.

StylisticS

Reaction score
If not for the unintentional handball rule today, Bournemouth picks up three huge points today. They were the better side today imo.

Arsenal must win the NLD this Sunday for a chance to play in Europe next year.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
If not for the unintentional handball rule today, Bournemouth picks up three huge points today. They were the better side today imo.

Arsenal must win the NLD this Sunday for a chance to play in Europe next year.

That was an absolute rubbish handball!!! It was going in anyway, and it didn't even change the trajectory of the shot. We needed that 3 points!!

1LoyalCowboyFan

Reaction score
We do have it good.
As an American to see Pulisic twice weekly is special but Chelsea has so many young guys that are going to be great.
Plenty of good young English lads for the home crew.

Now we just need an elite centre-back and a keeper upgrade and of course a left-back.

Pulisic is so fun to watch play right now. Thinking Rudiger may be gone to make room for new CB. Zouma has to start every game if healthy. Tomori was pretty darn good himself. I want to see him before season end. Christiansen does these bonehead things out of nowhere. I’d still keep him.

so much money has been sunk into Kepa that I think you ride it. I wish they would’ve waited and gotten Onana. He’s a treat to watch.

Excited to see Jorginho play. Think he’s been trying to play the way Lampard wants to but he’s not convinced. With Gilmour and Kante hurt should get to see him.

My guess would be Tagliafico, Havertz, and an elite old CB to hold us over. Maybe even Thiago Silva. Van Dijk’s don’t grow on trees. Apparently Conte wanted Chelsea to get him...

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Pulisic is so fun to watch play right now. Thinking Rudiger may be gone to make room for new CB. Zouma has to start every game if healthy. Tomori was pretty darn good himself. I want to see him before season end. Christiansen does these bonehead things out of nowhere. I’d still keep him.

so much money has been sunk into Kepa that I think you ride it. I wish they would’ve waited and gotten Onana. He’s a treat to watch.

Excited to see Jorginho play. Think he’s been trying to play the way Lampard wants to but he’s not convinced. With Gilmour and Kante hurt should get to see him.

My guess would be Tagliafico, Havertz, and an elite old CB to hold us over. Maybe even Thiago Silva. Van Dijk’s don’t grow on trees. Apparently Conte wanted Chelsea to get him...
Rumor is they are in for Oblak with Kepa plus money going to Atletico.
That's the prize but Atletico does like Chelsea business and we could send them some prime loan players like CHO in the deal.

Zouma is so rusty he almost needs to be loaned out to play every game elsewhere.

Christensen is a great size but lacks both pace and spatial awareness. Playing him next to Zouma is oh lord bad.
Tomori and Rudi are better than both IMHO. But you can't play Tomori and Rudi together long term cause lack of size.
I think they'll get Chilwell done but lack of CB targets is frankly confusing. I don't think we get above 5/10 play at CB more than once a month.

1LoyalCowboyFan

Reaction score
Rumor is they are in for Oblak with Kepa plus money going to Atletico.
That's the prize but Atletico does like Chelsea business and we could send them some prime loan players like CHO in the deal.

Zouma is so rusty he almost needs to be loaned out to play every game elsewhere.

Christensen is a great size but lacks both pace and spatial awareness. Playing him next to Zouma is oh lord bad.
Tomori and Rudi are better than both IMHO. But you can't play Tomori and Rudi together long term cause lack of size.
I think they'll get Chilwell done but lack of CB targets is frankly confusing. I don't think we get above 5/10 play at CB more than once a month.

I saw that rumor. I’d like that. I also like Onana. If CHO leaves we’ll need another winger that would leave us with 6 forwards.

Rudi has been in terrible form. Christensen is unsure of himself. There isn’t a site fire CB for us. Although Zouma playing the best. I’m a big fan of Tomori. Want him to win a starting spot.

if Chilwell happens then I’ll support him. Nothing in his stats say he is elite.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I saw that rumor. I’d like that. I also like Onana. If CHO leaves we’ll need another winger that would leave us with 6 forwards.

