Eric Berry meeting over. Expects to meet with other teams

lostar2009

Reaction score
Probably? Lol.

Missing 91% of the games over 2 years IS a bad stretch. In fact, calling it a bad stretch is a gross understatement.

DeMarcus Ware only missed 14 games his entire career. Berry missed 29 the last 2 years alone. Not quite the same.

Oh okay. I don't see an issue bringing the guy here. If he helps he helps. If not oh well on to the next guy. But I bet they will probably draft a guy anyways.

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
I know normally when a guy leaves wo a contract it’s a bad sign, but I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if after he does his due diligence if he signs here ( unless we just have no interest)

With all he’s been through the past few years I’m sure he’s gonna wanna think on it after visiting with a few clubs.

Rayman70

Reaction score
reality will set in soon for Eric Berry. His career could be just about done,like now. He is high risk, reward kinda guy.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know normally when a guy leaves wo a contract it’s a bad sign, but I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if after he does his due diligence if he signs here ( unless we just have no interest)

With all he’s been through the past few years I’m sure he’s gonna wanna think on it after visiting with a few clubs.

The team/situation/coaches are likely more important to him than just money vs ET who just wanted that last big contract. Berry has made about 2x more than ET from a report that was posted.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
LOL the point of even visiting? He's going to end up on a one year deal with whatever team he lands on due to his injury history. The Jones boys couldn't get this done?

Who do they send out there to talk to these guys?
Waaaa, waaaaa..........

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh okay. I don't see an issue bringing the guy here. If he helps he helps. If not oh well on to the next guy. But I bet they will probably draft a guy anyways.
If he passes a physical and the cost is low, I would be okay with it too.

jay94

Reaction score
Waaaa, waaaaa..........
Your to comfortable with our 500 team the past 25 years. Last year people were saying the same thing last year about not picking up any recievers and ended up sacraficing our first to fix our dunpster fire issue. Safety is our weakest link on defense our FO is truly terrible is we dont do something major in FA or either pick one in the first two picks come draft time.

ksadler1

Reaction score
What is everyone's infatuation with this guy? The Chiefs were going to sign ET if the Ravens hadn't. Berry will be out of the league in 2 years. He's a wreck. We can do better in the draft. Who? I have no idea, but at least he'll be on the field...

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Even at 50% he is a SIGNIFICANT UPGRADE over our weakest link Heath.

Even as untrue as that is, it’s still irrelevent if he isn’t on the field at all. You can’t even be 50% on IR, so the Cowboys have to be convinced his health is good.

Aven8

Reaction score
Dr Cooper looked at that heel and said, “oh hell NO!”

Mobinvans

Reaction score
Word is Dallas offered Berry $1.2 million , season tickets and a ride on Jurrahs mega yacht....

Hell be back...

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Berry is a different cat. He has been through a lot.

I don't view him as the typical "feed mah family" kind of kid that looking for huge money.

jay94

Reaction score
Even as untrue as that is, it’s still irrelevent if he isn’t on the field at all. You can’t even be 50% on IR, so the Cowboys have to be convinced his health is good.
Hey at least we have a special teamer to come back in and drag the rest of the defense down, yes he is that bad. As many games as he has cost us over time, most teams would have kicked him to the curb, but due to our JAG philosophy he fits right in with our 25 years of mediocrity

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey at least we have a special teamer to come back in and drag the rest of the defense down, yes he is that bad. As many games as he has cost us over time, most teams would have kicked him to the curb, but due to our JAG philosophy he fits right in with our 25 years of mediocrity

So your philosophy is to just give somebody else a few million dollars and worry later about whether they can even pass the minimum physical requirements to play ...

Hey, I can not show up forcwork if you have a few million laying around to pay me.

jay94

Reaction score
You can obviously set up perimeters that not only benefit you, but the player. Hey don't worry we will way over spend on both Lawrence and Prescott and instead of 5 mil too much for each it could be a mil or 2 to much for a guy like Berry.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
From the Cowboys side, besides the cash, the issue will be with respect to his medicals.