Rudi has been in terrible form. Christensen is unsure of himself. There isn’t a site fire CB for us. Although Zouma playing the best. I’m a big fan of Tomori. Want him to win a starting spot.

if Chilwell happens then I’ll support him. Nothing in his stats say he is elite.
I thought Zouma was our best CB before his injury but has mostly been a disaster class since.
His issue seems to mostly be awareness. But idk maybe I just hate the French ...just kidding I love Kante.
Rudi is the best of that bad lot imho with Tomori out at least.

I do think long-term it is Zouma and Tomori.

CHO isn't getting run right now so a loan seems optimal. Ziyech and Pulisic are your starters there. CHO would be fine as a 3rd winger but I don't know if he'd accept that role happily.

Chilwell is above average which I'd take after a year of Emerson and Alonso. He's as good offensively as Alonso and far better defensively. Love that he's only 23. But yea he's not gonna make anyone forget Jordi Alba or even peak Azpi.

Sheffield United match was like one long kick in the groin and the unimpressive 1-0 win over Norwich didn't wash that away. Combined with the ridiculous Man City ban reversal it'll be a crazy final stretch.

1LoyalCowboyFan

Reaction score
I thought Zouma was our best CB before his injury but has mostly been a disaster class since.
His issue seems to mostly be awareness. But idk maybe I just hate the French ...just kidding I love Kante.
Rudi is the best of that bad lot imho with Tomori out at least.

I do think long-term it is Zouma and Tomori.

CHO isn't getting run right now so a loan seems optimal. Ziyech and Pulisic are your starters there. CHO would be fine as a 3rd winger but I don't know if he'd accept that role happily.

Chilwell is above average which I'd take after a year of Emerson and Alonso. He's as good offensively as Alonso and far better defensively. Love that he's only 23. But yea he's not gonna make anyone forget Jordi Alba or even peak Azpi.

Sheffield United match was like one long kick in the groin and the unimpressive 1-0 win over Norwich didn't wash that away. Combined with the ridiculous Man City ban reversal it'll be a crazy final stretch.

I agree on just about everything you said. If Willian is gone, CHO will want more minutes. Man City ban reversal was a shock. What’s funny is Emerson will most likely do well in Italy. Same for Alonso. I myself want two LB’s and CB.

I hate watching Rudi get bullied by big strikers.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I agree on just about everything you said. If Willian is gone, CHO will want more minutes. Man City ban reversal was a shock. What’s funny is Emerson will most likely do well in Italy. Same for Alonso. I myself want two LB’s and CB.

I wonder if Bournemouth has anyone that fits your description, if we go down.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

Agreed 100% and yup Emerson and Alonso were better under Sarri and Conte in defensive based systems with short passing flows forward.
The issue with changing coaches and systems a lot is team turnover and often with financial losses.

And yup Rudi is the quicker, passing CB but he needs to be offset with a formidable guy in the middle much like Germany does in 3-4-3 lineups.
I'd sure take Niklas Sule at Chelsea....

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I wonder if Bournemouth has anyone that fits your description, if we go down.

Well Chelsea's own Nathan Ake would prolly be the guy most in that vein.
If he was coming in to be a 3rd CB that'd work but most likely he gets sold to someone who plays him every game.

1LoyalCowboyFan

Reaction score
Well Chelsea's own Nathan Ake would prolly be the guy most in that vein.
If he was coming in to be a 3rd CB that'd work but most likely he gets sold to someone who plays him every game.

Bournemouth bought Ake a while back. Agreed, that Ake is prem quality but not what Chelsea need. I have mixed feelings of how Fernandes transformed United.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Bournemouth bought Ake a while back. Agreed, that Ake is prem quality but not what Chelsea need. I have mixed feelings of how Fernandes transformed United.

Well, you lot are going to be able to get him. VAR screwed us again on the offsides. There was a handball on Soton that they missed which should've offset.